• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

RyuHayate

I just played the full version for about 3 hours and it's everything I've ever wanted in a shooter. It's damn near perfect.

Incognito, I salute you.

User 406

Banned
borsdy said:
Why is it that when I host ranked games I unlcok all these badges that I already have and my rank insignia is this triangle thing, flat side up? I do not remember what the lower ranks looked like.

I am trying to get the medal for 50 combat points iar, I was close today at 48pts but I am unsure that I'll get the medal under these circumstances...

edit: rooks just rike this http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/43/Warhawkscreenshot.jpg

That's a glitch where the game thinks you're a Recruit, which is why you keep earning low level badges. Don't worry, your actual rank and awards are still intact, and your stats should still be recorded, but the dates on your bandit badges will be screwed up. Happens to everyone from time to time.

And yeah, when it's happening, you won't get the higher level medals because it won't think you have the global requirements.

Welcome to the party, RyuHayate! :D

Tntnnbltn

Today I was playing CTF on Island Outpost when a dropship picks up my jeep and plonks me down in a random location where I didn't want to be. Not only that, but when they released me my jeep was submerged into the ground. Couldn't drive the damn thing anywhere.

I got out and threw a grenade at it, which bucked the back two wheels out. Got back in and drove around for the hell of it. Couldn't steer the thing at all, but it must've looked quite a sight with the front two wheels still underground.

Note to Server Admins: Please name your rooms "Do not TOW (your PSN ID)'s face off, or I will kick you because I'm a gigantic pussy" so I know not to join your games. :lol

Not to say I'm amazing, but rather - I wasn't even the General in the room and I was melting faces off and got booted for SUPERIOR FLAG DEFENSE. Can't I just be a middle rank guy that likes to shoot things, but nobody wants to iFellate me because of my rank? :mad:

womfalcs3

Banned
Damn.... I was looking at the top 10 on the leaderboard, and one person has played the game for nearly 4,100 hours.

That's ~166 days. Just thinking about it in my head... that's about 30% of the time since the game's release.

womfalcs3 said:
Damn.... I was looking at the top 10 on the leaderboard, and one person has played the game for nearly 4,100 hours.

That's ~166 days. Just thinking about it in my head... that's about 30% of the time since the game's release.

And I thought Sea Manky was crazy. . . :O

borsdy

Banned
Urgh, I need 400 more captures and 550 neutralizes in zones to get the Zones Offense medal! I am going to guess assists don't count neither... I hate this gametype and I am forcing myself to play it for 50 more hours, Warhawk has my soul.

User 406

Banned
womfalcs3 said:

That's MrPips, he runs a player ranked server nearly every day, and lets it run when he's at work or doing other stuff. So he hasn't actually played that much, although he does play a lot. :)

borsdy: Assists (taking a base with friends) does count. As long as you're standing there when the bar crosses the line, you get credit for it. Also, base captures in other modes might count towards the total. Other people have reported getting the Zone Offense medal in other modes.

borsdy

Banned
Sea Manky said:
borsdy: Assists (taking a base with friends) does count. As long as you're standing there when the bar crosses the line, you get credit for it.
That is a relief, I only need 200 neutralizes then :) Thank you for all the infoz.

icechai

umm, wtf is up with the ranked Flying CTF games? I mean, thanks for letting me get medals/points easily, but its just not as fun when it's so easy for whichever team is dominating in the air to get 10 caps.

Now its time to switch to ground vehicles to get those medals/badges :) This is going to be such a change of pace heheh

dwin45

icechai said:
umm, wtf is up with the ranked Flying CTF games? I mean, thanks for letting me get medals/points easily, but its just not as fun when it's so easy for whichever team is dominating in the air to get 10 caps.

Now its time to switch to ground vehicles to get those medals/badges :) This is going to be such a change of pace heheh
I'm new to the game. What exactly do you mean by flying CTF games?

dwin45

Ah, I was wondering why in some games I can fly while carrying the flag. How do you distinguish which games are which in the lobby? Is it the ones that say FCTF instead of CTF?

Dre

dwin45 said:
Ah, I was wondering why in some games I can fly while carrying the flag. How do you distinguish which games are which in the lobby? Is it the ones that say FCTF instead of CTF?

Yes, those are the ones.

JoelF15

Neo Member
Ah, does anyone think Incog/Sony will fix the major bugs? Especially the horrible voice communication. Ex: Notification coming up way after person has stopped talking or it doesn't come up at all.

Tntnnbltn

Okay so recently I've been playing Collection instead of my usual CTF...

Goddamn people are annoying. If I'm standing at the base holding two cores, and you come running up with a third, don't run straight past me and dunk it in the collector! Argh! Makes me want to throw the controller.

Oh, and today I played against someone whose PSN name was "Dont_TOW_Me_". :D

slider

Tntnnbltn said:
Okay so recently I've been playing Collection instead of my usual CTF...

Goddamn people are annoying. If I'm standing at the base holding two cores, and you come running up with a third, don't run straight past me and dunk it in the collector! Argh! Makes me want to throw the controller.

Oh, and today I played against someone whose PSN name was "Dont_TOW_Me_". :D

I saw you on last night infact. But Collection, as good as it can be, isn't my favourite. I think it feels a little unstructured at times and (depending on who you're playing with) doesn't need much team co-ordination.

Haven't been around much recently but hopefully we can get some Gaffers on soon for some team action.

Still need to sign up to Gamebattles though...

slider

Nah I saw you were in a Collection match so I snuck off and hid in a Zones match. Haven't played in a while and I got owned too. :|

jorma

is now taking requests
Ok, so i have been trying the warhawk beta for like 5 hours today, it's really addicting, even though i pretty much suck at this genre. Might have to go for the whole game :X

One question: when i hitch a ride in a jeep, people seem to be really offended very often! They often swich vehicles when that happens. And it happened twice that the dude in the driverseat rather drove off the fucking cliff than hung out with me. And one of them i'm sure was no accident, he backed off the bridge, turned left and just dived in. I managed to jump off first though :) Dunno if that's normal or if i smell really bad or something :X

Me, i'm happy when someone jumps aboard and mans the machinegun.

slider

:lol

That's crazy. I've experienced myself a little - I swear it's like people are maybe embarrassed/secretive(?) about their activities and hence wanna go all lone wolf.

Crazy.

Oh, and make sure you get the whole game. I'm still giving this a regular seeing to. Even with recent pick-ups of Gears 2, LBP, MS2 and Dead Space.

Server: Don't_want_no_scrubs

Small maps and fast games.

Got sick of dickheads disconnecting their servers.

Unranked for local multiplayer.

I apologize in advance if my connection is rubbish.

carlos

Jorma, check out your local walmart if you're interested in buying warhawk, I saw it there for $30 a couple of days ago (including the headset) if you don't need one, you can get it from $20-25 from someone in the buy/sell thread here on GAF.

I was tempted to get a second copy so my brother and I could play on ranked servers...but I'm gonna hold off, since I still have hope that Incog will eventually allow for split screen on ranked server....

Oh, and yes, I FINALLY got a new sixaxis, so go easy on me if you see me around, its been almost 2 months since I played regularly :(

I'm going to try hooking up a ps2 dualshock via usb and see if it works, to see if I can spare the sixaxis some pain...

edit: Sweden eh?, lovely country....so yeah, downloadable is just as good, even better perhaps, since if the ps3's laser dies (knock on wood) you could still play it off the hard drive....

jorma

is now taking requests
carlos said:
Jorma, check out your local walmart if you're interested in buying warhawk, I saw it there for $30 a couple of days ago (including the headset) if you don't need one, you can get it from $20-25 from someone in the buy/sell thread here on GAF.

Thanks for the tip, but no Walmarts in Sweden i'm afraid...:p

I'll probably download this one so that I don't need a disc...

dwin45

Is there any way that you can quickly cycle through your weapons without using the directional pad? It's so hard to quickly switch the the knife when you've got some guy chasing you down.

dwin45 said:
Is there any way that you can quickly cycle through your weapons without using the directional pad? It's so hard to quickly switch the the knife when you've got some guy chasing you down.
I don't think there is any other way than d-pad.

Anyhow......we're a clan right? So, um, how about clan wars? :p

Tntnnbltn

I have come to the realisation that Warhawk is bound to be the catalyst of me failing my exams.

Here's how it works:
- I decide to take a break from study to play 1 match of Warhawk
- I join a match half way through, but that doesn't count because it wasn't a full game
- I play a second match, but my team loses in one of those completely dominated ways which isn't fun
- I play a third match to make up for the shitty second one, etc etc
- I finally decide to quit, but then see that the next map on the rotation is one of my favourites...

Next thing I know it's 3 hours later and I haven't done any work.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Tntnnbltn said:
I have come to the realisation that Warhawk is bound to be the catalyst of me failing my exams.

Here's how it works:
- I decide to take a break from study to play 1 match of Warhawk
- I join a match half way through, but that doesn't count because it wasn't a full game
- I play a second match, but my team loses in one of those completely dominated ways which isn't fun
- I play a third match to make up for the shitty second one, etc etc
- I finally decide to quit, but then see that the next map on the rotation is one of my favourites...

Next thing I know it's 3 hours later and I haven't done any work.

Agreed. Wowhawk if NOT the type of game you can pick up and play for 30 minutes at a time. But that's what makes it so damn fun. So many times I've checked the time after a session and seen that I've been sitting there for four hours.

played this last night

I hadn't played in a while

gee, i love this game

it seems like a lot of people aren't playing any more?

I did the quick join, and it was only CTF games, is that for people who have the demo?

Tntnnbltn

djtortilla said:
I did the quick join, and it was only CTF games, is that for people who have the demo?
Demos run on a completely different server. We can't see their rooms and vice versa.

Sure you didn't have your filter set to CTF? :p

Tntnnbltn

Played some no kill Zones last night. It was a nice change from usual play, although I wouldn't be able to play it too regularly.

Worst part was when idiots came in killing people (be it intentionally or unintentionally). Soo hard not to get pissed off and fight back.

borsdy

Banned
What is this 'no kill' stuff you speak of? Point boosting/stat padding? I've been invited a couple times before but I always backed out fearing my stats would get wiped... How do people do it so often without getting caught?

Tntnnbltn

borsdy said:
What is this 'no kill' stuff you speak of? Point boosting/stat padding? I've been invited a couple times before but I always backed out fearing my stats would get wiped... How do people do it so often without getting caught?
It's not point boosting (well at least that's not what I consider it to be). It's competitive zones match, except there's no fighting. It's based more on zone capturing tactics and working with other team members. I play it every now and again when I'm sick of being owned all the time.

That being said, you do get massive points simply because there's so much turnover with zone ownership.

Edit: Google search says it's considered stat padding, and people have had their stats wiped. I guess it depends or not if the game is ranked; I hope my regular room is unranked, as I do enjoy the gameplay once in a while. Although I'm not too worried about my stats either way.

Edit2: Just went off and made my own unranked no kills zones game to play. :p

jorma

is now taking requests
So i had a blast with the demo and finally bought the game yesterday. Played 3 games and advanced about 250.000 spots on the rankings. I feel i wont be repeating that 'achievement' anytime soon :p

I wish they had produced that demo earlier. It's mad fun, even though i'm not really any good at it.

Now i have to find a faq on the different modes and how to play them.

slider

jorma said:
So i had a blast with the demo and finally bought the game yesterday. Played 3 games and advanced about 250.000 spots on the rankings. I feel i wont be repeating that 'achievement' anytime soon :p

I wish they had produced that demo earlier. It's mad fun, even though i'm not really any good at it.

Now i have to find a faq on the different modes and how to play them.

Check the OP (although it's a little out of date I'd imagine).

There's also a very useful guide on the official boards here.

Let us know how you get on. My favourite game by far this gen.

User 406

Banned
I've done a big roster update, with some heavy pruning of people with missing info, as well as removing those who left the clan for the trophy squad. But don't panic! I've saved everyone's data, and I'll invite back anyone who asks, but only after I get their missing roster info (if any). :p So if you're currently out and you want back in, just let me know and I'll tell you what I need from you.

Here's the current list:

Code:
Active		PSN Name		GAF Name		Host	Email?	T-Zone	Packs	GB Name			Available

10/16/08	Jaeyden			Jaeyden			8	Yes	MST	OBF	Jaeyden			Mostly WE, flexible WD
10/01/08	Trevelyan		Trevelyan		8	Yes	EST	OBF	Trevelyan		3pm Sat ok, almost anytime
09/13/08	Jazar			Oni Jazar		20	Yes	EST	OBF	Jazar			random, mostly WE
11/24/08	icechai			icechai			20	Yes	EST	OBF	icechai			F-S >1a EST, possible WE daytime
11/14/08	ChryZ-US		ChryZ			4	No	GMT+1	OBF	ChryZ			WD 7p-11p GMT, WE 12p-5a GMT
11/25/08	Cacophony		onadesertedisland	16	Yes	CST	O	onadesertedisland	>8pm CST
10/13/08	shagg_187		shagg_187		12	Yes	EST	OBF	-			Anytime
11/24/08	Sea_Manky		Sea Manky		8	Yes	EST	OBF	Sea_Manky		Almost anytime
08/29/08	Escalation		Escalation		20	Yes	PST	OBF	Escalation		WE
09/19/08	JupiterUnleashed	so_awes			12	Yes	EST	OF	-			8p-9p
09/18/08	Foil			Foil			12	No	EST	-	-			Irregular
09/02/08	Tiduz			Tiduz			24	Yes	CET	OBF	-			Irregular
11/21/08	carlos			carlos			2	Yes	EST	O	gafcarlos		Anytime
11/23/08	hank_scorpio		slider			8	Yes	GMT	OBF	-			9pm-10pm GMT some WD, some WE
10/25/08	F-Pina			F-Pina			4	Yes	GMT	OBF	Pina			WE
11/12/08	cjdunn			cjdunn			0	Yes	EST	OBF	-			Wednesdays 7p-12a EST
10/15/08	Queeg500		Queeg			8	Yes	GMT+10	OBF	-			Random
09/28/08	Huggers			The Hug Dog		4	Yes	GMT	OBF	-			Irregular
11/10/08	CaliChronz		InterMoniker		20	Yes	PST	O	-			WD evenings, WE early morning/late afternoon
11/24/08	Tntnnbltn		Tntnnbltn		12	Yes	GMT+8	OBF	-			>6p
09/15/08	pancakesandsx		pancakesandsex		20	Yes	EST	OB	pancakesandsex		Su 3p-5p EST
09/22/08	Nohne			kazenone		8	Yes	GMT	OBF	Nohne			>5p GMT
11/05/08	womfalcs3		womfalcs3		8	Yes	EDT	-	-			WD irregular, WE 11a-1p, irregular afternoons, can't host
11/16/08	TelemachusD		TelemachusD		24	Yes	EST	OBF	-			Anytime with a couple days notice, except after 2a
09/23/08	solbad			sol_bad			8	Yes	GMT+10	OBF	-			WD >5p
11/24/08	devildog820		devildog820		20	Yes	EST	OBF	-			Irregular

Anyone else who wants to join, feel free to PM me or post here and I'll get you started.

We still haven't been very active, although I do see the occasional gaffer in a game from time to time. I know we haven't reached a consensus on any days and times of the week to do a regular get together, so if anyone feels like hosting, I suggest that you put up a post here letting us know when you're going to do it, and maybe we can hook up. If you're still missing the Rivalry trophy, post and start talking about good times to set up a clan match with the trophy squad. Yeah, I know it sounds lame, but what else do we got? :p

Oh, and I've gone ahead and set us up as a clan at myhawk.org, so if by some chance we get top clan for the day, everyone will get the award for it. :p

User 406

Banned
Phantast2k said:
Why did you ban me?! :(

Dude, my post is right above yours! :p

In order to simplify the roster info, I went ahead and cut anyone who was missing any pieces of information that I've previously requested. Anyone who was cut just needs to let me know that they want back in and give me the missing info, (in your case, which booster packs you have), and I'll send them a new invite.

Sorry, but I warned about this in my earlier requests for information, a lot of people weren't responding completely or responding at all, so it's simpler to just start with the people who supplied everything and build up from there.

slider

Hey, good to have you back and posting Manky. I've been meaning to post a "let's have a GAF get together soon!" message for a while.

I watch this thread actively so if there's any action hank_scorpio is down for it. I just worry that with new releases, betas and all sorts WH may get forgotten. :(

Cheers.

Sea Manky said:
(in your case, which booster packs you have)
I don't have any of them because I'm a cheap bastard :p
I'm going to buy them eventually though.
I just logged in with my fake us account and dipped into a rank limited CTF game. At the end I've had something like 45 kills and more than 250 points. The recruits were in awe :eek:

Btw. Sea Manky, don't you want to know who's in the home beta? Since game launching is such a nice thing and all ^^

Irnbru

I don't know if this has been asked yet, and I couldn't find it anywhere, but does anyone know what happened to the warhawk official dogfight servers?
They have been unavailable for a while now :(

Top Bottom