• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Bebpo

Banned
Good games.

Need more people for CTF maps. 4 on 4 or 4 on 3 really doesn't cut it with maps these sizes. Once you get a sizeable lead in a land vehicle with only like 2-3 people on the opposing team you can't be stopped.

Where are the 32 GAF matches?

KGKK

Banned
DemonSwordsman said:
hey im have trouble with my head set. i got the retail one so i have the jabra headset. I paired it with the ps3, but when i play warhawk the peoples voice comes from the speaker and i cant talk to them.

You have to press the main button on your headset to connect every game, just press it till you hear a quick beep in it and it will be connected.:D Took me a while to figure that out too.

Foil

Darobga said:
Hey guys good game tonight. I only played two of em, the rest were my bro - he's still learning :) I'm having a serious issue though now, I cant get into any official SCEA games, its saying they are FULL no matter what i try to do..can anyone help me?

Same problem here. I could only get into the dogfight only SCEA servers.

Can somebody please PM me the GAFn password. Damn team killers on other servers.

methane47

Those GAF games were nice.... There was one CTF match that had me laughing... It I was defending... and had just killed a flag carrier and returned the flag to the base... And at that same moment a player on my team ran down the road with the enemy flag.. I was like YESssss...

The guy rann allll the way to the building... then ran up to the Node (the huge flag with glowing rings around it) and he just stood there.. I was like... no turn around... Come backwards ... .THIS WAY FOOL!!!! ... maybe he had me muted...... anyways He just stood up there with me shooting at him and trying to get his attention until the enemy came and killed him and took back their flag..

besada

Banned
That was much fun, even though my playing was erratic. I did own the sky for quite some time, all around my missile turret, though. And then someone TOWed my ass.

icechai

besada said:
That was much fun, even though my playing was erratic. I did own the sky for quite some time, all around my missile turret, though. And then someone TOWed my ass.

I towed a turret like 10 min ago, was that u? :lol

KGKK

Banned
We need to set up a GAF dogfight server, since it takes the longest to master the Warhawk controls, perhaps those who have can give us guys who haven't a tutorial of sorts:D

icechai

woah, Motion sensing ftw. Here's the way to do it:
Sensitivity = 100%
Degree = 30 Degrees (max)
This lets your natural position of holding the controller be neutral, and it gives great control over the warhawk. Unfortunately motion controls still suck with vehicles, they need to fix that and enable motion control for just warhawk.

KGKK

Banned
icechai said:
woah, Motion sensing ftw. Here's the way to do it:
Sensitivity = 100%
Degree = 30 Degrees (max)
This lets your natural position of holding the controller be neutral, and it gives great control over the warhawk. Unfortunately motion controls still suck with vehicles, they need to fix that and enable motion control for just warhawk.

Hmmm, maybe I will try that tomorrow and see if it helps. I agree about the ground vehicles though. While the tank is so not so bad with the motion controls, but the jeep, whoa baby I could not steer it properly if my life depended on it:lol.

My favourite part of tonights game was the sniper battle I had. Another sniper and I trying to shoot snipe eachother out from the opposite ends of the island. I won that battle:D

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
KGKK said:
My favourite part of tonights game was the sniper battle I had. Another sniper and I trying to shoot snipe eachother out from the opposite ends of the island. I won that battle:D

That was Archipelago, wasn't it?

I was snipin' like crazy then these shots came out of nowhere...was that you?! :lol

Core407

Banned
Incognito needs to fix the server lists. Every server that is listed as having opening slots always is full. I'm talking about like 16/24, 28/32...

Aleman

Core407 said:
Incognito needs to fix the server lists. Every server that is listed as having opening slots always is full. I'm talking about like 16/24, 28/32...

Yup, that and it takes way too long for the game to realize that the server is full after you try to enter it. So annoying. It usually takes me about 5-10 minutes to get into a SCEA server.

Foil

Core407 said:

Yeah, I can't get into any games right now. Plus I don't know the password for the only gaf game going. :/

Core407

Banned
Aleman said:
Yup, that and it takes way too long for the game to realize that the server is full after you try to enter it. So annoying. It usually takes me about 5-10 minutes to get into a SCEA server.

First time it's happened to me. The previous days, I would be able to hop onto any server with like 4 open spots.

KGKK

Banned
chubigans said:
That was Archipelago, wasn't it?

I was snipin' like crazy then these shots came out of nowhere...was that you?! :lol

If you were part of the Blue team and if Archipelago is the tropical island map then yes:D

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
KGKK said:
If you were part of the Blue team and if Archipelago is the tropical island map then yes:D

GAH! It WAS you!

I was on a binocular/snipe roll. I couldn't hit you at all...and on your second shot, bam.

Man, nice job. :lol

Uncle AJ

KGKK said:
You have to press the main button on your headset to connect every game, just press it till you hear a quick beep in it and it will be connected.:D Took me a while to figure that out too.

NOW he tells me. :rolleyes.gif:

Dammit now it says all the games are full for me again, even the nearly empty ones... I think I'm gonna go play some Lair, this is frustrating..

P.S. Incog: Why oh why couldn't you put a party system in Warhawk like Insomniac has in Resistance???

Bebpo

Banned
What's the best anti-tank strategy? It takes a ton of grenades to take one out.

My best strategy so far is going around my half of the map and blowing up vehicles until they only have like 10-20% HP left and then leaving them alone. Then when people try to escape in them I can blow them up in 1 grenade.

Alex

Bebpo said:

My best strategy so far is going around my half of the map and blowing up vehicles until they only have like 10-20% HP left and then leaving them alone. Then when people try to escape in them I can blow them up in 1 grenade.

Flamethrower works best if you're trying to kill one as infantry. Melts them real fast.

icechai

Bebpo said:

it doesn't take a ton of grenades, 5-6? Also rocket launcher locks onto them, so that's a crazy good way to kill tanks. Best way is to throw some mines on them :p and also the flamethrower but I get scared when I'm too close to explosions, so usually I just rocket launch/grenades. Jumped into a gaf server as some tank was at a zone cap point and surprised it with 2 grenades :)

Speevy said:
I love the game. I'm getting better at the game. But no one would know that BECAUSE MY PROFILE WILL NOT UPDATE!

You are playing on ranked servers right?

My profile seems to update but the stats don't seem right. I get a promotion in rank but I don't appear to have the right number of points for that rank. I don't know what to think.

:(

CSSer

Argh, I missed the gaf centric games. I'll be sure to be on the lookout tomorrow and saturday.... that's the first scrimmage right? Since GAFe isn't working properly, I'm the lone member of a GAF+ clan.

Speevy said:
Has anyone else had their profile not update? Is it something I'm not doing, or doing wrong?

It hasn't been updating for me too, again... I had some 250+ point games too :lol

sonycowboy said:
2) I believe Player Beyond is the highest ranked GAF'er. He's in the top 15 I believe.

nope, around 30th or so. I guess I'll be higher when stats update, but still far behind Darobga and Click.

Top Bottom