• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Ceb

Thanks for playing, everyone. Despite various clobberings from both sides, I thought the teams were pretty even, although I probably should've had "randomize" set to on.

The Archipelago CTF was unusually frustrating. :( icechai was quite an effective guard in the middle base.

Some great games today, thanks Ceb. It was nice that another clan came in and played some of the games, though some of those guys were really good.

I thought I was pretty good at this game, but after playing with you guys it is obvious that the Official servers don't teach jack. It is definitely nicer playing with team damage on (so long as no one on your team is gunning for you).

slider

Good stuff today fellas. Enjoyed it a lot. Apart from one game of CTF where everything went to shit. Can't even explain it. Couldn't even hold on to the bases. Ugh.

Arkestra, don't know why but I got an awful lot of teamkills on you. Sorry dude. I couldn't even apologise as my BT headset is still refusing to work.

EDIT: Cheers for hosting Ceb!

yeah, the headset issues are a real pain.

I definitely made some really dirty team kills and I apologize to everyone, especially Sea_Manky who was doing a well enough job killing a core carrier via WH when I came along in a tank and shot wide :( . . . I actually think it was about there that the other team got all 4 cores and scored 10 points.

slider

the_prime_mover said:
I definitely made some really dirty team kills and I apologize to everyone, especially Sea_Manky who was doing a well enough job killing a core carrier via WH when I came along in a tank and shot wide :( . . . I actually think it was about there that the other team got all 4 cores and scored 10 points.

:lol

I try to keep things like that under my hat... :(

User 406

Banned
Yeah, some good fun, sorry I had to bail without warning on that dogfight, my in-laws came over unexpectedly. :p

That Kodou_WH guy seemed to have a hard on for me. :X

Ceb

slider said:
Arkestra, don't know why but I got an awful lot of teamkills on you. Sorry dude. I couldn't even apologise as my BT headset is still refusing to work.

EDIT: Cheers for hosting Ceb!

No worries, dude. The vast majority of TKs on me from people were because I did a lot of rushing in without scoping out the situation properly. Not a good idea for a trooper to run up to an enemy tank that's being fired upon by two allies with the .50 caliber. :lol

slider

Ceb = Arkestra. Arkestra = Ceb. Gotcha although I should've really known that.

I thought Kodou_WH was a maniac. He TK'ed me a couple of times but still came out with a decent score.

I think you should make it personal Sea_Manky. Two men enter. One man leave.

Hopefully do it again soon. I will not let LBP or Wipeout make me betray WH.

Cheers.

Huggers

Cheers for the add and hosting Ceb. I could only play a couple of games, one of which was CTF on Arhipelago and I got absolutely slaughtered. Desptie my best efforts we were over run. I got teamkilled on several occasions but innadvertantly dished out a few of my own so apologies to anyone I shot with my haywire tank aiming. And as said above, I thought I was decent on this game, some of the people playing tonight were infintely superior. Still I had fun

icechai

Nice games guys & thanks for hosting, its so different playing with people who know the ins and outs of the game. I saw some awesome use of .50 calibre by everyone, and the intensity just never let up! **Ceb you ignored my friend request for ages :(.

I only joined you guys for 2 1/2 rounds but it was pretty awesome playing with a whole buncha GAFers and others. Teams were relatively even I think, when I joined the collection game it was so close, then Archipelago came along and you guys just had bad luck and couldn't regain momentum (GAFers, Kodou and some others vs some French clan & me). Next was Dogfight Badlands and it was GAFers vs Kodou and freehtought I think :p.

Sea Manky said:
Yeah, some good fun, sorry I had to bail without warning on that dogfight, my in-laws came over unexpectedly. :p

That Kodou_WH guy seemed to have a hard on for me. :X

First couple 30 seconds of dogfight Badlands I nailed him with a nuke >:). Then Warhawk froze on me halfway through that game with us doing well, and I went back to Wipeout (luckily if that game freezes its only when you start :p).

Ceb

icechai said:
**Ceb you ignored my friend request for ages :(.

I've had some weird issues with PSN friend requests, where after I've accepted them the messages just disappear and the person doesn't show up on my list. I'll try adding you next time I sign on.

AndyD

aka andydumi
You guys played today? Bah... I missed it.

Any chance of transferring that leaderhsip this way, ill send it to the next person right away. Just PM me...

carlos

Sad to see I missed some good games; I needed something to take my mind off the troubled US economy :/

Warhawk wednesdays, people! I'd hate to have to wait till the weekend to play with you guys :)

andydumi said:
You have it. Its a snap.

Thanks for the heads up.

devildog820 said:
I also need it and will pass it to the next person in the list when I get it.

and . . . to you.

So this is what a whore feels like.

Is there anyone else in the clan that needs it? We should try to do one more GAF vs GAFT match up. I didn't play in any games where GAFT won anything so I didn't get the Rivalry trophy, but if everyone else did, or if it is too much hassle then no problems.

F-Pina

Hey guys.
Been a little out of Warhawk. What's up with this passing the leadership thing? Is it one of those american male bonding habits? :p

the_prime_mover said:
Thanks for the heads up.

and . . . to you.

So this is what a whore feels like.

Is there anyone else in the clan that needs it? We should try to do one more GAF vs GAFT match up. I didn't play in any games where GAFT won anything so I didn't get the Rivalry trophy, but if everyone else did, or if it is too much hassle then no problems.

Palantiri now has the leadership

slider

F-Pina said:
Hey guys.
Been a little out of Warhawk. What's up with this passing the leadership thing? Is it one of those american male bonding habits? :p

It's to get a trophy. Those reprobates in the GAFT clan are passing leadership around to score the Warlord(?) trophy. Ugh.

devildog820 said:
If you log out and log back in it should be updated. I got the trophy and immediately passed it on.

That seems to be the way of it. I thought you would pass it on to someone who didn't have the trophy. Is there anyone else that needs the Warlord trophy. Let me know and I will pass leadership on.

the_prime_mover said:
That seems to be the way of it. I thought you would pass it on to someone who didn't have the trophy. Is there anyone else that needs the Warlord trophy. Let me know and I will pass leadership on.

Thanks for the invite, I'm in the clan now. I wouldn't mind taking over the leadership if no one else is in line for it. :)

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Thanks for the invite guys!:D I'm in the clan now. I'll be online a lot if anybody ever sees just hop in the game I'm in. I play a lot of quick join games, as I'm just warming up to the game. Do you guys help out with getting trophies? There are 3 you could possibly help me with. If you are against that, that's cool it'd just be nice to grab these trophies. Once I have these 3 it's all cumulative ones, and then ones that I need the expansion with, which I should be getting within the next week.

anyways I need help on

-Rivalry- No clan, except now I'm in this one:D

- Cowboy- This one is so hard. I got lone wolf by luck, but winning a TDM being number 1 no deaths is a pain in the ass.

edit- NVM just found a loophole in Cowboy:D. Only these 2 left I need help with right now, if it's possible:D

the_prime_mover said:

I could use the trophy :)

icechai

msdstc said:
Thanks for the invite guys!:D I'm in the clan now. I'll be online a lot if anybody ever sees just hop in the game I'm in. I play a lot of quick join games, as I'm just warming up to the game. Do you guys help out with getting trophies? There are 3 you could possibly help me with. If you are against that, that's cool it'd just be nice to grab these trophies. Once I have these 3 it's all cumulative ones, and then ones that I need the expansion with, which I should be getting within the next week.

anyways I need help on

-Rivalry- No clan, except now I'm in this one:D

- Cowboy- This one is so hard. I got lone wolf by luck, but winning a TDM being number 1 no deaths is a pain in the ass.

edit- NVM just found a loophole in Cowboy:D. Only these 2 left I need help with right now, if it's possible:D

did you use split screen 3 way or something? :p

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
icechai said:
did you use split screen 3 way or something? :p

I did not. I joined a game it was a TDM with max 2 people. 1 guy was in there already with 15 seconds left, so I just boosted off and captured a random area. It gave me the lead and I got the trophy:lol

BeeDog

Is it possible to get Cowboy or Lone Wolf by yourself? Otherwise I'd need some help with it. I figure I could start an online server and use my 3 controllers to do it, but I have no possibility of testing it now. Anyone have any idea?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
BeeDog said:
Is it possible to get Cowboy or Lone Wolf by yourself? Otherwise I'd need some help with it.

For Lone Wolf, set up your own server, do a split screen with a second controller and go to town. Cowboy however I posted a method above.

edit- you can't do cowboy with split screen...

BeeDog

Thanks. I swear I tried getting the Lone Wolf trophy alone in splitscreen, but didn't work. Will try again when I come home then.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
BeeDog said:
Thanks. I swear I tried getting the Lone Wolf trophy alone in splitscreen, but didn't work. Will try again when I come home then.

hmm that's weird. It worked for me. What I did was set it to 10 points, and then I just killed my guy 10 times.

edit- you have to use controller 1.

Gibb

the_prime_mover said:

First I would need a GAFT invite I guess :D
Could you pass leadership after invite?

PSN= Molin

Also: maybe a list is in order here to pass along the Warlord trophy, that way we can see who is up next in the list and who is current leader (in bold?).

Warlord List [copy and add name @ bottom, bold if current leader]:
icechai
BeeDog
icechai
andydumi
the_prime_mover (PSN=Palantiri)
devildog820
jack scofield
johnFkennedy
msdstc

User 406

Banned
Hey, JohnFKennedy, onadesertedisland, you guys still haven't replied to my request for roster info!

JFK: I need to know what boosters you have, what days and times you're generally available, and if you have a Gamebattles account.

onadesertedisland: I need to know which boosters you have and how many people you can host.

Gibb said:
First I would need a GAFT invite I guess :D
Could you pass leadership after invite?

PSN= Molin

Also: maybe a list is in order here to pass along the Warlord trophy, that way we can see who is up next in the list and who is current leader (in bold?).

Ok, I will pass it along to Jack as he was the one that responded after my last post. And I will send you out an invite Molin.

icechai
BeeDog
andydumi
devildog820
jack scofield
johnFkennedy
msdstc

As far as trophy whoring goes, I am only missing Cowboy, Lone Wolf, and the Dropship one outside of rank specific. I tried playing a game of TDM and DM by myself (with one - two other controllers) but didn't manage to get the trophy. I have been playing a bit more DM lately but getting by as #1 with no deaths is definitely above my skill level. If we can get a game together with enough people to fill a drop ship that would be nice.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
the_prime_mover said:
Ok, I will pass it along to Jack as he was the one that responded after my last post. And I will send you out an invite Molin.

icechai
BeeDog
andydumi
devildog820
jack scofield
johnFkennedy
msdstc

As far as trophy whoring goes, I am only missing Cowboy, Lone Wolf, and the Dropship one outside of rank specific. I tried playing a game of TDM and DM by myself (with one - two other controllers) but didn't manage to get the trophy. I have been playing a bit more DM lately but getting by as #1 with no deaths is definitely above my skill level. If we can get a game together with enough people to fill a drop ship that would be nice.

Cool I'm gettin close on that list:D. For cowboy follow my technique above. Find a game with little to no people with just a minute left and just grab a zone or something like that.

Gibb

the_prime_mover said:

Thx, I'm in.. added myself to the Warlord list:

icechai
BeeDog
andydumi
devildog820
jack scofield
johnFkennedy
msdstc
Molin

Top Bottom