• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

mintylurb

Pai Pai Master said:
Just accepted the clan invite, glad to join! When throughout the weekend are matches?
Hai Pai Pai!
0sm15.gif
0651.gif

I'm not really good at this game. Wanna be my warhawk buddy?

Hosting a dedicated 12P server now for Trophy whoring.

GAFsaf (or #GAF_saf) IIRC. SAF for SMALL AND FAST!

Lots of small 15 minute maps, one short dogfight, and lot of Hero / CTF stuff.

Give her a go guys.

Foil

If there's room in the GAF clan I'd like to join. Been playing this since it came out and yes I'm still stuck on getting that damn Warhawk Recruiting... It haunts me! :(

I have no idea what's going on with my mic right now so I can atleast hear people through the tv and act to any orders given. Waiting to pick up the Socom headset with Confrontation. I'm very good at absorbing bullets, blowing up in Warhawks, and defusing mines with my body. One word of advice. Never. NEVER jump into a Warhawk with me. You'll only ever make that mistake once. Trust me.

PSN ID = Foil

If you add me to your friends list please write that you're from GAF. I get random blank requests online while playing Warhawk but don't usually approve them since I have no idea who they are.

Tntnnbltn

Sea Manky said:
I'll keep monitoring the thread and invite anyone who wants in. Inactive players/invites will be deleted in favor of newcomers.
I would be interested in joining the GAF clan.

PSN ID: Tntnnbltn

slider

I'll keep an eye on this thread for get together timings.

As for 1.5 and Tau Crater... Hmm.

I've only played two rounds with the jetpack - Tau Crater and Island Outpost.

Jetpacks seem to have changed the gameplay significantly. But I'm not sure I like it (being the old fashioned type who doesn't embrace change I only had one short flight with a jetpack!). I obviously need to give it more time but in my 2nd round jeeps and tanks almost seemed redundant with absolutely everyone zipping around with their jetpacks. The beauty of WH, IMO, was the balance between the different vehicles and tactics you could employ as an inidvidual on-foot soldier. Jetpacks seem to have upset that balance a lot.

Like I said I obviously need to give it more time. But my immediate reaction was to either limit the amount of jetpacks that could be deployed per team or limit flight time in them. Or both!

Hopefully see some of you online soon.

User 406

Banned
ChryZ said:
They should rename Warhawk to Jetpack :p

That name is TAKEN! >:|

Sent clan invites to Queeg500, Foil, Tntnnbltn, and BeeDog. Cut synic and Cronoc to make room, as they haven't played in months.

I do check my PSN messages, but it's maybe once a day, I don't use it for instant messaging. I have notifications turned off because they block my minimap. I wish there was a way to separately set that option for friends signing on and messages, because I wouldn't mind getting the notifications for messages in game, but seeing people pop in and out constantly and blocking my minimap in critical situations is a no go. :/

And Queeg, I know about that trick, I just didn't use it that time. I don't even need a rubberband because my sticks are so worn from playing I can push them to the side and they don't recenter properly. :X

Trevelyan

Banned
Sea Manky said:

Sent clan invites to Queeg500, Foil, Tntnnbltn, and BeeDog. Cut synic and Cronoc to make room, as they haven't played in months.

I do check my PSN messages, but it's maybe once a day, I don't use it for instant messaging. I have notifications turned off because they block my minimap. I wish there was a way to separately set that option for friends signing on and messages, because I wouldn't mind getting the notifications for messages in game, but seeing people pop in and out constantly and blocking my minimap in critical situations is a no go. :/

And Queeg, I know about that trick, I just didn't use it that time. I don't even need a rubberband because my sticks are so worn from playing I can push them to the side and they don't recenter properly. :X
:lol :lol
Omg go buy a new controller. Oh yeah, I was comparing trophies with you the other day and I have 1 warhawk trophy you don't: dumbfire!!! hahah!! and then I see that you pretty much have about 30 I don't =( Bastard Manky.

User 406

Banned
Trevelyan said:
:lol :lol
Omg go buy a new controller. Oh yeah, I was comparing trophies with you the other day and I have 1 warhawk trophy you don't: dumbfire!!! hahah!! and then I see that you pretty much have about 30 I don't =( Bastard Manky.

Heh, I've actually got two spare controllers, but even though this one wigs out occasionally and I end up overcompensating, I haven't stopped using it. :X

Dumbfire, man, I can't ever seem to find a good situation to get that one. How did you do it?

mintylurb

Sea Manky said:
Yup, my controllers are like that as well. Anyway, since updating to 1.5, haven't bought the new booster pack yet, I'm noticing more screen tearing and the game just generally runs more choppy.

Jack Scofield said:
I joined your game, TToB, but no one else was in there except you (and you weren't even playing!) :p

Sorry, my first time hosting. For some stupid ass reason my DEDICATED RANKED options got turned off, but since it was my first time hosting I was like - well maybe the game knows better than I do.

Tried it again today, and for some fucking reason my initial options DEDICATED and RANKED get unchecked whenever I load a saved map layout! >:|

Okay, I've got another server back up and this time it's DEDICATED and RANKED for reals.

So if anybody wants games on the classic maps it's up. God damn it. Just let my PS3 energy hog run for eight hours for nothing. >:|

Queeg

Sea Manky said:

Cheers, And I've got 2 controllers here that do the same thing which I blame Super Stardust for killing :lol

Sea Manky said:
Haha, never mind, I just got Dumbfire. XD

How did you get it? I've got it but it was a total fluke. I got 'How did you do that?' by camping above the enemy base and dropping the bomb every time I saw someone heading for a warhawk. I was going to do the same for dumbfire but, like I said, I lucked out.

User 406

Banned
freethought said:
How did you get it? I've got it but it was a total fluke. I got 'How did you do that?' by camping above the enemy base and dropping the bomb every time I saw someone heading for a warhawk. I was going to do the same for dumbfire but, like I said, I lucked out.

I was on one of the FS maps, and I got into a really clumsy fight with another guy over a base. I drop in with my partially damaged warhawk to take it, he pops up and attacks me. I boost up into the air with my jetpack and start attacking him, he makes a run for my plane and gets in it. I play ring-around-the-rosy with the base pillar while he tries to strafe me, but he's staying really close to the ground while doing so. Then another one of my buddies shows up and grabs his attention. I jump into another nearby warhawk, get above them both, and just fire a couple dumb swarms down at him, bam, dumbfire trophy. :)

ChryZ: Warhawk is already the more awesome name, and as much as jetpacks rock warhawks are still > jetpacks. :p

I got my Dumbfire in a strange way. I was ''jousting'' with another Warhawk, IE we were a far distance apart and started flying straight at each other trying to acquire a homing lock, and I guess my trigger finger must have been itchy because when I released my homing missile (which killed him AND me), I somehow got Dumbfire. I must have been a millisecond away from having a lock.

Man, I've killed myself about 100 times that exact same way. I guess I just think it's too exciting to bother moving.

Yeah, I'm not too sure about jetpack yet.

Problem is it retains my normal aiming scheme but I don't like using invert on the ground, but I'm used to it in the air. >:|

Give me an option for Jetpack controls and it will be better.

God damn flying nuisances! GET OFF MY SKY-LAWN!

methane47

Ok.. played again today for the first time in FOREVER (thanks for not cutting me from the clan yet)

And ohh my god... this game is stilll SOO much fun.. I jumped into a game with Minty... I got scared at first because the game i jumped into he had like 30 kills.. and the next closest person had 9.. and I was just thinking OMG this dude has gotten THAT much Better HOLY CRAP...

But then the next map.. we were pretty much even with each other :D

But damn... it was a tonne of funn... And OMG hearing that little "cling" when you get a medal just.. feels SOO good.. I think I'm on the verge of becoming a trophy whore... anyways... playing it again today has made the descision for me... I'm gonna get the expansion..

I only have the original expansion... not the other two... Should i pay the 15 bucks for the package and get both? or should i not bother about one of the expansions?

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
methane47 said:
Ok.. played again today for the first time in FOREVER (thanks for not cutting me from the clan yet)

And ohh my god... this game is stilll SOO much fun.. I jumped into a game with Minty... I got scared at first because the game i jumped into he had like 30 kills.. and the next closest person had 9.. and I was just thinking OMG this dude has gotten THAT much Better HOLY CRAP...

But damn... it was a tonne of funn... And OMG hearing that little "cling" when you get a medal just.. feels SOO good.. I think I'm on the verge of becoming a trophy whore... anyways... playing it again today has made the descision for me... I'm gonna get the expansion..

I only have the original expansion... not the other two... Should i pay the 15 bucks for the package and get both? or should i not bother about one of the expansions?

I'm in the same boat. I'm hoping they release a Broken Mirror/Tau Crater bundle, I'm waiting for next Thursday to see. If not, I guess I'll get the triple pack. You can just not install Omega.

mintylurb

methane47 said:

Oh, you was on my team? No wonder some games were close.
03lag2.gif

Ahah, Ima just playing. Good to see you back, mang.

slider said:
I'll keep an eye on this thread for get together timings.

As for 1.5 and Tau Crater... Hmm.

I've only played two rounds with the jetpack - Tau Crater and Island Outpost.

Jetpacks seem to have changed the gameplay significantly. But I'm not sure I like it (being the old fashioned type who doesn't embrace change I only had one short flight with a jetpack!). I obviously need to give it more time but in my 2nd round jeeps and tanks almost seemed redundant with absolutely everyone zipping around with their jetpacks. The beauty of WH, IMO, was the balance between the different vehicles and tactics you could employ as an inidvidual on-foot soldier. Jetpacks seem to have upset that balance a lot.

Like I said I obviously need to give it more time. But my immediate reaction was to either limit the amount of jetpacks that could be deployed per team or limit flight time in them. Or both!

Hopefully see some of you online soon.

I gotta say, I totally agree with this post. Jetpacks are fun, but they've really shifted the emphasis away from Warhawks and all other vehicles. Unlike the vehicles in the other expansions, jetpacks seem more like revolution than a refinement to the gameplay, which is something I'm not quite comfortable with.

Perhaps I would enjoy it more if jetpack-equipped troops couldn't pilot/drive vehicles. That would make the decision of whether or not to grab one more important, because right now there are absolutely no disadvantages to wearing a jetpack. In fact, I would say that not having a jetpack becomes a major detriment when playing in the Fallen Star servers, in which case Incog might as well have players spawn with them equipped.

I double agree.

Jetpacks afford infrantry the ability to more ably target Warhawks now with say - RPG rounds. Overall it's a bit of a pain in the ass.

Perhaps they should have just opted for parachutes.

Then again, I've only played on Tau Crater which caters to jetpacks.

I should try some games on non-Tau stages and see how they stack up against non-Tau layouts?

ChryZ

Jaeyden said:
Destroyed capitol + Jetpacks = Whole new level. That's all I have to say.
No shit, it was my fav CTF stage before the pack ... but now I'm loving it even more. In-door jetpacked fights in sudden death mode is like the most awesome thing ever.

The jetpack speed up the whole game soooo much. Warhawk used to be a busy game, but now it's bat shit insane. At times I had to play a few non jetpack games to get me down a little.

icechai

Got to play this finally, the new jetpacks really don't do a whole lot for me. Getting them is a bit out of the way and its better to get your objective by grabbing the nearest Warhawk. What it's great for is in Hero Mode and CTF runs if you need to escape a vehicle fast or get up a mountain. But overall I'd rather get on a APC or Dropship game, more teamwork involved.

ChryZ

icechai said:
Got to play this finally, the new jetpacks really don't do a whole lot for me. Getting them is a bit out of the way and its better to get your objective by grabbing the nearest Warhawk. What it's great for is in Hero Mode and CTF runs if you need to escape a vehicle fast or get up a mountain. But overall I'd rather get on a APC or Dropship game, more teamwork involved.
I'd say it's fair to have a rambo accessory after the team work pushing flying lobster and the spawn mobile.

Varth

Someone care to explain the Marksman Medal and Sniper trophy to me?

It says
Marksman
Weapon Accuracy %: 25
Kills with Weapon: 50
With any Troop Weapon

Kills with Weapon: 5

Now, I have the rocket launcher well above that, and I usually get more than 5 kills with it each round, but it didn't unlock yet. Am I doin' it wrong? Does the stat refers to the total weapon accuracy? Do I have to do this with ALL the weapons?

As for sniper trophy:
Kill someone on a 750m distance.

I've killed people from as far as humanly possible (enemy head=pixel) but no cake. WTF? Is this broken or what?

Queeg

Varth said:
As for sniper trophy:

I've killed people from as far as humanly possible (enemy head=pixel) but no cake. WTF? Is this broken or what?
Not sure about the marksman to be honest. But the sniper trophy is doable. I got mine standing on my warhawk wing behind the center base on Badlands sniping all the way to the back of their base. Any vantage point I could find closer didn't work. The end to the incident was just as I killed someone the warhawk under my feet slipped off the side of the mountain and I fell to my death :)

slider

Jack Scofield said:
Perhaps I would enjoy it more if jetpack-equipped troops couldn't pilot/drive vehicles. That would make the decision of whether or not to grab one more important, because right now there are absolutely no disadvantages to wearing a jetpack. In fact, I would say that not having a jetpack becomes a major detriment when playing in the Fallen Star servers, in which case Incog might as well have players spawn with them equipped.

Great idea. Make it so Incog. I think I might head over to the official forums and chip in with my two cents.

EDIT: By the way, getting my one in a million trophy was the most satisfying gaming experience I've ever had. Especially as the douche had nailed me twice in a row.

Now for Uncharted platinum...

ChryZ said:
So I heard a few CAGs are uneasy after our last encounter. I've PM'd you this and for the official record:

I hope, the people here think likewise, if otherwise it's off.

We can play random clans at GB for pwnage :p
I think they are mostly uneasy due to how GGL went. I'll continue to talk to them.

BeeDog

Just checked out the GAF clan player profiles in the game, and stumbled upon Sea Manky's stats. Holy mother of gosh. o_O

Damn, can't lay off the game now, so much fun! nabbed a couple of trophies already, like One In A Million and "hit a jetpack-wearing mofo with a vehicle" and so on... it's great to finally see those minor but awesome things get their own "rewards".

I'm now hosting a ranked, dedicated server to grab that gold trophy, so am locked out from using my PS3. :p

BeeDog

Damn, it was so rewarding grabbing two silver trophies at once; I was standing on top of the crane on Tau Crater and I sniped down a jetpack-using motherfucker.

ChryZ

BeeDog said:
Damn, it was so rewarding grabbing two silver trophies at once; I was standing on top of the crane on Tau Crater and I sniped down a jetpack-using motherfucker.
LOL, I did the same thing. CTF and I was mildly annoyed by the other team so I randomly sniped into their base. It was like poking a bee hive. It took like 3 shots to get the trophy :lol

Ahh, Sea Manky, please add me back. I've been playing quite a bit, but I always play with my friend in Splitscreen and thus Unranked, so it doesn't update my Last Active date. I would like to get into some decent matches. I'll have to play more by myself to get my rank up.

Top Bottom