• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warriors Orochi 3 |OT| The second-worst game featuring Ryu Hayabusa out this week

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So to get Lianshi to unlock to get Lu Meng, you have to actually go by her on the map. Even though you've already broken the spell and she'd turned. That's pretty dumb but whatever. It's all taken care of now, and I've got one of my main 3 from Orochi 1 and 2

char_63370rslkw.jpg

Once my Amazon credit comes through, I think I'll be buying this.

What does everyone think of DW: Gundam 2&3 though? I liked things about the first one but ultimately got kind of annoyed with some of the boss fights.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Once my Amazon credit comes through, I think I'll be buying this.

What does everyone think of DW: Gundam 2&3 though? I liked things about the first one but ultimately got kind of annoyed with some of the boss fights.

The boss fights were pretty dumb. The only thing that annoys me on this one is I feel like enemy damage scales weird. Like a character who's barely hurting me with normal attacks will suddenly kill me with a musou. And the enemy in this game are as aggressive as they are in DWG3.

I'd say they're more aggressive than Assassin's Creed guys but not as much as the typical character action game. Bows will tear you up over time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
In WO1 I'd always bring two lowbie characters with my main one to level them up. Does that still work? It seems like the exp drops make it so you have to switch to the character and pick them up.

If anyone feels like adding me at some point so I can play some online co-op for them (I want to play it so that I can write my experience with the feature on my review) add me on PSN.

PSN ID: Krigoth

Shadow780

Doesn't really matter that much in the end, in WOZ I had more exp pts to distribute in the process of maxing out proficiencies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man, I'm LOVING Nobunaga's new moves. Finally has a C5, and his R1 makes up for his ever-shitty Musou by making him INVINCIBLE and powering up his sword. And his dialogue is just as boss as ever, too.

blind51de

Banned
I hope enough copies of this sell (or download) that they put up an english dub as DLC.

Granted, it won't happen. But it'd be nice if the numbers were that good in the end.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I hope enough copies of this sell (or download) that they put up an english dub as DLC.

Granted, it won't happen. But it'd be nice if the numbers were that good in the end.

Ugh, man, please...let's not go down that road. I've seen too many other WO3 discussions destroyed by talk of the lack of an English dub/"Will there ever be English DLC?!".

EYEL1NER

Man, I'm LOVING Nobunaga's new moves. Finally has a C5, and his R1 makes up for his ever-shitty Musou by making him INVINCIBLE and powering up his sword. And his dialogue is just as boss as ever, too.

Good to hear he is a beast, er, demon.
But he's not available from the start right? It seems like I saw someone earlier mention that (possibly you).
I'd not, I'll need to work towards getting him quick. I typically use him a lot (and Hanzo, got any feedback on him yet?).

Thanks for putting up so much info ITT. I enjoy reading it, although it makes the wait for Amazon to ship my copy that much more painful.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Good to hear he is a beast, er, demon.
But he's not available from the start right? It seems like I saw someone earlier mention that (possibly you).
I'd not, I'll need to work towards getting him quick. I typically use him a lot (and Hanzo, got any feedback on him yet?).

Thanks for putting up so much info ITT. I enjoy reading it, although it makes the wait for Amazon to ship my copy that much more painful.

Yeah, you don't get Nobunaga until pretty late in the story. Same with Hanzo, unfortunately. Haven't gotten around to using Hanzo yet.

And, glad to know someone's enjoying my ramblings on various characters. :lol

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
This is my first Orochi game and I seriously love it. Having more fun with it than I did with any other Warriors game. Think I'll import Orochi Z once I finish this up or feel like I've done what I've wanted to.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Get ready to get mad near the end of the game.

I want to know the moron who thought it would be good to put in a
turret sequence

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Get ready to get mad near the end of the game.

I want to know the moron who thought it would be good to put in a
turret sequence

Are you talking about when
you fight the single Hydra head
? Because that was pretty easy. Though I'm sure that's not the last time you fight it in that manner.

Also, I know I've already brought up how awesome Lianshi is, but it just has to be stated again. DAMN. I'm one-shotting generals with her Musou at Lv. 32 on Hard. Put a bunch of Blast on her crossbow and watch shit drop in one shot. It's pretty ridiculous.

Left it downloading last night when I went to sleep, hope to play this weekend.

Also, for people who were talking about the Zill game, there's a demo on PSN (also downloaded), so maybe I'll pick that up too. Had never heard of it before, but you guys gushed enough that I have to check it out now...

Mrbob

She's had'em back since 7.

Hah, shows how much I've paid attention since she got the bow instead. I was so angry my favorite character got nerfed I stopped paying attention to the series for awhile!

Game is awesome btw. Played a couple hours this morning! Gotta set up dream triple team!

Ryu and Sun Shang Xiang are guaranteed slots once I unlock them, but I'll still need a 3rd! Maybe I'll make the 3rd slot a rotating position!

matmanx1

Will pick this up once I clean out my backlog a little bit. Warriors Orochi on the psp was actually my favorite hack n' slash until Gundam 3 hit. These Orochi games are huge and fun.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Are you talking about when
you fight the single Hydra head
? Because that was pretty easy. Though I'm sure that's not the last time you fight it in that manner.

Also, I know I've already brought up how awesome Lianshi is, but it just has to be stated again. DAMN. I'm one-shotting generals with her Musou at Lv. 32 on Hard. Put a bunch of Blast on her crossbow and watch shit drop in one shot. It's pretty ridiculous.

There's another one. It's a good bit worse, esp when the autofire on the basic attack doesn't want to work the first three times

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh, so, tried out online last night. There's still definite sync issues, but they're nowhere near as bad as they were in DW7. The online system on the whole, though, is just weird and confusing. Koei apparently has no idea what lobbies are.

Marvie_3

Banned
Oh, so, tried out online last night. There's still definite sync issues, but they're nowhere near as bad as they were in DW7. The online system on the whole, though, is just weird and confusing. Koei apparently has no idea what lobbies are.
I never found a single person online to play DW7 with despite trying many times. We need to get GAF lists going for online play.

horsebird

Banned
How do costume unlocks work in this game? I just unlocked Kiyomasa Kato and I'm wondering if he has more than two outfits. Dude is such a boss, lovin' his playstyle. I main him, Zhou Tai, and Deng Ai, but I'll be replacing Deng with a more dynamic character (I'm thinking Shuten Doji once I unlock him).

Is there any benefit to taking recommended squads in story campaigns? I've been ignoring the recommended parties because I just don't find a lot of those characters interesting, but if there is an impact to unlocked characters or rewards, I'll spend some points leveling those characters.

I quite like the Weapon store and the Fusion process. Makes it that much easier to take a new character into battle and have him/her be effective. I also like how attribute bonuses stack, and that you can move them onto higher-tiered weapons as you progress so that your old weaponry isn't worthless. Can I overwrite attributes if I wanted? For example, if I unlocked a character's ultimate weapon (do these still exist?) and used up a slow on Harmony+*, would I be able to replace it with something once I've maxed out proficiency?

I'm planning on grinding the hell out of this tomorrow. If anyone would like to join, send me a pm! I'm on the East Coast and will probably be online all day.

Left it downloading last night when I went to sleep, hope to play this weekend.

Also, for people who were talking about the Zill game, there's a demo on PSN (also downloaded), so maybe I'll pick that up too. Had never heard of it before, but you guys gushed enough that I have to check it out now...

zill is great. my favorite game from these guys right now.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I love that you can get 4* and joke/"big star" weapons through the Lottery. It's really like getting a "booster pack" of weapons. Great addition to the game.

I love that you can get 4* and joke/"big star" weapons through the Lottery. It's really like getting a "booster pack" of weapons. Great addition to the game.

*Has flashbacks to spamming lottery tickets in BASARA games, then reloading until I got the stuff I wanted from them* IT'S DEJA VU TIME BITCHES!

horsebird

Banned
*Has flashbacks to spamming lottery tickets in BASARA games, then reloading until I got the stuff I wanted from them* IT'S DEJA VU TIME BITCHES!
I'm totally going to do this when it comes time to play the lottery. I'm pretty sure it'd be a waste if I used them now.

All alts are unlocked by raising them to A rank I believe.
Cool! I thought it was a question of character level because I coincidentally unlocked all 4 of Zhou Tai's outfits (which were disappointing in that they're all quite inferior to his boss status default costume) after hitting 20 with him. I used points to level Kiyomasa and was confused when I got nothing. I hear not all characters have 4 costumes, though, so maybe it's only the two for Kiyo.

Are crystals or lottery tickets something I should be hoarding? I'm a total cheapskate when it comes to vidyagame items and haven't spent any yet. I only started distributing level points because I hit the max.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Don't worry about hoarding lottery tickets too much. I've run through a bunch of them so far (probably close to 30 or 40), and I still have like 10 left.

Top Bottom