• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

X-Frame

Foil said:
I was playing the other day, couldn't find a zones match on the booster map packs. Even though I paid for those I still wish they would go free so they could roll everyone back together. Force people to download them.

By now all the DLC should be free, I agree.

I bet they will do this after their announce Starhawk/Warhawk 2 to generate some more buzz. Not much sense in doing it now.

fixuis

I think I just threw a guy/jeep with the flag for a record jump, got behind him as he was making his way through the final stretch and bounced him and he ended up close to where the homing missile and health is near the edge of the map, archipelago of course. Thought it was hilarious. The guy must have been super pissed. He was surrounded by his teams war hawks when this happened. 2 mins left. The game ended up being a draw.

Another video detailing early Warhawk... I'd love to find at what point they scrapped single-player and those older models and focused on pure online. Also noticed the more detailed airships (compared to my vid last page eons ago) and I weep as I see the Tau Crater.

Also STOP SPAMMING APC's TNTNNBLTN!

Tntnnbltn

The Frankman said:
Another video detailing early Warhawk... I'd love to find at what point they scrapped single-player and those older models and focused on pure online. Also noticed the more detailed airships (compared to my vid last page eons ago) and I weep as I see the Tau Crater.

Also STOP SPAMMING APC's TNTNNBLTN!
STOP SPAMMING TANKS FRANKMAN!

Tntnnbltn said:
Except for a few specific circumstances
Archipelago
you can't do that in a tank anyway!
... wait how? I get in a tank, chase you and shoot. Or If I'm flying and see you in a tank I steal that base's tank. I dunno how you say I can't do that...

Tntnnbltn

The Frankman said:
... wait how? I get in a tank, chase you and shoot. Or If I'm flying and see you in a tank APC I steal that base's tank. I dunno how you say I can't do that...
Because if there is open space then I can outplay you. That's how I say you can't do that.

Tntnnbltn said:
Because if there is open space then I can outplay you. That's how I say you can't do that.
That's my point. If you're in an APC and I can't catch you in tank I'm taking another APC then. That's why I don't get your first statement; I can't be spamming tanks then.

:D

Lawandorder01.jpg

Tntnnbltn

The Frankman said:
That's my point. If you're in an APC and I can't catch you in tank I'm taking another APC then. That's why I don't get your first statement; I can't be spamming tanks then.
Maybe you should read your own post where you said you take another tank. You never said anything about APCs.

Tntnnbltn said:
Maybe you should read your own post where you said you take another tank. You never said anything about APCs.
*sigh* ok, let's do a scenario. You have an APC. I land a plane and come after you in a tank. You drive away. After chasing you and watching you drive away, shouldn't I logically get something I can keep up to you with? I'm no rick_Wright here, I'll get anything that gets the job done and if I have air support, I'll use a tank. If I have tank support I'll grab a plane/jeep. Basically whatever vehicle is not there I'll use... something more of the community should do, support in whatever type of vehicle is not represented.

I'll never know why people don't do that... if you have 3 guys in tanks in a small area, don't take a tank. Get into a turret or plane and take out the air attack since tanks are slow-moving and weak against air attacks. Got an APC convoy coming? Grab 1-2 tanks, a couple planes (one with an EMP) and a ground guy to lay mines. I don't understand why so many guys online have mics and don't communicate. If those guys ever played SOCOM/MAG/any other multiplayer shooter they'd get obliterated online.

Also where is [GAF] clan? I'm in Philly and won't be back until Friday so that's why I'm not playing...

Atruvius

I got so excited about Starhawk so I went read this thread. That got me so excited about replaying this so I had to install it again and start playing. Of course the PSN isn't up yet so I could only play alone.

I just made a game, map was Eucadia, the biggest version, and just started flying. Boy is it still a good looking game. Game is almost four years old and it hasn't aged a bit. I used pro flight mode and it was incredibly fun. I think I'll use PF only from now on.

So when the PSN is up, will someone make a GAF server? I know I would be ready to come and play this with fellow gaffers.

X-Frame

Warhawk is going to be one of the first games I play when PSN comes back up -- and I hope a lot of other people do as well.

Hopefully I can get an invite to the GAF tag as well.

Played my first game in a few months last night. So good.jpg. 35 points, 2.5kdr. Oh yea, finally joined GAF clan. PSN=Theologyman. Oh, and realized that between my wife and I we have played 800+ hours =/

fixuis

LovingSteam said:
Played my first game in a few months last night. So good.jpg. 35 points, 2.5kdr. Oh yea, finally joined GAF clan. PSN=Theologyman. Oh, and realized that between my wife and I we have played 800+ hours =/

Your wife plays warhawk with you?! Never let go of this woman! Any tips on how you got her hooked?

fixuis said:
Your wife plays warhawk with you?! Never let go of this woman! Any tips on how you got her hooked?

She would watch me play and I asked her to try it. She did. For about 6 months straight I'd wake up, she'd be playing. I'd come home from work, she'd be playing. We'd play split screen on the same team and also on opposing teams. She is amazing at ground combat but never spent the time in the Warhawk to perfect it. Then we had our daughter and she stopped lol. Every now and again she'll pick it up and yea, you don't want to mess with her.

dork

Banned
Was playing in a zone server had a blast. Im hosting a DLC server right now if anyone wants to play that stuff. Unless someone else has one up let me know cuz i want to play the dlc maps

X-Frame

Haven't had a chance to log in yet -- but I thought I heard somewhere that Sony pulled the Blue Official servers and there's only Player Ranked/Unranked now.

Is that true?

carlos

Sea Manky said:
Been playing for the last eight hours or so. My eyes are burning, my head hurts, and my back aches. It's SO good to be back.

Haha, that brings back some memories!

I haven't been able to play because there's a small storm overhead here and frequent blackouts, but I hope to log in sometime tonight.

great to see the ol' thread revived :)

X-Frame said:
Haven't had a chance to log in yet -- but I thought I heard somewhere that Sony pulled the Blue Official servers and there's only Player Ranked/Unranked now.

Is that true?
Awhile ago they did, but the blue servers are up now.

carlos

Metalmurphy said:
Guys! I want in!!

Is this game's online region locked? I forgot.

no sir

btw, logging in now, they better not have their usual server maintenance up now, after nearly 4 weeks of inactivity

Top Bottom