• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

User 406

Banned
pretty_chernovan_sailor_moon.jpg

sailormoon.jpg

Dear god, they somehow made it look WORSE.

Huggers

Anyone been having network problems with Warhawk last night and today. It keeps giving me error messages or if I do get into a game it only lasts a short time and then I get booted out due to network errors. Any ideas guys?

edit: Just went to the official Warhawk forums and apparently all the servers are down for unknown reasons

User 406

Banned
Jack Scofield said:
Come on, Manky, you wouldn't refuse that if it was offered to you. :D

You're dead wrong. If that... thing... was tied to my account, the very first thing I'd do every time I spawned would be to grab a wrench. It's just fuckin' embarrassing to look at.

I didn't even like the ceremonial knife, which is why I didn't persist in trying to get us into the bracket. :p I'll stick to Warhawk's normal utilitarian looking stuff, thanks.

mintylurb

The Hug Dog said:
Anyone been having network problems with Warhawk last night and today. It keeps giving me error messages or if I do get into a game it only lasts a short time and then I get booted out due to network errors. Any ideas guys?

edit: Just went to the official Warhawk forums and apparently all the servers are down for unknown reasons
Yup, Sony had a good run but looks like they're finally going third party. Bail out now!!

Played with the PSN guys tonight. It was pretty fun all around, nobody in particular beasting over other players - skill level seemed to be about hardcore enthusiast with day jobs levels.

I'll be back next Wednesday for more. :D

Jaeyden

* Warlord -- Create a clan and get nine other members to join. (Awarded at ten members while you are the clan leader.)

What the heck is this all about?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Jaeyden said:
* Warlord -- Create a clan and get nine other members to join. (Awarded at ten members while you are the clan leader.)

What the heck is this all about?
What seems to be the problem :)?

User 406

Banned
Yeah, that's a bad trophy, as is the one for joining a clan if it isn't awarded to people who are already in one. I think the intention was to promote community interaction, but since Warhawk has been out for a year, there's already a thriving set of well established clans, and this is just screwing with that. The Warlord trophy in particular is just going to encourage a lot of temporary clan invite screwing around, and frankly I wouldn't blame anyone who did. They're the only ones that logically can't be earned by everyone if earned as intended.

Ceb

A bit last minute for sure, but... anyone up for a GAF royal rumble circa three hours from now? Is carlos still away?

I'm trying to get back into the game, but I left with a higher rank then I can handle right now. I can't play on rookie servers because my level is too high, but I'm not having any fun on my current rank. Any way to reset my level/stats, but keep my current account? I'm willing to start from scratch if it means I don't have to die every three seconds.

Oh, I forgot, if anyone want's to add me my PSN is TKAwsome.
Nobody on my current friends list plays the game, and I could use so teammates.

Grayman

I played for the first time in months today and didn't dislike it as much as last time. I even had fun running over mooks with my 4x4.

slider

Love this game so much and the jetpacks look like a lot of fun.

I'm trying to up my playtime (gf permitting). I'm "hank_scorpio" on PSN and usually on for at least an hour or so from 21:00 GMT.

Cool.

stressboy

Just got the game last night and played a few DM matches, and damn this game is brutal. I crashed a warhawk at least a half dozen times before I figured out how to get it to fly.

PSN id: stressboy

stressboy said:
Just got the game last night and played a few DM matches, and damn this game is brutal. I crashed a warhawk at least a half dozen times before I figured out how to get it to fly.

PSN id: stressboy

Better to crash than to get shot down. :p

womfalcs3

Banned
Just as I think I meet the criteria for the warhawk recruiting ribbon, the server disconnects. I've spent ages trying to get that ribbon without sacrificing my KDR.

I have 3 ranking promotions that would be unlocked if I just get this ribbon. They're all waiting for it.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
I downloaded the game yesterday, and is there any general tips I should know of? I seem to lose almost every fight I get into. And what's the deal with so few of the game rooms allowing you to play with split screen?

ItsInMyVeins said:
I downloaded the game yesterday, and is there any general tips I should know of? I seem to lose almost every fight I get into.

Try filtering the rooms to play closer to your rank.

And what's the deal with so few of the game rooms allowing you to play with split screen?

Look for unranked player rooms. Ranked servers = NO SPLITSCREEN!

ItsInMyVeins said:
I downloaded the game yesterday, and is there any general tips I should know of? I seem to lose almost every fight I get into. And what's the deal with so few of the game rooms allowing you to play with split screen?

I would look for rooms that have a very small number of people in it, but require more to actually start the match. This puts the game in to pre-game mode, and you can basically dick around until enough people get into the match. It's great for practice and getting familiar with the map, and nothing really counts against you, so it's not frustrating when you die.

In addition to above advice, create a local game so you can get acquainted with the maps, weapon placements, and vehicular controls. Moreover, tutorial missions will be patched into the game by the end of August. Those should help you out.

Jaeyden

ItsInMyVeins said:

The patch and booster pack this week also includes tutorial/training I believe. Get it, you won't regret it.

User 406

Banned
The first option to the right of Quick Join is Community, select that and the leftmost option should be Profile. In there you can look at all your stats, rank, and awards.

If you don't want your early learning matches to count in your stats, stick to unranked servers. As mentioned before, unranked servers are also the only place you can play splitscreen. Starting off in Warhawk expect to die a LOT before you get the hang of things. Just take your lumps, watch what other people do, learn the weapons and vehicles and what works for you, and do what you can to contribute to your team. A good way to start is by taking enemy bases, it's good for your team, earns you points, and you'll have to do some fighting on the way.

Good luck!

ItsInMyVeins said:
Is there a way to see how much points you've got and when you'll rank up the next time?

You can also check online: warhawk.com > Leaderboards

I could totally rank up if only I could earn that stupid ass medal. Ah well, the customization options past my current rank all suck anyhow, so I'm not overly interested. :\

So apparently you'll be able to bail out of Warhawks now... even if you're the pilot. This is not good. This is not good.

I'm glad to finally get confirmation as to what can and can not lock onto jetpacks. Warhawks can't, while rocket launchers can. That's the way it should be. It does seem like it could be kind of annoying for pilots when trying to quickly take out a jetpacker... hopefully the lightning gun works well. It will be raining charred corpses. And I have a feeling it's going to quickly get annoying having all those little flying dudes constantly locking onto me with their RPGs, so I'm gonna want to punish them.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Trophies tomorrow IIRC! :D :D :D

This is also worth pointing out:

So here are some of the details: Operation: Fallen Star is being released on August 28th worldwide and is $7.99 in the Playstation Store. We also worked with SONY to get a new bundle pack ready too. The new Booster Combo Pack includes all 3 of the expansions for only $15.99. That’s like getting all 3 Booster-Packs for the price of only 2!!! Quick — deploy the wacky waiving inflatable arm-flailing tube men!!!

borsdy

Banned
The Take Out Bandit said:
This is also worth pointing out:
oh fuck off! i just bought the combo deal this month because i thought they would do the same thing as super stardust hd and only sell the 3rd addon separately at launch

is sony anal about this like ms when it comes to this sort of thing? fiddlesticks, i could have saved like 4 bux

borsdy said:
oh fuck off! i just bought the combo deal this month because i thought they would do the same thing as super stardust hd and only sell the 3rd addon separately at launch

is sony anal about this like ms when it comes to this sort of thing? fiddlesticks, i could have saved like 4 bux

You can still buy the third add-on seperately.

I just pointed that out for all the folks that still, for whatever insane reason, haven't purchased the previous expansions as well. :p

Top Bottom