• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

lunlunqq

Speevy said:
Has anyone else had their profile not update? Is it something I'm not doing, or doing wrong?

it's updated for me. have you been playing the ranked games? the unranked games do not count into your stats just in case you don't know.

the_id said:
is it just me or has all the SCEA servers gone down? i don't see them.

It happened while I was playing.

Yeah.

EDIT: Also, there needs to be a FAQ for how the rank system works. Why do I only have 525 points but have a rank that requires much higher?

Speevy

Banned
I'm not trying to make it promote me.

It doesn't even tell me I've played more games. It still says 10 games. I've played at least 25 games, and have gotten hundreds of kills.

Nope, it says I have 10 games and 30 something kills.

Speevy

Banned
lunlunqq said:
it's updated for me. have you been playing the ranked games? the unranked games do not count into your stats just in case you don't know.

Oh really, they don't?

Not even the "Matches Played"?

Evidently the internet died a minute ago in Sony-land. Here are some impressions from the games tonight.

The Good Stuff: When the game is good, it's really really good. I got into a full-sized server of Zones tonight, and I found out what I'm best at--ground vehicles and knife fights. Who knew? Great back and forth battles, with five v five for control of one best, with vehicles. Lots and lots of fun.

The Bad Stuff: Mic still doesn't work. I'll try re-sincing it every game, but I don't think that was the problem. I think it just wasn't working. Also, played a few games of CTF in which you couldn't set their flag down at your base. So we ended up with each time having the other's flag at their base, with guys running back and forth. Huh? On the plus side, I single-handedly took a jeep across the map, snagged their flag, and drove it back to my base. That would be right before I discovered the glitch.

The Weird Stuff: During this glitched CTF stuff, the other team had a player named CaptainGlanton too. That was interesting, esp. since the match in which he showed up was the one where the computer switched the side I was on. Once, we even knifed each other simultaneously. Evil twins FTW!

garrickk

I am very disappointed by the server/filter interface. I wasn't happy with it during the beta, but I assumed the menus were being worked on. No improvement.

Not being able to have filter options for the type of server is just inexcusable. Maybe I'm missing something. I want to see only dedicated servers.

Is there a way to quickly jump through the list on the left? Or, is it just slow scroll and sort options at the top. The few filter options are mostly worthless. Ugh.

Unreal Tournament III will beat this interface down.

What I basically did was set these parameters for search:

Min number of players already in a game: 12
Ping must be under: 150
Regions: All
Minimum number of players: 8
Maximum number of players: 32

This gives me about 120 servers to choose from and most of the scea ones. I have added most of the dogfighting ones to my favorites so I can train on them.

lunlunqq

Speevy said:
Oh really, they don't?

Not even the "Matches Played"?

i dont think so. i think only ranked games counts into your stats. i actaully, no matter how many unranked games you've played, if you never played a ranked game, your profile won't even be created at all. only after you played your first ranked game, your profile got created.

Well, I'm about to watch episode 27 of Shippuuden, but after that I'm going to see if I can get my ass kicked again in Warhawk.

Were the rest of the clan invites for GAFe sent out?

Captain Glanton said:
Evidently the internet died a minute ago in Sony-land. Here are some impressions from the games tonight.

The Good Stuff: When the game is good, it's really really good. I got into a full-sized server of Zones tonight, and I found out what I'm best at--ground vehicles and knife fights. Who knew? Great back and forth battles, with five v five for control of one best, with vehicles. Lots and lots of fun.

The Bad Stuff: Mic still doesn't work. I'll try re-sincing it every game, but I don't think that was the problem. I think it just wasn't working. Also, played a few games of CTF in which you couldn't set their flag down at your base. So we ended up with each time having the other's flag at their base, with guys running back and forth. Huh? On the plus side, I single-handedly took a jeep across the map, snagged their flag, and drove it back to my base. That would be right before I discovered the glitch.

The Weird Stuff: During this glitched CTF stuff, the other team had a player named CaptainGlanton too. That was interesting, esp. since the match in which he showed up was the one where the computer switched the side I was on. Once, we even knifed each other simultaneously. Evil twins FTW!

You will know the Mic is working when you see the universal mic icon beside your name in the upper left hand corner. You need to press L3 to speak. The mic is on when the blue light is flashing and you also have to make sure to tap the button once when you are in a game because sometimes it isn't registering. That is how I got mine working.

BlackGoku03 said:
Well, I'm about to watch episode 27 of Shippuuden, but after that I'm going to see if I can get my ass kicked again in Warhawk.

Were the rest of the clan invites for GAFe sent out?

Nope, glitch is still there.

DoctorWho said:
You will know the Mic is working when you see the universal mic icon beside your name in the upper left hand corner. You need to press L3 to speak. The mic is on when the blue light is flashing and you also have to make sure to tap the button once when you are in a game because sometimes it isn't registering. That is how I got mine working.

I was holding down L3, and the mic light was flashing. I never got the icon by my name. I'm almost certain that at least once or twice I re-pressed the 'on' button in-game, but I will try again next time I play.

Edit: And yes, I did sync the mic to the console before I started Warhawk.

garrickk

DoctorWho said:
Is this a Jabra headset thing, or a change from the beta? I'm using the Jabra now and have to do this. However, during the beta, I was using my Logitech BT headset. I could turn it on any any point and it would connect and stay connected regardless of how many servers I entered or exited. Weird.

Captain Glanton said:
I was holding down L3, and the mic light was flashing. I never got the icon by my name. I'm almost certain that at least once or twice I re-pressed the 'on' button in-game, but I will try again next time I play.

Yeah, when I just pressed the on button the mic symbol magically appeared and I could speak. After that I haven't had to do it since.

SSJChar

ya the scea servers went down for me too. i got major lag in the gafw server. i'd go pick up an item and i wouldn't get it for like 5 seconds, if at all. also it seemed like the updated server list wasn't really updated. every single scea server that i tried that wasn't full ended up being full and i wasn't able to join one of the servers until around 10 minutes before they all went down. i also can't update single servers. i click on triangle and it does absolutely nothing. they also need a way to have ranked games at the top or something, though if you click on max it usually brings them all up since theyre usually the only ones with 32 person games. ps3 froze twice also. once during a loading screen and once during gameplay. still is a really fun game though.

Foil said:
I need to learn the ways of the knife. I got slashed up pretty badly in a few knife fights tonight.

Most people try to circle around you as they shoot, so when I'm knifing I move side to side. If you're in a close space, they'll often walk right into it.

Firest0rm

Captain Glanton said:

I had the same thing happen to me in one of the games, where I kept going head to head with a guy that had my name aswell (blust0rm). It's some sort of bug that messes up names. Cause some of the players even lost their names, so I'd end up seeing blank names for them.

Bebpo

Banned
Alright, I have some major beefs with how hard it is to get into a good game here.

First of all, there's no way to filter ranked and unranked. I'd like to play modes where I can earn badges and stuff but only like 1 out of every 50 games is ranked and it's always full.

Second of all, all the 24 or 32 player games are always full yet there's hundreds of 8 player or 12 player games going.

Third of all, why is EVERYONE playing Dogfight or CTF? Zones is the best mode IMO but I can't get into any 24+ size games :( And the chance of getting into a RANKED 24+ size zone game is lololol unless you are on a Sony server but those are all full so it's still lololol

Foil

As hard as it was to get onto the SCEA servers, the "PlayWithIncognito" server was downright impossible to get on. :lol

icechai

Bebpo said:
Alright, I have some major beefs with how hard it is to get into a good game here.

First of all, there's no way to filter ranked and unranked. I'd like to play modes where I can earn badges and stuff but only like 1 out of every 50 games is ranked and it's always full.

Second of all, all the 24 or 32 player games are always full yet there's hundreds of 8 player or 12 player games going.

Third of all, why is EVERYONE playing Dogfight or CTF? Zones is the best mode IMO but I can't get into any 24+ size games :( And the chance of getting into a RANKED 24+ size zone game is lololol unless you are on a Sony server but those are all full so it's still lololol

Zones sucks unless you are in a team that knows what they're doing. Dogfight and CTF are fun without any requirements (well CTF is nice if you have 2-3 teammates who know what they're doing).

Join a server that has 2 less than full. Worked everytime for me in Sony servers. But yeah they need to update filtering.

Foil said:
As hard as it was to get onto the SCEA servers, the "PlayWithIncognito" server was downright impossible to get on. :lol

I saw the server when there were only 6 people playing it. As soon as i decided to select it, the server list started showing new rooms and bumped it away, by the time i scrolled through 900 servers, it was full :(

Zones sucks unless you are in a team that knows what they're doing. Dogfight and CTF are fun without any requirements (well CTF is nice if you have 2-3 teammates who know what they're doing).

I love Zones. Infact, i love every single mode :) No filler modes and no filler maps. All are well balanced. But yes, Zones and CTF are fun when you have smart people. There were times when CTF was insanely intense. But then there are times where the team is dumb and its not CTF anymore, instead it becomes "Defend the base and let the flag go if its stolen"...

ndiicm

icechai said:

Join a server that has 2 less than full. Worked everytime for me in Sony servers. But yeah they need to update filtering.

Yeah zones is hopeless unless you are playing with people who know how to play it. even ctf if your team sucks there is only so much you can do especially on huge maps like Eucadia ( i love that map)

Bebpo

Banned
icechai said:

I'd say CTF requires more teamwork than Zones.

In CTF if nobody is talking and your team doesn't stick together you're going to lose. You can't 1 man it.

In Zones you can 1 man take zones and people are at least intelligent enough to take zones near each other and crush in on the opponents zones.

Honestly, I like team deathmatch more than CTF at this point. CTF if you're playing with random people just sucks suck sucks because everyone is doing their own thing and you can't 1 man it.

Eurogamer review

Incognito has taken the DNA of Battlefield and crafted a sublime online console game - a virtual battlezone that serves up more than its fair share of wonderful audio-visuals, but more than that, plays beautifully, with every game you play supplying a key gameplay moment that only online gaming provides.

lunlunqq

i dont know if there are enough GAF guys out there if i host a GAF_last_night game. i cant stay up too late though, maybe till 3:00 EST. i am EST and my internet connect can only handle 12-ppl maps. what do you guys think? shall we have some late night fun?

AltogetherAndrews said:
Eurogamer review

Incognito has taken the DNA of Battlefield and crafted a sublime online console game - a virtual battlezone that serves up more than its fair share of wonderful audio-visuals, but more than that, plays beautifully, with every game you play supplying a key gameplay moment that only online gaming provides.

Great review. I agree with it 100%.

f@luS

More than a member.
why can i just run a 12 players server since yesterday, when i was able to run a 24 or even 32 tuesday?

f@luS said:
why can i just run a 12 players server since yesterday, when i was able to run a 24 or even 32 tuesday?

Your connection test results were different. Your connection is goes fast and slow at different times during the day, or any time in general, so when you had a peak connection you were able to do 32. Just hope your test goes good if you want to host a large number of people.

Foil

Just had a few good matches... for the most part. Another game of people calling each other on talking a bunch of racist shit talk. Now I remember why I love and hate online gaming. Hopefully the clan invites get fixed soon, I'm done playing with these people.

Top Bottom