• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

You know what? Screw Incog for limiting higher ranked players to a measly amount of Expert CTF servers, only ONE of which doesn't require any expansions.

What a stupid move on their part.

User 406

Banned
So, how about setting up some get togethers? I still need to know more peoples' hosting capabilities, but we just had Tiduz join the clan and he can host 24. If he's willing, maybe we can pick a block of time on the weekend and try do have a regular game. We could also get several smaller servers together too if we needed.

I'm thinking that doing a Saturday 3pm EST gathering would be good, since that's the time we used to use which worked well for both US and Euro gaffers. Anyone who could play or host at that time, please post.

Checking out the Warhawk Wednesdays over at VGEvo sounds cool too, but I still can't get registered over there, I've emailed multiple admins and no response. Hopefully they're just gone for the weekend, but in the meantime, TToB, maybe you could act as our go-between.

And everyone in the clan who wants to get together more should post what days and times they'd prefer, when they could host regularly, and any suggestions at all.

TelemachusD, as soon as the Monday maintenance period is over, I'll send you a new invite.

slider

At the weekends I can make any reasonable hour. For info I'm GMT.

My connection will only host an 8 player game though.

BeeDog

If the apartment renovations are carried out, I will have to move the PS3 to my room again, and then I can plug the cable in. I have a 100/10 mbit connection, so I'd say it would be a good dedicated GAF server when needed.

Jaeyden

Pai Pai Master said:
This. Destroyed Capital and Archipelago were my two least favourite maps in the game. With jetpacks, they're by far the most fun to play.

Can't wait until we can get some Jetpacks injected into Omega Factory..THAT map was made for Jetpacks.

Also anyone getting back into the clan, just joining or that plays pretty regularly add me to your friends list. They never fixed the clan page bug, so the buddy list is really still the only accurate way of playing with fellow GAFfers.

icechai

Jaeyden said:
Can't wait until we can get some Jetpacks injected into Omega Factory..THAT map was made for Jetpacks.

Also anyone getting back into the clan, just joining or that plays pretty regularly add me to your friends list. They never fixed the clan page bug, so the buddy list is really still the only accurate way of playing with fellow GAFfers.

Sadly they never allowed expansion pack maps to work with each other, vaporfield with all the buildings would be great for jetpacks as well

Varth

Varth said:
As for sniper trophy:

I've killed people from as far as humanly possible (enemy head=pixel) but no cake. WTF? Is this broken or what?

Just got it. If anyone's interested: Land on the top of the mountain southwest of base 1 in island outpost, and snipe the core/flag placement in the northeastern base. The strange thing is that I tought I sniped people from an even longer distance. Bah. Go figure.

Also, thanks for the weird and wonderful people that helped me get the collector trophy. Didn't think I could ever get it :*

F-Pina

Hey guys! Back from Leipzig and hollidays too!
This weekend no can do, Red Bull Air Race is airborne right next to our offices!! whooo!

User 406

Banned
Whee!

So I get started on the Tau Crater map, and lose track of time^H^H^H^Hlife!

http://rapidshare.com/files/141954791/Warhawk_Maps_-_Tau_Crater.rar.html

Incognito got really sloppy this time, they didn't mess with the pickup placements hardly at all (which is why I finished so quickly), and there's even an error in the map/model. Even though the map is only mirrored vertically, the main bases are mirrored horizontally too. What's more, the map does not show the proper orientation of the Eucadian main base, so if you look at the back of the base, what you see in the game will not match what you see on the minimap. :p

TToB: I tried to register as Sea Manky, same as here. When I log in, my name does come up, it just says my account isn't confirmed yet.

Time for BED.

gcubed

i've actually been playing quite a lot the last few days... diving back into the game... its the first online non MMORPG game that can get me hooked for hours and hours online.

And lets just say that the rest of the world moved on while i was away... I sucked the first 2 days, and suck less now, but, still suck

Narcosis

Hey guys, if anyone can answer this question it'll be much appreciated. I'm playing warhawk and am trying to rank up. The next rank I am scheduled to hit I have the points requirement but I need the Bandit Air to Air award. Well, I achieved this Air to Air twice last night in ranked server games and yet even this morning they are not showing up in my profile and I am not ranking up because of it. Is there some glitch or is there a slow server side process with this?

Madman

This game is so fucking awesome. The jet packs have added a huge amount of just overall fun. And it only costs $46 total for the game and all expansions.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Any room in the GAF clan? And anyone up for getting the Air Fortress one? Whoever flies the dropship, never waits for people to get in and man the turrets in my experience.

I am having a hell of a time trying to get the Warlord and Rivalry trophy. Anyone want to work on it together or get some people so we can get these two elusive ones? Thanks.

And I have been trying for the past week to get the Flying Fortress trophy in regular games but everyone keeps shooting the dropship even when I'm trying to take them to capture the zones.....ugh.

Help please?

PSN = djblackice

Narcosis said:
Hey guys, if anyone can answer this question it'll be much appreciated. I'm playing warhawk and am trying to rank up. The next rank I am scheduled to hit I have the points requirement but I need the Bandit Air to Air award. Well, I achieved this Air to Air twice last night in ranked server games and yet even this morning they are not showing up in my profile and I am not ranking up because of it. Is there some glitch or is there a slow server side process with this?

Do you have the points as well?

I thought you needed both the points and the badge/medal to advance.

carlos

Hmmm...so hello again everyone; good to see the trophies have spurred interest in WH again...

To tell ya the truth, I'm a bit reluctant to start playing again after almost a month with no videogames or internet...it seems almost like a waste to get hooked again....

Oh well, sign me up if a gaf server is up on the weekends; I'll be on occasionally on weekday afternoons, I guess...

deepbrown

Good Gaf games Chryz and others. Was fun being the only Gaf on the other team in that CTF and completely dominating :D 4flags to 0 hehe. Fun fun.

Was weird...every team I was on dominated. I think it's because I always target the best players so they can't get their kills hehe :p

User 406

Banned
I was afraid I was pissing off the guy running the server with all those air strikes and TOWs. :X

But yeah, that was good fun, and the all talk was good for a lot of laughs. :D

Got my Cowboy trophy too!

The Take Out Bandit said:
www.vgevo.com > Interactive Distractions

Hosted games every Wednesday nights with VGEvo clan and PSN Nation podcast peoples.

Go register at www.vgevo.com if you want to chat about it, or just read the WW thread in the InDis message board there for details.

All are welcome!

Wow, this sounds awesome. I take it you don't have to be a member to participate, since they list the server password in that post? Also, are the games ranked?

ChryZ

deepbrown said:
Good Gaf games Chryz and others. Was fun being the only Gaf on the other team in that CTF and completely dominating :D 4flags to 0 hehe. Fun fun.

Was weird...every team I was on dominated. I think it's because I always target the best players so they can't get their kills hehe :p
You were on the 8th place at that CTF game and our team was a few people short most of the time :p

Good games never the less.

deepbrown

ChryZ said:
You were on the 8th place at that CTF game and our team was a few people short most of the time :p

Good games never the less.
Haha...I wasn't capturing flags I was protecting them as they took it to the base. I was ruling the skys and making it difficult for you lot. Plus whenever you had the flag I got it back. You don't have to get a lot of points to be important on the field. If there were points for KILLING the flag carrier, I'm sure I would have been first.

So ner:D

ChryZ

deepbrown said:
Haha...I wasn't capturing flags I was protecting them as they took it to the base. I was ruling the skys and making it difficult for you lot. Plus whenever you had the flag I got it back. You don't have to get a lot of points to be important on the field. If there were points for KILLING the flag carrier, I'm sure I would have been first.

So ner:D
I guess you're doing it wrong then ... one can play defense and still be in the top 3 :p

Ceb

:(

I don't feel as rusty in "classic" Warhawk matches as I do in the new jetpack-enhanced ones though. But yeah, that CTF was a bit frustrating but ultimately lots of fun. It felt like it was more even than the final score showed.

decon

Just got the game. There's two fight modes, pro and non pro. Should I go with the pro mode and get used to that? I'm really getting my ass kicked :(

User 406

Banned
Use pro flight. It's more like a real aircraft, and will therefore be more useful to you in other flight games. And the sheer joy of the acrobatics you can do is totally worth it.

ChryZ

Ceb said:
:(

I don't feel as rusty in "classic" Warhawk matches as I do in the new jetpack-enhanced ones though. But yeah, that CTF was a bit frustrating but ultimately lots of fun. It felt like it was more even than the final score showed.
No worries. We're just messing around, don't mind the smack talk. It was a good game and we applied quite a bit of pressure, maybe even too much at the front. Next time someone needs to guard the flag :lol

Ceb

Yeah, it's all good. :D And yes, the flag defense was definitely a bit lacking. I noticed a couple of the no-name players tended to pick up the mines before anyone else could. You have to be creative with the mine pickups on the Valley Battle layout since there are so many lightning rounds and TOWs to go around.

I gave up a shit-ton of WH kills by tank in that round, lol. "One in a million" trophies for everyone!

User 406

Banned
OH FUCK SHITBITCH

Since I suck at not dying, I've been practicing being a KDR whore for the last couple days in DM servers so I could take a shot at the Lone Wolf trophy (win a deatmatch without dying).

So I'm fucking around with a couple guys in a DM dogfight server pregame, it ends, AND I GET THE FUCKING TROPHY

THAT SHOULDN'T COUNT

I WANT A DO-OVER

<cries>

F-Pina

Don't cry :p

I still have a long road ahead with trophies, but i like to take my time and earn them playing just normally. I will probably get more greedy has fewer trophies remain, for now it all seams a long stretch :p

Sea Manky, i can never enter the servers you play on lately, they are always full :(
I found Jayden the other day and my ping on his servers was above 300, then i cried to.

User 406

Banned
Yeah, I have the same problem a lot. See some of you in games, try to join, full. :|

On that note, why don't we all try to get together this weekend in a GAF server or two? If a couple of the 24 player guys could host clan servers with GAF on both sides, randomized, we could get some good games in and maybe earn a few Rivalry trophies. Our usual Saturday 3pm EST/8pm GMT slot would be great.

Any hosting volunteers?

Ceb

I'll probably make this a quiet weekend at home, so I'm available for hosting. If we're predominantly US people though, I'm guessing you'd get a bit better ping rates from a local.

Top Bottom