• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Kittonwy

Banned
Firewire said:
Its WOWHAWK! of course people are interested!

Everybody wuv wowhawk.
gladtomeetya.gif

Except Beatbox.
hem.gif

the_id

hey Gaf, should i be upgrading my broadband? right now i can get the maximum download out of my line (4-5Mbps) but my upload is crap. about 130kbps. is that the reason why i get Nat 2 everytime even after portforwarding? anyway, should i upgrade so that i'd get max. download and upload for my line?

CSSer

the_id said:
hey Gaf, should i be upgrading my broadband? right now i can get the maximum download out of my line (4-5Mbps) but my upload is crap. about 130kbps. is that the reason why i get Nat 2 everytime even after portforwarding? anyway, should i upgrade so that i'd get max. download and upload for my line?

I don't think it'll matter unless you're hosting games. What's wrong with NAT type 2? I had that during the beta, and was fine with it. Most beta testers were fine with NAT type 3 too.

Also, just to make sure you opened/forwarded the right ports

The port numbers for PLAYSTATION®Network servers used for this are TCP: 80, 443, 5223 and UDP: 3478, 3479.

For voice / video chat and online game play, direct communication with other PS3™ systems is used for data transmission during voice / video chat and online gaming. The port number used for this is UDP: 3658. However, you may need to use a different port number when you are connected using a NAT router.

JB1981

yea, just don't host games.

Warhawk will choose how large a game you can host anyway. It checks your upload speed and limits you to a certain number of players. I can only host 20-player games.

rc213

the_id said:

NAT2 means you have the port forwarding done correctly. The only way you will get NAT1 is if you are connected directly to the modem.

Wollan

The original ThreeSpeech blog post which said download available on the 28th for Europe (which was at that time yet to be 100% confirmed) has now been 100% confirmed. The retail version seems to be one extra week behind though.

This is now confirmed for PSN release on August 28 for £19.99 UK or €29.99. The Blu-ray/Jabra headset bundle will follow at retail on September 21 for
£39.99.
http://threespeech.com/blog/?p=556

Yama

Atrus asked me to add his information as his GAF account isn't activated yet.

GAFID: Atrus

PSNID: Lanthanide

Timezone: UTC/GMT -7 hours

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Grayman said:
What is the shortform for Warhawk?

WAR and WH seem to be taken by warhammer.

do we call it hawk?
You don't abbreviate Warhawk. RESPECT.

EDIT: Holy hell they got just about everything wrong in the 1st paragraph of that Yahoo UK review. Making IGN's editors look good by comparison.

PleoMax

Banned
Now that i think about it, i don't remember if i set up a U.S or U.K account....does it make a difference in the PSN store?

Firewire

Banned
PleoMax said:
Now that i think about it, i don't remember if i set up a U.S or U.K account....does it make a difference in the PSN store?

In reference to downloading Warhawk? If so no, It will be available for download on the 28th everywhere!

Firewire

Banned
PleoMax said:
Download speed (Warhawk is big right?), prices...

It'll be compressed in some for I'd imagine, but I'm unsure about actual size.
Download is $40
Retail with Headset $60 (but only available on the 28th in N.A) Wollan I think posted an update close to the top of the page about retail release dates in Europe!

PleoMax

Banned
Firewire said:
It'll be compressed in some for I'd imagine, but I'm unsure about actual size.
Download is $40
Retail with Headset $60 (but only available on the 28th in N.A) Wollan I think posted an update close to the top of the page about retail release dates in Europe!

I ain't paying 60$. I'll just have to be silent, you guys won't hear me talk, but you guys will see me kill bitches

Firewire

Banned
PleoMax said:
I ain't paying 60$. I'll just have to be silent, you guys won't hear me talk, but you guys will see me kill bitches

Its a pretty decent Jabra 125 Bluetooth headset. Search for a good price on the internets and you might be able to get it cheap.

Your in GAFU? I'll say hello with some missiles....:lol

Trout

Banned
is this going to be a situation where it can be downloaded on Tuesday, but those of us getting the bundle will have to wait till Wednesday? oh yeah...I'm pumped for this game. I guess now will be a good time to trade in R6Vegas for a little credit towards Wowhawk.

Trout said:
is this going to be a situation where it can be downloaded on Tuesday, but those of us getting the bundle will have to wait till Wednesday? oh yeah...I'm pumped for this game. I guess now will be a good time to trade in R6Vegas for a little credit towards Wowhawk.

I believe you can pick it up on Tuesday, if you can't I'll be pissed and Clan GAFe won't get invites till Wednesday. I plan on calling my EB on Monday to confirm it.

PleoMax

Banned
Firewire said:
Its a pretty decent Jabra 125 Bluetooth headset. Search for a good price on the internets and you might be able to get it cheap.

Your in GAFU? I'll say hello with some missiles....:lol

The euro one yah, you know...the best one.

Raist said:
woohoo \o/

:p

I don't want your ladies to go "Who's that talking on the T.V? Let me talk to him, cmon just let me talk to him" then 5 min later "Give me the controller, let me play please, cmon don't be like that" then 3 hours later "Look, i gotta go...".

I pitty the fool

gcubed

Trout said:

i wonder how long it will actually take to download this game. Hopefully it comes out early enough that i can download it before i leave for work

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
UnholySpectacle said:
I believe you can pick it up on Tuesday, if you can't I'll be pissed and Clan GAFe won't get invites till Wednesday. I plan on calling my EB on Monday to confirm it.

I certainly won't mind having some time to learn the game a bit.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Killthee, you can drop me from GAF East and give the spot to someone else. I just joined an NCAA league and I won't have time for both so I won't be getting Warhawk for a few months.

Top Bottom