• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
Nightz said:
WARHAWK LAUNCH MOVED TO AUGUST 30

PlayStation have just issued the following announcement

“We have just received information that the next PS Store update, which will contain Warhawk, will be Thursday 30th August and not Tuesday 28th August as previously announced. As you know Thursday is the usual day for our PS Store refresh. We are sorry for any inconvenience that the extra 48 hours wait may cause.”

http://threespeech.com/blog/?p=571

There's your confirmation :)

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Ugh...well thats lame. As long as i have it for that weekend...i am planning a bit of a "swaraye" if you will.

kaching said:
I wouldn't regard that as screwing everyone else, nor do I think Sony would, since there's time delay between regions regardless of whether they set the same date, and it would only be a matter of a couple of days in this case. I just think they won't have it for download on Tuesday because SCEA is phobic to downloads outside of Thursdays. :p

Yeah the reasoning behind delaying it in Europe is due to the fact that their updates are on Thursday. So why wouldn't that reasoning be applied to everywhere else as well?

spwolf

Firewire said:
This has to be world wide. Sony isn't just gonna throw it up on the N.A. PSN, and screw everyone else over.

It'll be Thursday everywhere.

well Euro release has to be translated to several languages, so I wouldnt be suprised if thats what caused the delay... Why would everyone be screwed with 2 days delay (instead of usual 2 months) is beyond me...

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
537799142_3289c14b69_o.jpg

I love this picture

Less than a week guys until WOWHAWK WOWHAWK WOWHAWK WOWHAWK WOWHAWK WOWHAWK WOWHAWK WOWHAWK WOWHAWK WOWHAWK WOWHAWK WOWHAWK!

spwolf said:
well Euro release has to be translated to several languages, so I wouldnt be suprised if thats what caused the delay... Why would everyone be screwed with 2 days delay (instead of usual 2 months) is beyond me...

I seriously doubt that it has to do with the languages at this point. The game is done and they gave their reason. They wanted it to coincide with the usual Thursday release.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
TONX said:
*snip.jpg*
I love this picture

Less than a week guys until WOWHAWK WOWHAWK WOWHAWK WOWHAWK WOWHAWK WOWHAWK WOWHAWK WOWHAWK WOWHAWK WOWHAWK WOWHAWK WOWHAWK!

haha plus he has -3. :lol

S. L.

DoctorWho said:
I seriously doubt that it has to do with the languages at this point. The game is done and they gave their reason. They wanted it to coincide with the usual Thursday release.
yea it's probably due to logistical reasons

ex0du5

Banned
DoctorWho said:
There are only 8 left to preorder at Best Buy!

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10092439&catid=24374&test%5Fcookie=1#

Estimated delivery date with Ground is the 29th so I bit the bullet and preordered for that price.

EDIT:6!!

EDIT:3!!!! SNAKE SNAKE!!?

EDIT:1!!

EDIT:0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well, if you have a store close by this isn't much of a problem.

Haha that would have been epic. Glad I pre-ordered mine 2 hours ago :eek:.

I think this Thursday release is to give in to yet more pressure from retail. Seems like they're doing everything to make sure the retail version outsells the online version.

calder

I've had 2 ppl I know email and messenger me the BB Warhawk price already today. :D Game has a lot of buzz with all the PS3 owners I know outside of GAF, I think it's going to be a long-lasting solid hit a la Resistance.

Selfishly, the 48 hour wait helps me. I can pick up the boxed copy at Best Buy on Thursday and not be bothered my brother might have my PS3 until Wednesday. ;)

Since a lot of members are coming in now and dropping their PSN IDs without reading the rest of the thread:

GAFe and GAFw are currently full. GAFu is still in search of members. If you wish, you may leave your info in this thread in the hopes that someone from the current clans list drops out.

dralla

ah we broke the 1,000 post mark.

i put the clan roster spreadsheed in the OP, if you're looking to join i guess you'll just have to wait and see if people drop out.

4t72m8j.gif

J-Rzez

Man, i should've checked this thread again sooner... Well, if a spot opens, i'm EST timezoned...

edit:
4t72m8j.gif

why why didn't i try so hard to get into the beta :( ... Oh well, games out soon enough...

UnholySpectacle said:
Since a lot of members are coming in now and dropping their PSN IDs without reading the rest of the thread:

GAFe and GAFw are currently full. GAFu is still in search of members. If you wish, you may leave your info in this thread in the hopes that someone from the current clans list drops out.

It looks like I got onto the GAFe clan. I apologize for jumping in without knowing anything but was wondering if I could get some things cleared up:

what are (if any) responsibilities for being in the gaf clan? I've never been in a clan before.

my friends list is tiny on PS3 (I never got Resistence and only played some CAC online). Does Sony have a site like Xbox where I can send friend requests easy?

I didn't play the beta but I play alot of shooters on Live so I'm not a total noob. Any links to good tutorials/tips for the game?

Really looking forward to playing this!

robut said:
It looks like I got onto the GAFe clan. I apologize for jumping in without knowing anything but was wondering if I could get some things cleared up:

what are (if any) responsibilities for being in the gaf clan? I've never been in a clan before.

my friends list is tiny on PS3 (I never got Resistence and only played some CAC online). Does Sony have a site like Xbox where I can send friend requests easy?

I didn't play the beta but I play alot of shooters on Live so I'm not a total noob. Any links to good tutorials/tips for the game?

Really looking forward to playing this!

The only true requirements are that you have the game and want to play other GAF folk. We plan on having some East vs. West matches over the next couple weeks. Since WOWHAWK won't drop till the 30th on the PSN, the first meetup on that Thursday will be more of a casual skirmish since people will still be getting familiar with the maps and controls. The next official meetup will be for GAF honor....and blood. I'm sure we will have many more meetups inbetween showdowns though.

I'm sure the hardcore GAF players from all the clans will form an "elite" clan at some point, but that all depends on how many good players we have on these forums.:D

dionysus

Yaldog
Wait, I thought it was just delayed on PSN in Europe? Its delayed for America too?

Edit. I thought the only confirmation was from threespeech, which is the Euro blog.

dionysus said:
Wait, I thought it was just delayed on PSN in Europe? Its delayed for America too?

Edit. I thought the only confirmation was from threespeech, which is the Euro blog.

You are right, only Europe has been confirmed a day late. I have a feeling a US press release is not too far behind the EU announcement.

Safe Bet

Banned
I've got no problems with someone else starting up another clan for those left out.

I just don't want to lose half of GAFw in the process....

balliinn

Banned
cool. looks like i got into the EST group.

ATTN to whoever maintaining the spreadsheet, can you change my PSN name to JupiterUnleashed? and location is FLorida.

Thanks

ex0du5

Banned
Susurrus said:
Seriously? I thought that was one of the major arguments. Maybe I understood wrong...

It was a $60 multiplayer-only title with little content, a gimped PC version, and a required subscription to Windows Live Gold.

Warhawk is a $40 multiplayer-only title, with medium content, and a free subscription to PSN. And Warhawk's really all we've got for multiplayer anwyays :(.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
UnholySpectacle said:
Well, this makes things interesting. I still say we have the 10pm EST throwdown just for kicks on the 30th. Since I will have the game on Wednesday, I will send out the invites that night.

IIRC, in the beta you couldn't send out an invite to a person until they had logged into Warhawk at least once. It might be best if you wait till Friday.

kaching said:
I wouldn't regard that as screwing everyone else, nor do I think Sony would, since there's time delay between regions regardless of whether they set the same date, and it would only be a matter of a couple of days in this case. I just think they won't have it for download on Tuesday because SCEA is phobic to downloads outside of Thursdays. :p

I disagree. Yesterdays update updated the huge store banner with a Warhawk one that says "Coming Tuesday, August 28" and they've shown the ability/willingness to release DLC on days that aren't named Thursday before (RFoM Map Pack was released on a Friday).

DoctorWho said:
Yeah the reasoning behind delaying it in Europe is due to the fact that their updates are on Thursday. So why wouldn't that reasoning be applied to everywhere else as well?

They've updated the store on a Friday before and have a huge banner saying Aug 28 on the front page of the U.S. PS Store.

J-Rzez said:
Man, i should've checked this thread again sooner... Well, if a spot opens, i'm EST timezoned...

edit: http://i10.tinypic.com/4t72m8j.gif[img]

why why didn't i try so hard to get into the beta :( ... Oh well, games out soon enough...[/QUOTE]
[B]
Check the roster people.[/B] When the GAFe clan got full I placed all the people who I lacked timezone info in the GAFw clan. I can leave you in the GAFw clan or move you into the backup list to make room for the next person in line. PM me with your choice and PSN ID.

Still need timezone info from [B]sk3tch, Mifune, GeoramA, rubso, Thunderbear, and DemonSwordsman.[/B] Still need to know whether [B]DCharlie[/B] and [B]Dizzan[/B] would prefer West or Euro.

[QUOTE=ex0du5]Can I be set in a GAFe waiting list? I missed it :(.[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing your PSN ID is ex0du5?
[URL="http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pdQ8U3kw8xBdh_fnjRko6eQ"]
Clan Roster[/URL]
[URL="http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pdQ8U3kw8xBdh_fnjRko6eQ&gid=2"]Backup/Alt./Clan 3 List[/URL]

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Playstation Underground email sent out today still has Warhawk listed as being available online on Tuesday the 28th in the US.

FightyF

Banned
I read some of PSM's review and they make some good points. An online multiplayer only game SHOULD have bots. No ifs, ands or buts. It's like Q3A coming out with not bots, or UT2004 coming out with no bots.

Maybe people don't disagree with the review as much as they do the score. Maybe a 7.5 would have been more appropriate.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
gketter said:
I'm not sure. I counted up everyone in the GAFe & GAFw that were CST and there is about 15 people. It might be a way to free up some more clan spots for the two Full GAF clans. I'm in CST and i wouldn't really mind it, but the GAFw leader is CST :D The GAFc clan could also be used for the other US clan members that can't get into the GAFe & GAFw clans (if they become too full). But on the other hand i like being apart of a full clan :)

Edit: On the other hand, we could just create a GAF "other" clan for the spill over of US clan members
Well i guess we dont have any interest in a gaf central?
Whatever ill be a loner

spwolf

FightyF said:
I read some of PSM's review and they make some good points. An online multiplayer only game SHOULD have bots. No ifs, ands or buts. It's like Q3A coming out with not bots, or UT2004 coming out with no bots.

Maybe people don't disagree with the review as much as they do the score. Maybe a 7.5 would have been more appropriate.

Q3 bots were laughed at... seriously.

Did you actually play Wowhawk?

ex0du5

Banned
FightyF said:

Bots are ok in deathmatch games like Q3 or UT2k4...however I don't think they have any place at all in a team-based game. Ever go to a Counter-Strike server with bots in it? Hint: They're the ones that are always empty because people leave when they find out the players are bots.

dralla

Dylan said on the IGN podcast the graphics have been upgraded since the beta.

btw, I know you can customize your characters, is there any way to make a clan emblem?

WH recieves 90 in PSM3
http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-62157.aspx

"It's a masterpiece of balance, of design, and the Jewel in Sony's online crown. If you're looking for a multi-player game to justify PS3's online potential - or just crave honest fun - look no further."

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Killthee said:
I disagree. Yesterdays update updated the huge store banner with a Warhawk one that says "Coming Tuesday, August 28" and they've shown the ability/willingness to release DLC on days that aren't named Thursday before (RFoM Map Pack was released on a Friday).
My posts were half-joking. Obviously there have been exceptions and I truly would love for Sony to get off the Thursday-only kick, but that's been the way they've been scheduling things on PSN, 95% of the time in North America. With the slight delay to the Euro release, it just seemed too easy a target not to joke about it getting delayed to Thursday in NA too.

FightyF said:
An online multiplayer only game SHOULD have bots.
Paradox. It wouldn't be an online MP only game if it had bots.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
levious said:
Playstation Underground email sent out today still has Warhawk listed as being available online on Tuesday the 28th in the US.

Capture-5.jpg

And thats the end of that.

FightyF said:

Jobe said they couldn't do it in time for the release in the IGN Beyond Podcast last week. They were apparently having A.I. issues and weren't able to have the bots keep up with real players. He went on to say that once they realized that they couldn't do great bots they dropped them and chose to focus their development time on stuff they could do great instead of wasting time on crappy bots for the final version. He concluded his statement by stating that bots weren't planned for any future patches, but if people demanded them and if their was an opportunity to do them, they would.

Top Bottom