• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

slider

I know the feeling (R2 sits untouched, LBP still unfinished)!

I think Manky did have some cleansing of people who hadn't played recently but the last time I looked at the clan list I felt like there was room for more. See you online soon!

I suck at it, but still...

JardeL

RadioHeadAche said:
Until I have the money for the full version, I'm stuck with the demo, but it is one of the most insanely fun games I've ever played.

The demo is only one level and CTF, but it is so much fun!
Wowhawk Pricedrop Alert :D : $29.95 at PS Store ...

carlos

Jack Scofield said:
Holy fuck. This almost makes me want to buy a second copy.

Same here; I know I could get a couple hundred more hours of enjoyment if I could play simultaneously on ranked servers with my brother.

Does anyone know if split screen on ranked servers is ever coming? some time ago incog said they "made no promises, but were trying to make it possible"

Oh and man, is it ever frustrating to find a server (that isn't full) ...I wish I had bought the other expansions :(

User 406

Banned
TEN BUX WARHAWK!

Now there is NO excuse!

carlos: As far as I know, we're never going to get ranked splitscreen as it's too easy to abuse. Just buy the boosters already! Hundreds of hours!

There's tons of room in the clan, especially since I trimmed the low info people and people jumped into the trophy squad. Anyone who wants back in just let me know, the info I'm looking for is in the posts previously linked to, and I'll send you a PM about it anyway.

Click

Banned
No more $10 for Warhawk.
120px-Sad_panda.svg.png

I started a collection game from Home yesterday. I grabbed four cores and got the trophy, but no one else was playing. It didn't put me into pregame or anything. Just launched me straight into a full collection game.

icechai

devildog820 said:
I started a collection game from Home yesterday. I grabbed four cores and got the trophy, but no one else was playing. It didn't put me into pregame or anything. Just launched me straight into a full collection game.

haven't tried it in the new home yet but previously in the beta starting games only created servers and let people join the game you start... which is why I never used home :p

So I need some people who want to try and earn trophies. I'm trying to get the snipe a person with a jetpack trophy and the other jetpack-based trophies. Anyone interested? PM me or send me a friend request at my PSN: MaxKomRoger

dralla

AndyD said:
Will there be a 4th addon, or is Warhawk done and they moved onto a sequel/other project?

I hope for a full-blown sequal, with single player, but knowing Incog they're probably making a new expansion pack. which is cool! I just want WH2 with much better community features.

Man, I haven't been in this thread in a while. Since the LBP beta if memory serves. I've been playing sporadically but with LBP, R2 and MGO taking up so much time I've only been getting in a couple of hours a week. I was playing a bunch of SF2 as well but not any more thanks to a non-gaming related injury that when put in conjunction with playing a ton of SF has destroyed my thumb and wrist.

Is the GAF clan still meeting up or not? I think my voice chat is working okay again (I had some issues on my end in addition to them borking BT support). I think I'm still in the clan TTP set up to get the clan match trophy (although I never actually got it) so I wouldn't mind an invite back into the clan proper.

Oh, and congrats on the 400,000 Sea Manky. I have to admit though, it's good to see you playing something else for a change. I would have hopped into a match of SF2 last night but my thumb/wrist won't allow it.

F-Pina

Same here. I played 2 rounds of zones yesterday, lost 1 game, won the next.
I also tried launching Warhawk directly from Home.

I think this might actually work to some advantage, is anyone interested in trying out to meet at Home and then launching a full party into Warhawk? Just for kicks :)

Actually, there's a point. We should try launching from Home. A home club specifically for Warhawk would be cool but I'm pretty sure you need to pay.

Of course there's the problem that all of this requires you to use home and maybe that's not the best idea. It could be worth it once they give us the Warhawk space (any bets it ends up being a paid for clubhouse?) but until then, is there any interest at all?

slider

dwin45 said:
Is there a gaf clan I can join?

Yes indeed-y. I've just cut and pasted a reply I had on the previous page. Here you go chief, click the link in this post...

slider said:
Sea_Manky is the clan leader; send him a PM but he has a list of questions you should be prepared to answer. Here's the original post but the questions may well have evolved since then. We haven't had a proper get together in months unfortunately. I think hosting is probably the key issue. :(

The Take Out Bandit said:
Do it without Clubs FFS!

All log in Home > Friend's List > Go to Friend > Everybody in Friend's Home space, then launch game.

Please don't feed the Microrapesactions machine.

Hehe, fair enough. But how is the war room going to work? Will it be a private area connected to the public gamespace?

i need to get back into this.

I think im gonna give my disc copy to my bro-in-law

then i will buy the download version, since i got a new 500GB hard drive :)

dralla

I was playing before and all these bandit awards were popping up, now I'm scared to check my stats to see if everything was erased.

dwin45

dralla said:
I was playing before and all these bandit awards were popping up, now I'm scared to check my stats to see if everything was erased.
Same thing keeps happening to me but I don't think it's deleting stats. I think there's just a (temporary, hopefully) problem with the servers.

User 406

Banned
dralla said:

Assuming you weren't caught padding, this is a known bug, sometimes you'll connect to a server and the server won't get the proper info from the rank server so it'll think you're a Recruit and you'll keep getting bandit badges.

dwin45, check your PMs.

freethought, I've sent you a fresh clan invite.

dwin45

Anyone having network problems? I keep getting into games, playing for half the game, and then it disconnects me for no reason. I figure it must be a problem with Warhawk and not my connection because it still keeps me signed into PSN.

carlos

dwin45 said:
Anyone having network problems? I keep getting into games, playing for half the game, and then it disconnects me for no reason. I figure it must be a problem with Warhawk and not my connection because it still keeps me signed into PSN.

This exact problem happened to me a couple of nights ago and I haven't played since then; I thought it was a problem on my end; hopefully it's just a temporary thing, put I'll report if it keeps happening next time I play.

Tntnnbltn

I bought the PSN version of Warhawk. A friend of mine just got a PS3, so I sold them my copy of Warhawk for the price of buying the online one. Now I don't have to stick in the disc every time I want to play. :D

Tntnnbltn

I'm back home for christmas... And now I have a 256k internet connection with a 100 MB download limit... And my new downloaded version of Warhawk needs a >100 MB patch.

There aren't enough sad panda gifs in the world to describe my feelings right now. And if there were, they'd probably take me over my limit too.

slider

Tntnnbltn said:
I'm back home for christmas... And now I have a 256k internet connection with a 100 MB download limit... And my new downloaded version of Warhawk needs a >100 MB patch.

There aren't enough sad panda gifs in the world to describe my feelings right now. And if there were, they'd probably take me over my limit too.

:lol

I'm at my GF's folks for a few days. I asked if I could take my PS3. She said no. :(

I just got my two stripes (I forgot whatever title that is) ^^

Also markjayw ist the sickest bastard around, not only does he scream when some noobs do the wrong things (like too much camping at the own base, or not waiting for people who want a ride in the planes), he's also screaming when he flew into a mine or when his warhawk has been shot down by a tank. Who the fuck gives a shit?! He needs fucking anger management. So when I laughed at him he called me the n-word :( This fucker definitely belongs into XBL...

Oh, I just found out that he's the second in the warhawk leaderboards:
http://stats.us.playstation.com/Warhawk/Leaderboards.aspx

fuck me, I didn't expect that. Now I hate him even more :(

so i just popped this in for the first time ever tonight. what a fuck awesome game, i knew i'd love it when i finally got around to trying it.

question: is no one talking whatsoever, or am i doing voice chat wrong? i tried leaving the mic channel open in the options, didn't hear shit. i also tried pressing L3 and no one responded. i hear a tiny bit of static now and then, but otherwise a completely silent game. what gives?

Tntnnbltn

rocksolidaudio said:
question: is no one talking whatsoever, or am i doing voice chat wrong? i tried leaving the mic channel open in the options, didn't hear shit. i also tried pressing L3 and no one responded. i hear a tiny bit of static now and then, but otherwise a completely silent game. what gives?
Most people don't have mics. Those that do are probably seasoned players, so you wouldn't be finding them in the rookie rooms anyway.

rocksolidaudio said:
so i just popped this in for the first time ever tonight. what a fuck awesome game, i knew i'd love it when i finally got around to trying it.

Yeah, this game is awesome. You'd better pimp it on the next 1UP FM. ;)

And just so you know, you have to hold L3 to speak. I spent dozens of hours in the game before I realized that. It won't help with the silent matches, but now you can command people without restraint. :D

AndyD

aka andydumi
rocksolidaudio said:

I also noticed that sometimes it auto mutes everyone. So make sure people arent muted in the menu.

Also, if you start talking constructively, I have noticed others will then turn on their headset and use it.

But most of the talking is done in the upper levels where seasones people play. The rookie servers are for rookies.

The Frankman said:
Since when? I've never held any button to speak and everyone hears me. I know in Resistance 2 you do that but Warhawk?

Unless Incognito changed it in the past six months or so, hold-to-talk has always been the way to communicate. Maybe it's different in player servers or something? All I used to play in were official servers.

It's in the options: during the game press start, go to audio options (afaik). There's an option like "push to talk" or something like that.

Fizzle said:
Is there another GAF™ meet-up coming up? Desperately want to play this again.

There is always Warhawk Wednesdays over at VGEVO.com.

Not to poach GAF people, but after the cat-herding experiences of the GAF clan; I prefer the option of a place where they just say, "We're doing this at X time." And not hemming and hawing because Fifi can't make it during that time, and Tyrone has a family function then. Blah blah blah.

Every Wednesday, like clockwork - Warhawk Wednesdays! :D

Top Bottom