• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Xater

Seriously guys don't send me PM that you want an invite. If you ar eon the clan list you will get your invite!

As soon as it is possible I will post the new official GAFu password on the clan messages!

Safe Bet

Banned
Well it looks like the servers are down..

If stats have been recovered, prepare for a rank boost!

Xater said:
As soon as it is possible I will post the new official GAFu password on the clan messages!
PM that to me and I will put it up for GAFw.

nofi

Xater said:
Seriously guys don't send me PM that you want an invite. If you ar eon the clan list you will get your invite!

We should have a GAFu thread in Online Meet-ups, keep this nice and tidy.

God damnit all I thought about all day at work yesterday was waking up and playing Warhawk and the fucking servers are down! Tomorrow I start a stretch of 4 12 hour shifts. Weeeeee!

balliinn

Banned
i'm 30mins late for work thanks to this game :D

i think i saw a few GAFers while playing but don't remember their names.

PSN: JupiterUnleashed

User 406

Banned
So, can gaffers from other clans check out the GAFu server? I'm tired of playing with random no-teamers and racist dicks, and I'd like to try some real team communication. I'd especially like to get a few pilots together to have some teamwork in the air. :D

balliinn

Banned
Sea Manky said:
So, can gaffers from other clans check out the GAFu server? I'm tired of playing with random no-teamers and racist dicks, and I'd like to try some real team communication. I'd especially like to get a few pilots together to have some teamwork in the air. :D

speaking of communication, how do you work the bt headset? I have it paired up with the PStriple, but it doesn't seem to work while in game...i still hear people through the tv...

Yixian

Banned
Btw did anyone notice my Warhawks? I made them blue with yellow stars, EU flag stylie. It could be the team strip for GAFu, looks real awesome.

CSSer

balliinn said:
speaking of communication, how do you work the bt headset? I have it paired up with the PStriple, but it doesn't seem to work while in game...i still hear people through the tv...

Go to accessory settings and make sure the headset is selected (also test it there too). During the game, push L3 to talk in the game (you'll hear a sound).

kitch9

Banned
balliinn said:

You have to go to accessory settings and tell the PStriple to output voice through your headset instead of default output device.

Aargh, can't connect to the network. Anyway, I'm going to be busy for a while, hope to get in on a Gafu game sometime this afternoon though.

Steroyd

balliinn said:

According to the online manual when you press R3 you have a ten second window to talk which would explain why no-one was talking online yesturday.

Brofist

I'm in if there is any space in any of the clans. Should be getting my copy within the week, bought the blu-ray version since I needed the headset and don't like the restrictions of the PSN version.

PSN: kpop100

Kal

I can't connect - "Servers Not Responding - Please check your network connection and try again"

OMG I NEED MY FIX!!!

Kal said:
I can't connect - "Servers Not Responding - Please check your network connection and try again"

OMG I NEED MY FIX!!!

Seriously! This fuckin blows! I woke up this morning thinking of an excuse to not go into work so I could play, then I just said fuck it and went in anyways. Get to work, and 40 minutes later I say fuck it again and come back home to get my Warhawk on. But I can't. :(

Man, playing this game is like riding a bike. Once I got the controls back down again I was back on track. Managed to rank 1st in my second ranked game. Its fun sneaking into a unguarded base and taking out from under the other teams nose. I also need a clan invite to GAFw. Who do I give a lapdance to to get one?

besada

Banned
This game is hyper-addictive, but they really need to get the network/server/matchmaking issues fixed. I'll play four or five games, get insanely frustrated getting dropped, so I turn it off and thirty minutes later I'm diving back in again, just to get frustrated some more.

When you're playing, this is a fucking awesome game, but getting into a game is a nightmare. It's like Shadowrun all over again. I hope they patch it faster, because it nearly killed Shadowrun's online community. There are only so many times I'm going to try to get into a 12/24 game to find out that it's full.

kay

besada said:
There are only so many times I'm going to try to get into a 12/24 game to find out that it's full.
Join games that have just started, it's easier as a few people usually drop out each round. You will know when the time remaining equals the length of the match.

belvedere said:
Isn't the scheduled maintenance going on right now?

Must be. At least let's hope so. Still doesn't mean we can't cry about not being able to play. I'm just whizzing around an empty local game watching this thread like a hawk.

When I join the SCEA servers I can go game after game with it ever freezing. They just need to get the lobby list refresh for them sorted out. It's ridiculous that you can't sort server by ranked/unranked also.

spwolf

besada said:
This game is hyper-addictive, but they really need to get the network/server/matchmaking issues fixed. I'll play four or five games, get insanely frustrated getting dropped, so I turn it off and thirty minutes later I'm diving back in again, just to get frustrated some more.

When you're playing, this is a fucking awesome game, but getting into a game is a nightmare. It's like Shadowrun all over again. I hope they patch it faster, because it nearly killed Shadowrun's online community. There are only so many times I'm going to try to get into a 12/24 game to find out that it's full.

i never ever got dropped, not single time, and I played 30+ games... you need to play on official servers.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Firewire said:
Continued attempts to send out invites for GAFe have failed. We are hoping this gets fixed soon by Incognito.
Like I asked, same problems for all GAF clans? Safe Bet seems to be having problems with GAFw too, but I don't see as many problems mentioned for GAFu or GAFn.

Should we try transferring ownership again?

cilonen

Semi stupid question that I'm not finding an easy answer to...

I played a fair few matches last night on an official SCEA server, but my stats from those don't seem to have been recorded. I thought official servers were ranked (and therefore recorded stats), are they? And does ranked / unranked have anything to do with the little trophy or trophy with red line through / human head profile or piano keyboard(!?) / lock icons to the left of the server name in the server list? If not, what do those icons signify?

Top Bottom