• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

wotter

Haven't played the beta, and I'll buy it on Sep. 21.

GAF - PSN - TIMEZONE - Specific Location

wotter - wotter_be - GMT+1 - Belgium

Metalmurphy said:
Isn't 6.5 extremely low? Even for a crappy review? oO I mean, from what I've been reading from the beta players it seemed like a 8+ game. And for 30€.

Ah, but as said, PSM mentions the price in the review, as a negative. Only of course the price mentioned is the price of the version sold in stores as opposed to the PSN version. Dodgy review ahoy.

Firewire

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
Ah, but as said, PSM mentions the price in the review, as a negative. Only of course the price mentioned is the price of the version sold in stores as opposed to the PSN version. Dodgy review ahoy.

Yeah that was kind of weird!

Metalmurphy said:
Isn't 6.5 extremely low? Even for a crappy review? oO I mean, from what I've been reading from the beta players it seemed like a 8+ game. And for 30€.

Is PSM that magazine that once had a Gears ad?
AltogetherAndrews said:
Firewire said:
Not sure, but I think OXM & PSM are owned by the same publishing group.
Does anyone know, out of curiosity? Again no conspiracy theories here, so don't start that
stuff please!
Thats fuckin lame! Just out of curiosity since OXM and PSM are supposedly owned by the same company what did OXM give ShadowRun?

nategc

Banned
FootNinja said:
joke site how? :eek:

it was a question keep your lil sarcasm to a minimum, and the fact that reviews shouldn't be a deciding factor on purchases stands.

they reviewed bioshock and was raving about the ps3 version being better in every way. :lol they have to be a joke site.

anyway, i never played the beta but, how is the map focused, is it 34 in the sky and 34 on ground troops, or just all for one in the sky then you can just land then fight., i was wondering how its done for awhile.

Safe Bet

Banned
Still trying to decide between the retail or psn version...

I do need a wireless headset and since it's bluethooth it will work with my phone too...

*ponder*

CSSer

nategc said:
anyway, i never played the beta but, how is the map focused, is it 34 in the sky and 34 on ground troops, or just all for one in the sky then you can just land then fight., i was wondering how its done for awhile.

It's 32 players (at most 16vs16), and air/ground combat happening simultaneously. It depends on the map; some encourage flight combat (destroyed capital, archipelago), some for ground combat (a certain small level in the badlands), and others a mixture of both (island outpost, eucadia).

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Darobga said:
PSN: Darobga - East Coast - NYC~ish

_42557809_balloon_getty416.jpg

GAFe is now full!

The remaining CST people (krypt0nian, Aleman, Leehom, acevans2, and typoEDR) are now in GAFw.

The remaining pending more info people (sk3tch, Mifune, justjohn, Dizzan, GeoramA, spwolf, rubso, Thunderbear, J-Rzez, DemonSwordsman, Sirolf, jda1977) have been placed in GAFw till I get clarification of their timezone or in DCharlie's case, his preference.

GAFw has 1 spot open.
GAFe is full.
GAFu has plenty of room for more Euro gaffers.

What should be done if more gaffers want to join a U.S. GAF clan? Start a third clan?

Link to roster.

Firewire

Banned
Safe Bet said:

I do need a wireless headset and since it's bluethooth it will work with my phone too...

*ponder*

The box set is the way to go, unless you're interested in sharing the game with friends.

For $20 more you get

The game on disc
The manual
That nice box
Any extra stuff they put on the disc
The Jabra Bluetooth headset
And the ability to trade the game in about 10yrs (seriously you'll be playing that long)

Ashhong

Killthee said:
GAFw has 1 spot open.
GAFe is full.

What should be done if more gaffers want to join a U.S. GAF clan? Start a third clan?

Link to roster.

killthee, i asked earlier, but u probably didnt see it. my friend is awaiting approval for the site and cant post but wants to join GAFw. Can he?

xrich - xrich - PST/GAFw - California

Safe Bet said:

*ponder*

I know how you feel. I finally decided to get the retail after seeing the Gamestop 10% off coupon. If that stacks with my employee discount, It will only cost me 48 bucks :D

Kittonwy

Banned
TTP said:
I predict another Resistance (press: bad, players: awesome)

Press seriously doesn't have a clue about how to properly review games anymore. Expecially online games which require quite a bit of testing in a populated environment (which you can hardly find when there are just a bunch of jurnos online with the review code).

I was lucky enough to partecipate to the beta so when the review code arrived all I had to do was check improvements and whatnot for my review.

Gave the game a top score of course :)

I don't get it, the gameplay was awesome, technically the engine ran flawlessly, network-wise it was bugging out during the beta but that should be fixed, what more is to be expected from an online-only title?

Killthee

Ashhong said:
killthee, i asked earlier, but u probably didnt see it. my friend is awaiting approval for the site and cant post but wants to join GAFw. Can he?

xrich - xrich - PST/GAFw - California

#44 in GAFw ; P

panda_suit.jpg

I SEE EVERYTHING!

Kittonwy

Banned
nategc said:
they reviewed bioshock and was raving about the ps3 version being better in every way. :lol they have to be a joke site.

With 32 players, unless it's a warhawk only deathmatch, you can seamlessly go from air to ground combat whether it's TDM or CTF.

Ragnarok10

Do you guys think the PSN version will override the Icon on the XMB for the beta? (ie. just one Warhawk icon after I purchase the PSN version)

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I'd still like to see Sony offer up a download of the original PS1 Warhawk for free to anyone who buys the new one.

Kittonwy said:
I don't get it, the gameplay was awesome, technically the engine ran flawlessly, network-wise it was bugging out during the beta but that should be fixed, what more is to be expected from an online-only title?
Either ghosts of single-player past, or excuses to drum up controversy for variable pricing of multiple SKUs.

Firewire

Banned
Ragnarok10 said:
Do you guys think the PSN version will override the Icon on the XMB for the beta? (ie. just one Warhawk icon after I purchase the PSN version)

I would assume it would be overwritten, if not you can just delete the beta icon.

Ragnarok10 said:

Delete the beta, it is useless now. Incognito said the version you will be downloading is new data.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
UnholySpectacle said:
Delete the beta, it is useless now. Incognito said the version you will be downloading is new data.
But that beta data is collector's item!!! I want to enshrine it!

Kittonwy

Banned
kaching said:
I'd still like to see Sony offer up a download of the original PS1 Warhawk for free to anyone who buys the new one.

Either ghosts of single-player past, or excuses to drum up controversy for variable pricing of multiple SKUs.

Even the beta itself had a TON of playability, I don't see why the game would get criticized for the value it provides. I wonder if they added a short single player campaign whether the game would get hammered for that.

Killthee

KillerNapkin said:
PSN: Titus_Pullo TZ: Pacific Location: Oregon

Signed earlier but I'm not seeing my info on the clan roster.

Sorry, I must have missed you because you didn't post a timezone ^_^;

I'm putting you on the Alternate/Backup/Clan 3 list until further notice.

jda1977

Killthee said:
_42557809_balloon_getty416.jpg

GAFe is now full!

The remaining CST people (krypt0nian, Aleman, Leehom, acevans2, and typoEDR) are now in GAFw.

The remaining pending more info people (sk3tch, Mifune, justjohn, Dizzan, GeoramA, spwolf, rubso, Thunderbear, J-Rzez, DemonSwordsman, Sirolf, jda1977) have been placed in GAFw till I get clarification of their timezone or in DCharlie's case, his preference.

GAFw has 1 spot open.
GAFe is full.

Link to roster.

Pacific ---> California for me!

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Kittonwy said:
Even the beta itself had a TON of playability, I don't see why the game would get criticized for the value it provides. I wonder if they added a short single player campaign whether the game would get hammered for that.
You're preaching to the converted, Kitton. I think between the scrapped SP and unconventional pricing/delivery model for the game, it's just going to have bear being a lightning rod for the more sensationalist controversy that game journos want to throw at it.

Firewire

Banned
kaching said:
You're preaching to the converted, Kitton. I think between the scrapped SP and unconventional pricing/delivery model for the game, it's just going to have bear being a lightning rod for the more sensationalist controversy that game journos want to throw at it.

Any idea what score TTP gave the game?

Sirolf

Here are my missing infos,sorry for the delay :)

Sirolf - Floris - GMT+1 - France

Firewire said:
UnholySpectacle:

How are we going to decide clan nights & times? When will the invites be sent out?

Now that the clans are mostly full it is a good time for us to start discussing this. I will be home by around 9:30pm EST on the 28th so I will pop in my copy and start setting up the clan and sending out invites then. I figure we can have some clan skirmishes well into the night and the next day. I would like to have our first "official" matchup on Thursday the 30th since it will give folks time to:

A. Get a copy of the game and accept their invite. (Who knows if the PSN will explode)
B. Play around and get a feel for the controls and gametypes
C. Figure out who has the best connection to host servers.
D. Read this thread and develop hatred for the other clans :D (Safe Bet will be the instigator...
this I guarantee!
)

How does 10pm EST on the 30th sound for the west coast folks? Late enough for most of you to get home I would think. We will have to get a roll call to find out how many people will be there since we can only do 16 v 16 at any time. We can discuss the finer details as we get closer to to the 30th.

GAF WOWHAWK showdown tentative date and time:

Thursday, August 30th
10pm EST

Let me what you think.

Safe Bet

Banned
Firewire said:
UnholySpectacle:

How are we going to decide clan nights & times? When will the invites be sent out?
As for GAFw (read: the most awesomest clan to step foot into the digital realm):

I'll be sending out invites Day One and then trying to get everyone agreed on playtimes via the forums asap.

Chris R

Has there been any word if the retail package can be installed onto the Harddrive? I want the headset, but only if I can play without having the disc in there.

Steroyd

Killthee said:
GAFw has 1 spot open.
GAFe is full.

Link to roster.

America can fill 2 clans and Europe can't even get half way.

I know a solution... bitch and moan at the US blog. :lol

rhfb said:
Wow, what a stupid move considering the game can be downloaded off the PSN. I guess its the PSN version for me then.

Not stupid for them. If all you had to do was download it off disc, can you imagine how many kids would install it and then hand it off around the neighborhood for all their friends to take advantage of.

Chris R

UnholySpectacle said:
Not stupid for them. If all you had to do was download it off disc, can you imagine how many kids would install it and then hand it off around the neighborhood for all their friends to take advantage of.

What about including a serial code or something like that so it can be downloaded to the harddrive if you wanted, or you could just play it off the disk. I wasn't just talking about put the disc in, download it and then sell the game off(I'm not that stupid :lol )

exarkun

I wanna join WOWHAWK GAFw clan : ).

exarkun - exarkun - I go between CST and PST - Houston TX, or Massachusetts

I look forward to showing my 'hawking skills. heh

Firewire

Banned
UnholySpectacle said:
Now that the clans are mostly full it is a good time for us to start discussing this. I will be home by around 9:30pm EST on the 28th so I will pop in my copy and start setting up the clan and sending out invites then. I figure we can have some clan skirmishes well into the night and the next day. I would like to have our first "official" matchup on Thursday the 30th since it will give folks time to:

A. Get a copy of the game and accept their invite. (Who knows if the PSN will explode)
B. Play around and get a feel for the controls and gametypes
C. Figure out who has the best connection to host servers.
D. Read this thread and develop hatred for the other clans :D (Safe Bet will be the instigator...
this I guarantee!
)

How does 10pm EST on the 30th sound for the west coast folks? Late enough for most of you to get home I would think. We will have to get a roll call to find out how many people will be there since we can only do 16 v 16 at any time. We can discuss the finer details as we get closer to to the 30th.

GAF WOWHAWK showdown tentative date and time:

Thursday, August 30th
10pm EST

Let me what you think.

I agree with everything. I especially like the idea of having some time for in clan skirmishes.

And Thursday (30th) match up against the GAFw at 10pm(EST) is a great idea.

Killthee

KillerNapkin said:
PSN: Titus_Pullo TZ: Pacific Location: Oregon

Signed earlier but I'm not seeing my info on the clan roster.

Set you in the west clan.

sullyj said:
I do not see my name anymore. sullyj east coast

I'm setting you in the temp "alternative/limbo/backup/clan 3?" list unless you want to be in the west clan.

exarkun said:
I wanna join WOWHAWK GAFw clan : ).

exarkun - exarkun - I go between CST and PST - Houston TX, or Massachusetts

I look forward to showing my 'hawking skills. heh

Setting you in the limbo list unless sullyj decides not to join the west clan. If he doesn't I'll bump you up into the last west spot.

Top Bottom