• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

gcubed

dionysus said:
Last night made me realize I need lessons in warhawking. While I normally finish above 1 in K/D ratio on dogfight games and finish in the top 25%, playing against gaffers destroyed me.

Safebet and others just ate my lunch in a warhawk.

i'm not an awesome flier... that being said, there are some incredible people out there that just leave me speechless

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
TTP said:
Some info (add to the OP?)

THE GAFu SERVER
Hosted by: Your truly TTP/Bloody_Marcel

Name: GAFu
Type: Dedicated Unranked
Timezone: Europe GMT+1
Password: NOT the usual one. If you are a GAFu memeber, check the in-game clan message. Otherwise, kindly ask Xater via PM. Send money via PayPal if necessary.

Max players: 20

Team balance: ON
Team switching: ON
Friendly Fire: ON

Map rotation information:

01 - Archipelago / TDM (Dogfight)
02 - Badlands / ZONES
03 - Destroyed Capitol / TDM (Dogfight)
04 - Island Outpost / ZONES
05 - Eucadia / TDM (Dogfights)
06 - Archipelago / CTF
07 - Badlands / CTF
08 - Destroyed Capitol / ZONES
09 - Island Outpost / TDM (Dogfight)
10 - Eucadia / CTF

That's all.

Enjoy

Alex

I wish the SCEA servers weren't always full.

I also wish that out of 27 SCEA servers, more than *ONE* was 32 player. I can play eight player from player hosted, get that shit out of there.

besada

Banned
dionysus said:
Last night made me realize I need lessons in warhawking.

I was behind you last night, and saw you auger into the ground, and laughed so hard I hit a mountain. So if you find some lessons, send them to me:D

Xater

Ok now I get an error too when I want to send out any more invites. I think I am at exactly 30 invites now. I'm too lazy to count now.

So everyone who has not an invite yet has to be patient till it gets figured out. (Are you guys sure that the limit is not 30?)

Xater said:
Ok now I get an error too when I want to send out any more invites. I think I am at exactly 30 invites now. I'm too lazy to count now.

So everyone who has not an invite yet has to be patient till it gets figured out. (Are you guys sure that the limit is not 30?)

Welcome to my world, and Safe Bet's. I only got 22 invites out, 8 shy of your 30. This game needs a patch badly.

Anyone else angry that even with their crappy clan system, their is no party system allowing you to easily set up matches?

artist

Banned
Just bought 2 copies of WarHawk, couple of questions:

1. Can I turn off the players voice chat in the game?
2. Is there any other way of turning the plane sharply other than jerk the six axis?

Thanks

irfan said:
Just bought 2 copies of WarHawk, couple of questions:

1. Can I turn off the players voice chat in the game?
2. Is there any other way of turning the plane sharply other than jerk the six axis?

Thanks
there's a feature called search within the topic, use it

grate

UnholySpectacle said:
Anyone else angry that even with their crappy clan system, their is no party system allowing you to easily set up matches?

Yeah, it's frustrating.
I've been trying to use the clan member's list to join fellow gaffers who are online.
Seems like half the time they are still on the server, and the other half of the time the server is reporting incorrect info. I guess they could have dropped from the server in the 30 seconds it took to join the game, but it still seems pretty shaky.

Hopefully they release a patch to address some of these issues, and also to allow for group matchmaking.

On a side note, I'll be out of town for the Labor day weekend so you won't see me online too much until next week.

kaching said:
64 is the stated max, straight from the developer's mouth. Wonder why 30 is the current limit.

That does not make any sense since it won't even let me send out 30 invites. Safe Bet said he sent out under 30 too. This is an Incog issue, if it was set at 30 I should have been able to send out 30.

artist

Banned
WasabiKing said:
there's a feature called search within the topic, use it
I could be using the wrong keywords but tried that and of no use.

You could have typed up a response to one of the q rather than witty one-liner. I guess thats hip these days, huh? ;)

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
UnholySpectacle said:
That does not make any sense since it won't even let me send out 30 invites. Safe Bet said he sent out under 30 too. This is an Incog issue, if it was set at 30 I should have been able to send out 30.
I just mean that 30 seems to be the absolute max at this point, for whatever reason. Xater was able to hit 30, notwithstanding the problems you're having sending out even less than that.

jjasper

I haven't had any crashes yet but it is almost impossible for me to get into a game as they will say it is full unless I try to join one that is like 10 out of 30 or so.

Also the I don't know if my mic was working at all last night, I never heard anyone talk.

It is a lot of fun when you play, but damn I wish sony would drop this bs or rooms and just do match making.

indie85

Banned
haha, I think I had one of my all time favourite gaming moments just now. zooming along in a tank and this warhawk targets me, I try to get him with the turrent but its no good, so I get out and pop him with my machine gun, which is effective and he knows it and just as his plane is about to die he lands, BUT by this time my machine gun ammo is out and all i have left is my pistol, he comes firing with rocket launcher and machine gun, and there we were both dancing around firing. Somehow I managed to take him down with just my pistol, it was hilarious :lol

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
UnholySpectacle said:
Same thing that is going on with all the clans, the game is screwy and won't let people send out clan invites. PATCH PLEASE!

How are some people in GAFe? When did the invites were sent out?

cilonen

That last GAFu capture the flag on archipelago was awesome, really intense. Oh, and I suck at dogfights :)

Need to grab food now though, cheers for the games guys.

neojubei said:
How are some people in GAFe? When did the invites were sent out?

Invites went out on Wednesday night, but it only let me send out under half of the PSN IDs I had. Basically, if you happened to be on the first part of my list you got in, if not, you are out of luck till they patch it.

woohoo! ranked 8500th in the world!.....I suck :lol

Edit: Protip, Warhawks don't like it when you lock on with a turret/rocket launcher but don't fire! Hold fire until they exhaust boost etc. then go for the kill if you can!

dralla

wow, according to the leader boards there's already over 45,000 people playing. to put than into perspective, socom 2 in it's prime had 30-40K players. that was with a huge PS2 install base

Things I learnt on GAFu server today:

1) If you’re in a vehicle your closest enemy always has a landmine, a flamethrower and at least 3 rocket rounds.
2) Tanks cannot make the jump near the western base in archipelago. Attempting said jump in tank will only result in humiliation.
3) Hiding in the enemy base with only a knife and a bunch of grenades is the most satisfying thing ever.

Also, is it just me or dose the archipelago map remind anyone else of a really old cancelled game? It’s been nagging at me all day but I cant for the life of me remember what the game was called. I think it was a 3rd person shooter of some sort and all the maps were made up of islands floating high in the sky.

calder

King Of Braves said:
2) Tanks cannot make the jump near the western base in archipelago. Attempting said jump in tank will only result in humiliation.
:lol Yeah I tried that too, and so did at least a few other people when I was playing early in the beta. It looks almost doable, until you start falling and you realize that there was absolutely no chance.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
UnholySpectacle said:
Invites went out on Wednesday night, but it only let me send out under half of the PSN IDs I had. Basically, if you happened to be on the first part of my list you got in, if not, you are out of luck till they patch it.

Welll i was in then all of a sudden i was out,

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
King Of Braves said:
:lol Learned that back in the beta. I've tried to tell a few people in the final release not to do it but they always jump anyway. Everybody's gotta learn for themselves, I guess.

methane47

King Of Braves said:

PSHHhhhh I've made that jump in the tank once before... (seriously i have) I did the jump... and I hit the edge of the ground below... turrent first into the ground and then the tank rolled over onto its roof... to safety :D...

The second time i did it though... Wasn't so lucky... then i tried to jump it on foot... that didn't work either... So now i only do it with the jeep

neojubei said:
Welll i was in then all of a sudden i was out,

Yes, because I disbanded the clan to see if I could restart it without any problems but by the time I got down near your name it was not letting me send invites again. I think more people got in on my first try. :(

KGKK

Banned
Today was my last day of work since my co-op term has ended. Got to leave work early today with pay:D Anyways any GAF games up right now?

Top Bottom