• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

BeeDog

It would be awesome if we could get a game going some coming day (or later today!?). The trophies I'm missing are:

Lone Wolf (best Deathmatch player, 1st place with no deaths)
Cowboy (best TDM player, 1st place with no deaths)
the Dropship one (fill a full dropship)

(and some other ones like Rivalry and World Victory)

I'd love if people could help each other out with these trophies.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
BeeDog said:
It would be awesome if we could get a game going some coming day (or later today!?). The trophies I'm missing are:

Lone Wolf (best Deathmatch player, 1st place with no deaths)
Cowboy (best TDM player, 1st place with no deaths)
the Dropship one (fill a full dropship)

(and some other ones like Rivalry and World Victory)

I'd love if people could help each other out with these trophies.

Rivalry is probably gunna be the toughest... I'll probably help you a little later. I just really need the warlord trophy.

AndyD

aka andydumi
the_prime_mover said:
Ok, I will pass it along to Jack as he was the one that responded after my last post. And I will send you out an invite Molin.

Warlord List [copy and add name @ bottom, bold if current leader]:
icechai
BeeDog
the_prime_mover (PSN=Palantiri)
devildog820
jack scofield
johnFkennedy
msdstc

As far as trophy whoring goes, I am only missing Cowboy, Lone Wolf, and the Dropship one outside of rank specific. I tried playing a game of TDM and DM by myself (with one - two other controllers) but didn't manage to get the trophy. I have been playing a bit more DM lately but getting by as #1 with no deaths is definitely above my skill level. If we can get a game together with enough people to fill a drop ship that would be nice.

I removed my name, as I have already had the leadership. And those trophies are what I am missing as well. I dont understand the suggested strategy of joining a nearly empty game, you still have to come out on top... I would be up for a game to fill out a dropship, or a coupel of small TDM/DM.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
andydumi said:
I removed my name, as I have already had the leadership. And those trophies are what I am missing as well. I dont understand the suggested strategy of joining a nearly empty game, you still have to come out on top... I would be up for a game to fill out a dropship, or a coupel of small TDM/DM.

Ok I'll explain. I joined a game with literally 1 guy in it. It was 1/2 or 1/4, which there are plenty of. When I got in there were 30 seconds left and no score. I hopped in a warhawk and I jetted out and captured a zone which put me on top for the win. However if it's not working just set up a server and I can help you out real quick.

I am down for some games tonight if GAFT wants to get together. If everyone has had the leadership role at that point we could just cut GAFT into two clans of like 2 or 3 people each and then just go at it tonight that way. First we should set up an Omega Dawn match to help with the dropship trophy.

As for Lonewolf and Cowboy, I guess we will need to play a few rounds with only one other person and take turns getting killed. If you set it at 5 min rounds and 10 kills it won't take very long.

Let me know when people want to get together.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
the_prime_mover said:
I am down for some games tonight if GAFT wants to get together. If everyone has had the leadership role at that point we could just cut GAFT into two clans of like 2 or 3 people each and then just go at it tonight that way. First we should set up an Omega Dawn match to help with the dropship trophy.

As for Lonewolf and Cowboy, I guess we will need to play a few rounds with only one other person and take turns getting killed. If you set it at 5 min rounds and 10 kills it won't take very long.

Let me know when people want to get together.

Lonewolf and cowboy would be really easy. I need the expansions for I can get a nice chunk of those last ones, then after that it's all about badges and points, which I'll probably never get all of them considering you need 250,000 points for that final rank. It'd be nice to just knock this warlord trophy out of the way.

Sea Manky said:
Hey, JohnFKennedy, onadesertedisland, you guys still haven't replied to my request for roster info!

JFK: I need to know what boosters you have, what days and times you're generally available, and if you have a Gamebattles account.

onadesertedisland: I need to know which boosters you have and how many people you can host.

I have Omega Dawn and Falling star but i might pick up the APC one. I'm usually available on weeknights after 10pm central standard time. I do not have a gamebattle account.

AndyD

aka andydumi
msdstc said:
Ok I'll explain. I joined a game with literally 1 guy in it. It was 1/2 or 1/4, which there are plenty of. When I got in there were 30 seconds left and no score. I hopped in a warhawk and I jetted out and captured a zone which put me on top for the win. However if it's not working just set up a server and I can help you out real quick.

Ill try it out. But Id be up for some quick trophy whoring servers.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
andydumi said:
Ill try it out. But Id be up for some quick trophy whoring servers.

need it or no? I just got my little big planet beta so I have like a 10 minute window right now to help you out while I'm waiting:D

Okay, I invited johnFkennedy and msdstc to the clan since they expressed interest in it, but I'm not sure whom to transfer leadership. Who hasn't received the trophy yet?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Jack Scofield said:
Okay, I invited johnFkennedy and msdstc to the clan since they expressed interest in it, but I'm not sure whom to transfer leadership. Who hasn't received the trophy yet?

I have not.

edit- thanks for the invite to the trophy clan. I didn't know there were 2 separate. Could you possibly send me the leadership now, as I'm on right now, and on very frequently. So I could just transfer that back right after.

msdstc said:
I have not.

edit- thanks for the invite to the trophy clan. I didn't know there were 2 separate. Could you possibly send me the leadership now, as I'm on right now, and on very frequently. So I could just transfer that back right after.

Do'h, sorry about that. I must have gotten mixed up when I read your invite-request. I didn't realize it was for the main clan.

And don't worry about transferring leadership back to me. I'm not that active anymore.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Jack Scofield said:
Do'h, sorry about that. I must have gotten mixed up when I read your invite-request. I didn't realize it was for the main clan.

And don't worry about transferring leadership back to me. I'm not that active anymore.

No man this is actually what I needed to do anyways! Thanks very much... I'm glad to have warlord out of the way. I'm very active on warhawk right now, so whoever needs it next leave a message.

icechai

johnFkennedy said:
I have Omega Dawn and Falling star but i might pick up the APC one. I'm usually available on weeknights after 10pm central standard time. I do not have a gamebattle account.

Most of the ranked games I play are Omega Dawn / Broken Mirror games. I've played in very few Falling Star games. The APC makes the game take a whole new dynamic since each APC acts as a spawning point. I'd say out of all of them APCs do the best job at freshening up the game. Jetpacks are ok but makes flag caps a bit too easy, while dropships are fun (great on collector games) but ultimately not as exciting as APC. Bottom Line: You won't regret getting the APC expansion :p

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Alright I'm headin to bed in a few minutes, so if anybody needs leadership by tomorrow, just leave the message and I'll switch it up tomorrow.

icechai said:
Most of the ranked games I play are Omega Dawn / Broken Mirror games. I've played in very few Falling Star games. The APC makes the game take a whole new dynamic since each APC acts as a spawning point. I'd say out of all of them APCs do the best job at freshening up the game. Jetpacks are ok but makes flag caps a bit too easy, while dropships are fun (great on collector games) but ultimately not as exciting as APC. Bottom Line: You won't regret getting the APC expansion :p
Totally agree. APC's will generally break those 30 minute CTF stalemates, which suck because nobody wins.

Jtrizzy

Hey I just got all three expansion packs and was wondering when Gaf plays. I was in a clan here when the game came out, but was moving a lot and didn't have internet for much of the time. I'm settled in now and would love to play some, although I'm kind of re learning the game right now.

Gibb

Jack Scofield said:

Jack, that's what this list is for.. leader should pass leadership to member below his name, in that order =)

jack scofield
johnFkennedy
msdstc
Molin

Alidar

Neo Member
Gibb said:
Jack, that's what this list is for.. leader should pass leadership to member below his name, in that order =)

jack scofield
johnFkennedy
msdstc
Molin

I'd be interested in getting added to the leader rotation, if it's not too late. PSN is Alidar.

Edit: Nevermind about the rest; I just realized you can do local two-player to get most of them. I could still use the red server and the full dropship, though, along with the clan leader.

Gibb said:

jack scofield
johnFkennedy
msdstc
Molin

I saw that, but johnFkennedy and msdstc weren't in the clan yet, and Molin wasn't on the list posted earlier. So I asked if there was anyone already in the clan who needed the trophy.

Gibb

Jack Scofield said:
I saw that, but johnFkennedy and msdstc weren't in the clan yet, and Molin wasn't on the list posted earlier. So I asked if there was anyone already in the clan who needed the trophy.

hmm.. I see.. I thought the members on that list were already in the clan.

you could pass it to me (Molin), I still need it, or I'll just wait for the others to join and they can pass it to me.

updated list:

jack scofield
johnFkennedy
msdstc
Molin
Alidar

So Warhawk has started locking up on me. It only happens at the very beginning of a match or at the end of one. At the discrete moment when the level finishes loading or tries to switch to the clouds screen, it will lock up.

The lockups don't happen every time (three so far), but ugh!

Anyone else had any problems? I have a 60GB PS3 with plenty of HDD space.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
devildog820 said:
So Warhawk has started locking up on me. It only happens at the very beginning of a match or at the end of one. At the discrete moment when the level finishes loading or tries to switch to the clouds screen, it will lock up.

Hasn't happened to me, but sometimes when I quit out I get three beeps and a reset.

edit- by the way Molin, passed you the leadership

msdstc said:
Hasn't happened to me, but sometimes when I quit out I get three beeps and a reset.

edit- by the way Molin, passed you the leadership

That's a lock-up. Used to happen with the Orange Box all the time.

icechai

devildog820 said:

used to happen ALL THE TIME in the BETA, they got it so its a lot more infrequent now and I only get lockups like once every 20 hours of total playing time.

Gibb

Spy said:
Would someone mind adding me to the NeoGAF clan? I'd like to get the Warlord trophy.

Okidoki.. I'll send out an invite to GAFT (the GAF Trophy whoring clan)
Some people still need to accept the clan invite in order to become the leader :D

Updated Warlord List [bold if current leader]:
Molin (Gibb)
johnFkennedy <-- invited
msdstc <-- invited
Alidar <-- invited
Rexram (Spy) <-- invited when I get home

Gibb

I invited Spy and passed leadership to JFK.. the fate of GAFT is now in your hands John :D

Updated Warlord List [bold = current leader]:
JohnFkennedy
msdstc <-- invited
Alidar
Rexram (Spy) <-- invited

cryptic said:
Does anyone use motion control with the warhawks?

Any tips?

FUKKIN' PRO FLIGHT, RETARD! :mad:

Sea Manky: Haha funny lobby chatter after that one match, "Sea Manky got 42 kills?! I QUIT!" etc.

I don't know how you manage to do it, you freak.

d0g_bear

hi, Im looking to join the GAF warhawk clan

I sent a friend request to johnFkennedy, since it seems hes the Clan patriarch right now.

If he gets back to me, I'll see you tonight, GAF!

edit: obviously I use pro-flight. :lol

Gibb said:
I invited Spy and passed leadership to JFK.. the fate of GAFT is now in your hands John :D

Updated Warlord List [bold = current leader]:
Alidar
msdstc <-- invited
Rexram (Spy) <-- invited
d0g_bear<-- invited

The clan is in your hands now alidar.

d0g_bear

I pro-flight because I like flying upside down. I just find it visually interesting. This game looks by far the most impressive when you're in a warhawk, flying high and fast. I enjoy experimenting with that look and feel.

icechai

johnFkennedy said:
Also I don't use proflight as it makes me nauseous. Am I at a disadvantage?

yes, it is harder for you to turn and chase people or evade. With pro flight on you have more powerful turns by using the right analog, so it almost doubles your pitch/turn speeds without losing your weapon use from power sliding.

Top Bottom