• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Pharmacy

Banned
Finally made it into GAFu! :)

I was wondering how easy it is to find GAF servers and players? I've played a lot of Warhawk but never dived into the community aspect yet. How does it all work?

Baker

Banned
Pharmacy said:
Finally made it into GAFu! :)

I was wondering how easy it is to find GAF servers and players? I've played a lot of Warhawk but never dived into the community aspect yet. How does it all work?

1. Get fellow gaffers on your PSN friend list
- Community -> Buddies shows you if they're online and what server they're in

2. Sort the server list alphabetically.
- Hit R2 a bunch of times to get down to the G's and see if there are any gaf servers up

ChryZ

1. Get fellow gaffers on your PSN friend list
- Community -> Buddies shows you if they're online and what server they're in
Then you'll try to join their game, it's going to be full, so you end up playing with random strangers on random server and then you'll run into random gaffers because the world is such a small place :lol

Hitmeneer

Question, has anyone played Tribes 2? I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is as good or even better then Tribes 2? Warhawk seems a bit limited (no deployables as far as I know and not allot of different weapons as a soldier or in vehicles?? ) and 'easy' (Tribes 2 is really hard to master, after 4-6 year of playing I still had lots to learn. Almost every weapon was non-guided and projectile based) compared to Tribes 2.

But since Tribes 2 died (and Irrational Games made a really awfull sequel :< ), I'm looking for a succeeder. Battlefield wasn't my thing, but Warhawk seems nice and intense. The only downside is that I have to buy a PS3 if I want to play Warhawk :p, also no friends of my own a PS3 so.... any old Tribes 2 players here, who can enlighten me.

Raist

Banned
burnfout said:
*Logs into Warhawk, looks at recruit rank :( logs out again.*

When will this shit be fixed?

It is. But don't expect to see your rank move from the games you played when it was bugged. They said that those stats were lost.

Raist

Banned
burnfout said:
I was a sergeant before the downtime, now I am recruit again :(

Hmmm that's weird. I only lost the ribbons and points I earned during the stats update problem, but I didn't lose the stuff I got before that

calder

ChryZ said:
Then you'll try to join their game, it's going to be full, so you end up playing with random strangers on random server and then you'll run into random gaffers and get blowed up by Yixian and Sea Manky over and over because the world is such a small place :lol
Fixed, for me anyway. ;)

Firewire

Banned
Katana_Strikes said:
Can anyone tell me who bought the Jabra headset bundle, if you have to keep connecting it in the PS3 settings everytime?

I have the bundle, I only sinq'd it up the first time works wonders for me. I usually turn the headset on after the PS3 and have no problems.

rc213

Katana_Strikes said:
Can anyone tell me who bought the Jabra headset bundle, if you have to keep connecting it in the PS3 settings everytime?

Just hit the button a sec or two until it beeps and it will re-sync without having to go into the settings menu.

Ok thanks guys. I've only tried it a few times but I turned it on during Warhawk, but there was no sound coming through it and I found out it wasn't connected in the settings. I was thinking about getting rid of it if it was going to be this much hassle. :(

Raist

Banned
Katana_Strikes said:
Ok thanks guys. I've only tried it a few times but I turned it on during Warhawk, but there was no sound coming through it and I found out it wasn't connected in the settings. I was thinking about getting rid of it if it was going to be this much hassle. :(

Yeah, it seems like turning the HS on once a game is booted mostly fails.

Just turn it once your PS3 is booted, works fine. Or even ingame, you can turn it off/on and it should work

Firewire

Banned
Hey guys is there any reporting system in Wowhawk? (like Resistance) Or is there an official place on the web you can go to? I really wanted to report a guy last night that was so racially offensive & rude, but I couldn't find anything.

Steroyd

Baker said:
Yeah no shit. You don't have to run around like a chicken with it's head cut off when you spawn. Take a second, don't just haul balls to the nearest gas powered do-hicky and pound R2 with no regard to what's going on around you.

+1 to whoever said to foot run on the side of the road. I learned that lesson after my first match, hehe.

pfft I run over my teammates at one mile an hour, don't think I try to hold on the break when the buggers jump right in under my Jeep.

Damn it,the game doesn't refresh my stats since yesterday,thing is i should be a lvl higher now(i needed the ground battle bandit),this shit is starting to kill the game for me...

P.S. i have only Nofi so far on my friendlist,so if any other GAFu(or gaffers in general)member wants to add me in his friend list,it would be appreciated :)

PuMa

Pallaris said:
Were the servers supposed to be fixed? My stats are still not updating. This is horseshit..

They were fixed up until this morning. Now people are reporting that they are back to Recruit again. Give it a few hours and Im guessing we will be back with our old stats again...

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
May I ask how do you get the 4x4 bandit cause I cant seem to understand it do I kill people with the shitty Turret of do I run their buts over. I have tried both and I don't get anything. Cause i have the points for Wingman but I still don't rank up or is it that I need only 1 or both?

Kyoufu

Finally got my bundle today. Cool headset.

I'm not very good (yet), but if GAF still recruiting? If so my PSN is Kyoufu.

Oh and, it took me forever to join a game because EVERY.FRICKING.TIME. it said Game is Full....thats so shitty.

FightyF

Banned
Heh, I've avoided any frustrations with the game by not playing it. :p

But, I was sorta hoping things would have been sorted out by now.

What makes this so frustrating is that it's an excellent playing game.

Steroyd

At this rate I'll get 4x4 bandits killing my teammates. :/

Kyoufu state your timezone and which faction of Gaf you want to join.

Havoc

Banned
Raist said:
It is. But don't expect to see your rank move from the games you played when it was bugged. They said that those stats were lost.
I was Airman rank when I played this morning, as soon as I quit to log out I was back to Recruit w/all stats at zero and all medals etc... gone. Has Incognito made an official statement about this problem yet?

spwolf

Havoc said:
I was Airman rank when I played this morning, as soon as I quit to log out I was back to Recruit w/all stats at zero and all medals etc... gone. Has Incognito made an official statement about this problem yet?

happened just after they fixed servers issue... stats server is not responding basically...

Kyoufu

Steroyd said:
At this rate I'll get 4x4 bandits killing my teammates. :/

Kyoufu state your timezone and which faction of Gaf you want to join.

I'm GMT timezone, but I'm on always, really. Prefer to join a US GAF clan, if any are available.

Is it me or do the sixaxis controls suck? I'm terrible with them, but I got really tired of using it after 20mins, and very frustrated too. I began hating the game until I switched to analogue controls and am now liking it.

Oh and that sniper rifle is insane, needs a nerf.

spwolf

oh nice, i think they increased points for dogfights as well... i noticed how CTF is how all top ranings players get 90% of their points... good good!

Steroyd

Kyoufu said:
I'm GMT timezone, but I'm on always, really. Prefer to join a US GAF clan, if any are available.

Oh and that sniper rifle is insane, needs a nerf.

:mad: There's nothing wrong with GAFu, not that it makes a difference anyway the clan invite is bugged so neither clans can invite anymore people and we sort Gaf meetups through this forum.

Sniper Rifle just try and get headshots with that thing it's next to impossible with their pea heads.

Trevelyan

Banned
Damn, I must be lucky. My stats usually update almost after every game. I kid not. So far, since the update on Friday, the latest it's taken my stats to update has been about 30 mins after the conclusion of a match. Sorry to all those still having trouble with it. =/

spwolf

SaitoH said:
So stats from Friday - Sunday are "bugged"? I ask because I just logged on and I'm a recruit again.

no they are not, stat server had issues today, but it is back and all of the stats are back for me...

burnfout

Damn my teammates were a bunch of morons! MORONS I tell you! I got teamkilled at least 10 times each match, even more than the times Escalation blew me out of the sky FFS! :(

Con

Banned
That's true, but hopefully Incognito will fix their servers in a very near future.
Resistance has 2 ladders, so why shouldn't Warhawk have at least one? I would personally like to see a Dogfight-ladder. :)

User 406

Banned
ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!

Had the most frustrating set of zones matches. First we're on Destroyed Capitol, and some guy is going on and on about how this is his favorite zones map. Meanwhile, the other team is taking everything. At one point he says, "Whoa, they took all the zones!" >X{

We did managed to come back and win, but the next match was Archipelago. I say, "Let's get all three center zones up to level 3 quick." I get in a warhawk with someone, he flies to the closest base instead. Everyone else just putters along, and of course the enemy gets a really strong foothold in the center. We lose badly.

Next game was Eucadia. I emphasize that we need to take the center zones first. Some guy argues with me, saying that if the zones aren't linked, they're useless. I try to explain that if you have the center zones up to 3, their nearby ones can only grow to 1, making for both an easier defense and attack, but he just calls me a dumbass. They own us again.

Then the server shut down, thank goodness.

Zones really requires teamwork, and if there's even a little imbalance in clue, it becomes a landslide.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot the best part, when I asked everyone to jump in warhawks to get to the bases as fast as possible, I got some people saying stuff along the lines of, "I'm no good in a warhawk, I need a tank." YOU CAN GET A TANK AFTER YOU FLY TO THE BASE YOU'RE AFTER. Good grief, if people are so allergic to the aircraft that they won't even use them for transport, why aren't they playing a different game that's 100% ground pounding?

S. L.

hukasmokincaterpillar said:
I'm still getting the damn "Game is Full" error regularly, anyone else? I dig the hell out of this game but it's trying my patience big time.
nope, except for 31/32 servers somtimes, but i guess that is when sombody is faster connecting.
pressing triangle on a specific server now actually updates its stats

Oni Jazar

That was some kickass games we played guys. Too bad the last one was a fruitless tie match. When you play this game with PCM5.1 surround sound holy shit it's amazing.

Top Bottom