• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Bitter irony, as my internet was down all day yesterday for the first time in months. The day after I buy the best online-only game I've ever played. That was the only time I have ever wanted bots.

kaching said:
Like I asked, same problems for all GAF clans? Safe Bet seems to be having problems with GAFw too, but I don't see as many problems mentioned for GAFu or GAFn.

Should we try transferring ownership again?

I doubt transferring ownership again would do anything. I have disbanded a couple times and re-sent invites and it only lets me send out around 20 invites before it gives me an error message. This has got to be Incogs problem, there is no reason for this to be happening. Safe Bet is having the same problem so I assume it is a server or software issue.

I'll keep trying to send out invites but when I tried this morning before leaving for work I got the same error message. :(

Firewire

Banned
kaching said:
Like I asked, same problems for all GAF clans? Safe Bet seems to be having problems with GAFw too, but I don't see as many problems mentioned for GAFu or GAFn.

Should we try transferring ownership again?

I tried the transfer of ownership with UnholySpectacle last night, we achieved nothing with it.
Whatever the problem is, I believe it is on Incognito's end.

If anyone has the link to the official Warhawk boards post it, I would like to go and see if anyone has brought this up on their boards.

calder

I'm finally on, played for about half an hour last night before I had to go to bed. Can't wait to play more this long weekend. :D

I had one lockup though, very annoying as it was a flashback to the pre-patch beta testing. I noted the name of the server, then when i was back in I joined it again only to have it crash immediately. However I did see that not only was there the same number of ppl playing but the score was the same as the first time I had joined, maybe the person hosting crashed but it left a glitched game open?

After skipping that one server I played a few games, no problems and very very fun just as I remember it. :) In a Zones map my stubborn ass kept getting killed by two enemy tanks so I jumped in a 'hawk and promptly remembered why I hate inverted U/D. :lol Still held on pretty well against numerous enemy fighters and basically had a blast. Can't wait for some GAF matches!

Xater

UnholySpectacle said:
I doubt transferring ownership again would do anything. I have disbanded a couple times and re-sent invites and it only lets me send out around 20 invites before it gives me an error message. This has got to be Incogs problem, there is no reason for this to be happening. Safe Bet is having the same problem so I assume it is a server or software issue.

I'll keep trying to send out invites but when I tried this morning before leaving for work I got the same error message. :(

So far I did not encouter an invite problem. Everyone who was online can be invited. That's weird.

methane47

cilonen said:
Semi stupid question that I'm not finding an easy answer to...

I played a fair few matches last night on an official SCEA server, but my stats from those don't seem to have been recorded. I thought official servers were ranked (and therefore recorded stats), are they? And does ranked / unranked have anything to do with the

little trophy or trophy with red line through : Trophy means ranked .. Red line means unranked

human head profile: Human head means peer to peer game, PS3 means dedicated server

Safe Bet

Banned
Xater said:
So far I did not encouter an invite problem. Everyone who was online can be invited. That's weird.
I thought Varshes said he was getting the error too after awhile...

How many invites have you sent out?

cilonen

methane47 said:
little trophy or trophy with red line through : Trophy means ranked .. Red line means unranked

human head profile: Human head means peer to peer game, PS3 means dedicated server

awesome, ta!

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
UnholySpectacle said:

Not saying it isn't a problem on Incog's end, just wondering if there's a workaround in the meantime, since we have no way of knowing how long it will take to fix. And since Xater at least seems to be doing alright, that suggests there may be a workaround we can come up with.

methane47

calder said:
After skipping that one server I played a few games, no problems and very very fun just as I remember it. :) In a Zones map my stubborn ass kept getting killed by two enemy tanks so I jumped in a 'hawk and promptly remembered why I hate inverted U/D. :lol Still held on pretty well against numerous enemy fighters and basically had a blast. Can't wait for some GAF matches!

First thing I did after playing the game for 5 minutes was to take off the inverted U/D

S. L.

methane47 said:
First thing I did after playing the game for 5 minutes was to take off the inverted U/D
i have non inverted for on foot stuff
but land units and especially hawks i have inverted, how can you fly with non inverted controls? its just wrong

Raist

Banned
Did you guys tried jumping in a hawk on the passenger seat ?

One way ticket to boredom and most probably death :lol

There supposedly is some sort of access to a map that would display more stuff, but haven't found out how that works... or does it just automatically display more stuff on your mini map ? Not tio mention that you can already see most of teh stuff on your map...

Would have been cool if you could use the gun, while the pilot uses the missiles. Or if they had added a tail gun. But right now I don't really see the point :/

nofi

Raist said:

Yeah, only get in if you know the driver, and he definitely has a mic.

Xater

It can be useful when we play together to get a quickzone capture with 2 people or get 2 people to the flag in a fast way.

Raist

Banned
Well yeah... a mic.

I wonder if people don't have mics, don't know how to use it, or if voice chat is completely screwed.

But I guess it's the latter. On TTP' serv yesterday, I barely heard anyone speak. Then it worked very well during loadings.

They really need to fix this and improve the matchmaking system :/

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Raist said:

There supposedly is some sort of access to a map that would display more stuff, but haven't found out how that works... or does it just automatically display more stuff on your mini map ? Not tio mention that you can already see most of teh stuff on your map...

Would have been cool if you could use the gun, while the pilot uses the missiles. Or if they had added a tail gun. But right now I don't really see the point :/

Bringing on the map (SELECT) while on the passenger seat of a Warhawk shows EVERY unit on the map, friend or foe.

Besides, anyone noticed when you get into a Warhawk the pilot is actually rendered within the cockpit? Same with the passenger. It's a very low poly all-black 3D model but still a nice touch.

Ah, also noticed that standing on Warhawk wings for being lifted is much easier than in the beta. In the beta your character would slide around and eventyally go through the wings. In the final code it stays there, but obviously when the Warhawk has to be in hover mode and move slowly.

Yixian

Banned
nofi said:
Yeah, only get in if you know the driver, and he definitely has a mic.

Yeah word of warning to you noobs about this, if someone gets in your backseat, DON'T go on some solo meandering mission of pointless dogfights, get to point of interest, like the flag or a zone, fast and let the guy out. I end up having to suicide every time I get in and some fool thinks it's a good time to practice his general flight skills.

Raist

Banned
TTP said:
Ah, also noticed that standing on Warhawk wings for being lifted is much easier than in the beta. In the beta your character would slide around and eventyally go through the wings. In the final code it stays there, but obviously when the Warhawk is in hover mode and moving slowly.

I want a special item, Ratchet magnetic boots. Standing on a warhawk in fly mode should be a fun ride :lol

nofi

Raist said:
I want a special item, Ratchet magnetic boots. Standing on a warhawk in fly mode should be a fun ride :lol

It would be amazing to transport 10 people to the first zone in style, though. We should try it sometime.

We'd need a decent pilot, though, so I'd be on the left wing.

Raist

Banned
DoctorWho said:
Are the servers completely down right now? I can't get in at all.

Yup, stil down. What the hell are they doing. I've checked the official boards, they didn't post anything.

God, they really should learn from Insomniac :/

nofi

Raist said:
Yup, stil down. What the hell are they doing. I've checked the official boards, they didn't post anything.

God, they really should learn from Insomniac :/

Are we all playing on TTP's server tonight, then? It was shite last night with everyone split over about 5 servers.

Aleman

Safe Bet said:
Just thought of something...

PLEASE LET ME MAP THE CONTROLS

thx

Yep, my hands are getting tired in the tank. R2 for accelerate, R1 to fire, and right joystick to aim. That's a lot for one hand.

TTP said:
Bringing on the map (SELECT) while on the passenger seat of a Warhawk shows EVERY unit on the map, friend or foe.

Thats great! So we could form a warhawk-intelligence group. They inform the attack warhawks and ground troops. That sounds cool! I did not what to do as passenger yesterday... so i died senseless.

besada

Banned
Yixian said:
Some GAFu-er with a headset needs to play Ode to Joy down the mic at the start of a game :D

Ride of the Valkyries (also the reason I now really, really, really, need custom soundtracks)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
A pic of the pilot I was referring to in the previous post

61lp26r.jpg

cilonen

nofi said:
Are we all playing on TTP's server tonight, then? It was shite last night with everyone split over about 5 servers.

I'll try! depending on password/GAFu invites working/servers behaving - not that I mean Xater & TTP aren't on top of it, rather hoping that everything at Incognito's end is sorted so they can run things OK.

Xater

nofi said:

When the server is up I will be on it. We should try out to transport somebody on the wings of a Warhawk.

nofi

Xater said:
When the server is up I will be on it. We should try out to transport somebody on the wings of a Warhawk.

Lovely. I'll not be on until later again, 10.30pm GMT ish, but I'll do some fancy tricks to make it worth your while.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Holy hell! This thread moves quicker than Pittsburgh Betty, the Welsch whore that can do things with her one good arm that make you forget about that thing on her neck.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Xater said:

I just took a vid of that to show you how "solid" it is now. I'm compressing it. Will youtube in 20 mins.

peacemountain said:
Thats great! So we could form a warhawk-intelligence group. They inform the attack warhawks and ground troops. That sounds cool! I did not what to do as passenger yesterday... so i died senseless.

Especially with the stealth upgrade.

Espionage FTW!

Raist

Banned
From the official EU boards

Hello there,

As you have no doubt noticed, the Warhawk servers have currently been taken offline for some unscheduled emergency maintenance.

The servers will be back online at around 5:00pm with a temporary solution which should correct the connectivity issues currently being experienced by some users

We apologise for this and thank you for your patience,
Lestrade.

:|

Top Bottom