• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warriors Orochi 3 |OT| The second-worst game featuring Ryu Hayabusa out this week

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
At higher levels, Zhou Tai's musou just kills EVERYTHING. I mean everything. I nearly beat the robot character when it was 'Super Lu bu'ing with it, and that's not supposed to be possible

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
At higher levels, Zhou Tai's musou just kills EVERYTHING. I mean everything. I nearly beat the robot character when it was 'Super Lu bu'ing with it, and that's not supposed to be possible

Same with Lianshi's Musou. Beat Susano'o with it in the first stage you encounter him in, where beating him isn't supposed to be possible.

Wow I'm disappointed with the online setup in this game. I had a few friends I wanted to go through the story co-oping with, but when I just tried it now you can only select stages you have previously beaten.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wow I'm disappointed with the online setup in this game. I had a few friends I wanted to go through the story co-oping with, but when I just tried it now you can only select stages you have previously beaten.

Koei wasn't even able to get campaign running in DW:G3. This is still a huge step up

Koei wasn't even able to get campaign running in DW:G3. This is still a huge step up

This is true, however can't you play through all of Conquest / Chronicle Mode online co-op in DW7 regardless of if you beat the stage before or not and done online campaign co-op in DW7:XL (w/ Mixjoy of whatever it's called in that)?

i wish there was an Asuras wrath multiple bro fist gif, the Trinity Souls of Zill O love is beautiful. Hidden gem indeed.

You need 22gb regardless, otherwise you'll have to download 11gb twice like my sorry arse.. :(

But I've got it now, so whatever.

The way around needing 22 gigs is opting NOT to background download. just let it go, visit relatives and when you comeback i think it even auto installs it for you!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Maxed out that Zhou Tai/Achilles bromance.

Don't know what it does other than the little random save me attack

I just completed the first stage. Everything looks great so far. Came across a pop-in issues when there are thousands of troops in front of you. I got like 2000 kills in the stage!! Oh, I love Musou games!

I like the desperation feel of the first stage, where everything feels like a lost cause. The main camp is a nice touch too. Reminds me Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce (which I enjoyed as well)

I wonder if there's a powered-up Lu Bu in this game. I love those old DW stories of a how they mowed down generals like flies...till they met up with the "cockroach". LOL

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just completed the first stage. Everything looks great so far. Came across a pop-in issues when there are thousands of troops in front of you. I got like 2000 kills in the stage!! Oh, I love Musou games!

I like the desperation feel of the first stage, where everything feels like a lost cause. The main camp is a nice touch too. Reminds me Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce (which I enjoyed as well)

I wonder if there's a powered-up Lu Bu in this game. I love those old DW stories of a how they mowed down generals like flies...till they met up with the "cockroach". LOL

Lu Bu's kind of a punk bitch in this one

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Alright, gonna write up some random character musings.

Lianshi: Absolutely the most broken character I've played with so far. +10 Blast and +10 Brawn on her fully maxed "big star" weapon (8 + 54 ATK) makes her an absolute long-range killing machine. I can one-shot generals with her running normal attack. Absolutely insane.

Nobunaga: Got a definite buff from WO2. His R1 makes him invincible (completely invincible, no hitstun at all), and his new C5 is great for one-on-one fights.

Joan of Arc: A bit disappointing, really. Her C3 is just slow and...really bad, and the rest of her moveset isn't terribly exciting.

Ranmaru Mori: Even more androgynous than he was in WO2. Desperately needs Agility on his weapon, otherwise you'll get knocked out of just about every attack you try to do. Still awesome, though.

Zhou Tai: His old, completely broken R1 from WO2 is now his C1, but the speed on it has been super-nerfed so it can't be exploited anymore. Doesn't matter though, since the rest of his moveset is outright awesome (his C3 in particular is badass). His Musou is one of the better ones in the game, as well.

Ryu Hayabusa: IZUNA DROP IZUNA DROP IZUNA DROP IZUNA DROP

Nene: Woo Nene! <3 She got a bit of a nerf from WO2, since her R1 (Nene Ninpo) isn't free anymore, rendering it kinda useless, but she did get a new C5 that's great for fighting generals. Still one of my favorite characters to play due to her speed and range.

Sun Shangxiang: Still awesome. Her new R1 is kinda broken, but I still think her old bow R1 from WO2 was even more broken. Her chakrams being gigantic now gives her a lot more range than before. And her Musou is still the most fun one to do in the entire game (stompin' fools faces in!).

Xiaoqiao: More fun to play than I thought she'd be. Her C3 fucks generals up pretty bad, and her Musou is awesome too. Voice can be a bit grating at times, though (HIIIIIIIIIIIIIII~!, GANBAREMAAAAAAASU~!).

Ayane: Er, yes, tits...I mean, um...yeah. She's kinda similar to the other female ninjas (Nene and Kunoichi), except her combos are longer and her normals are SUPER FAST. Like, so fast that I frequently have trouble doing her charge moves, since it's so easy to lose track of where you are in her combo. Has a lot of her old DOA moves, which is a nice touch. Her Musou is great, and hits really hard too.

Well, that's it for now. Will write up more later.

horsebird

Banned
The way around needing 22 gigs is opting NOT to background download. just let it go, visit relatives and when you comeback i think it even auto installs it for you!
Nope. That's exactly what I did the first time around. The HD ran out of space during the install, and the system deleted the install while keeping ~5GB of garbage data. Not sure if that's the fault of Sony or Koei. Thinking the former, but what's done is done.

I'm a little confused about Charge Attacks. If used in a combo (e.g. square, triangle, triangle) are they still classified as such? Trying to figure out which Attributes to keep.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Nope. That's exactly what I did the first time around. The HD ran out of space during the install, and the system deleted the install while keeping ~5GB of garbage data. Not sure if that's the fault of Sony or Koei. Thinking the former, but what's done is done.

I'm a little confused about Charge Attacks. If used in a combo (e.g. square, triangle, triangle) are they still classified as such? Trying to figure out which Attributes to keep.

Yep, any Triangle attack is classified as a Charge, no matter when you do it.

And for anyone who is confused about the notation for Charges:

C1 is your basic Triangle attack. C2 is Square, Triangle. C3 is Square, Square, Triangle. And so on and so forth.

horsebird

Banned

C1 is your basic Triangle attack. C2 is Square, Triangle. C3 is Square, Square, Triangle. And so on and so forth.
Oh, gosh. That's fantastic. I just found out you can replace Attributes, too, which is a boon.

How about taking recommended squads into battle vs your custom team?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh, gosh. That's fantastic. I just found out you can replace Attributes, too, which is a boon.

How about taking recommended squads into battle vs your custom team?

Recommended squads are only there for story purposes. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Go through the stages with whoever you want first, then go back and do the recommended teams if you want to.

horsebird

Banned
Recommended squads are only there for story purposes. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Go through the stages with whoever you want first, then go back and do the recommended teams if you want to.

Good stuff! Thanks for all the answers. I shall continue to beast with my squad of choice, then.

Oh, what's up with the really weak looking special weapons in the store that also have crystal costs attached to them? Do they start off weak but develop into ultra weapons or something?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Good stuff! Thanks for all the answers. I shall continue to beast with my squad of choice, then.

Oh, what's up with the really weak looking special weapons in the store that also have crystal costs attached to them? Do they start off weak but develop into ultra weapons or something?

Yep.

I have Lianshi's "big star" weapon, and it's stats max out at 8 + 54. Ridiculously high.

Does anyone know how the endings work? Going by the trophy lists I see for the game
you have a normal, good and true ending. I just want to make sure I don't mess something up that keeps me from getting one of the lower endings if it's based on something like characters unlocked / character bonds or something of that nature.

Also, for people who have moves like Square, Triangle, Triangle, Triangle that would be referred to as C2-3.

From what I can tell I think it's basically just that some (all?) of those recommended characters will have special dialogue with different people you come across in the stage.

Yep.

I have Lianshi's "big star" weapon, and it's stats max out at 8 + 54. Ridiculously high.
Yeah, I believe all of the big star weapons are +54 when maxed so they often end up being stronger than the 4 star, personal ultimate weapons. The draw back is 4 stars start out strong, these are weak and take a while to build up before you get that +54.

horsebird

Banned
Yep.

Yeah, I believe all of the big star weapons are +54 when maxed so they often end up being stronger than the 4 star, personal ultimate weapons. The draw back is 4 stars start out strong, these are weak and take a while to build up before you get that +54.

Gotcha. I didn't realize there were 4 star weapons in addition to that. I guess I'll start leveling those. Anyone wanna grind for crystals?

kiryogi

Banned
Does anyone know how the endings work? Going by the trophy lists I see for the game
you have a normal, good and true ending. I just want to make sure I don't mess something up that keeps me from getting one of the lower endings if it's based on something like characters unlocked / character bonds or something of that nature.

You can't miss any of the endings.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Also, for people who have moves like Square, Triangle, Triangle, Triangle that would be referred to as C2-3.

From what I can tell I think it's basically just that some (all?) of those recommended characters will have special dialogue with different people you come across in the stage.

There's a thing on Koei Warriors where someone maxed out a 4 star and a big star. 4 star's one point higher in damage, so they're slightly better

You can't miss any of the endings.

Ok, thanks. That's the only thing I was really worried about when it came to platinuming this. I've had it happen in games with multiple endings / one time only events before and didn't wanna have to do something stupid like restart from scratch if I wanted to see them all because of a dumb setup here. Glad to know it's not the case.

There's a thing on Koei Warriors where someone maxed out a 4 star and a big star. 4 star's one point higher in damage, so they're slightly better

Who's was it? I thought that they are generally close but a lot, yet not all, of the big star ones end up being better in the long run. Either way both should be able to tackle Chaos just fine when set up properly.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Not all 4 star weapons are better than the big star weapons. It all depends on the character. Take Sima Zhao for example:

4-star: Celestial Fang- 33+18 (52)
Big Star: Radiant Sword- 9+54 (63)

It all depends on what the base attack of their 4 star is. Anybody with a base of less than 45 on their 4 star is going to be better off using the big star.

kuroshiki

I still have no idea why Koei decided to put THAT character from Trinity instead of this character.

tumblr_lzr3p4Dhas1r0lwogo1_500.png

Come on, we have more than enough spear character already darn it.

Shadow780

The only problem is koei doesn't usually make DLC characters. They make DLC costumes, but not DLC characters.

That's why it sucks. -_-

yeah that's true but WO is perfect for this kind of thing since they're not bounded by historical context. I want some DOA gurls in here too~

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's just as many dagger characters as spears.

Muneshige's pretty fun. Been unlocking the bonds characters now

kuroshiki

yeah that's true but WO is perfect for this kind of thing since they're not bounded by historical context. I want some DOA gurls in here too~

Well maybe for WO4. It's been almost 4 months since the release of WO3 in Japan and not a single character DLC has been announced. The more frustrating thing is omega force already has all the graphic/ motion data for her. All they need is just use moveset of diao chan. =X

There's just as many dagger characters as spears.

Muneshige's pretty fun. Been unlocking the bonds characters now

You have no idea what you are talking about. She's a whip user.

edit: Oops. Looks like her main weapon is sickle.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Well maybe for WO4. It's been almost 4 months since the release of WO3 in Japan and not a single character DLC has been announced. The more frustrating thing is omega force already has all the graphic/ motion data for her. All they need is just use moveset of diao chan. =X

You have no idea what you are talking about. She's a whip user.

And you have no idea what you're talking about. He uses a trident.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Randomly decided to start leveling a team of Kunoichi, Hanzo, and Cao Pi. Going pretty well so far. Even warming up to Kunoichi, who I generally considered for the longest time to be an inferior version of Nene (or rather, considered Nene to be a superior version of Kunoichi). Hanzo is pretty much the same as he's always been. And I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually MISS Cao Pi's DW6 moveset, with the Longsword. It was pretty much the only good new moveset in DW6. His DW7 Dual Sword moveset is okay though. Closer to his old DW5 Darth Maul weapon thing, I guess.

Lianshi: Absolutely the most broken character I've played with so far. +10 Blast and +10 Brawn on her fully maxed "big star" weapon (8 + 54 ATK) makes her an absolute long-range killing machine. I can one-shot generals with her running normal attack. Absolutely insane.

So I unlocked Lianshi, increased her to level 20 using gems.....eager to try out after your recommendation. Bought some 3-star weapon and went to some 3-star stage. Mooks dropped at a decent speed, while the general not so. But whatever, she did pretty well. Interesting moveset and such.

When I went back to camp, only then did I realize that I forgot to equip her 3-star weapon. She was actually using her default 1 star weapon, and I still wasn't breaking a sweat then. Then I equipped her with her 3-star weapon and she proceed to mow everything down. The 3-star weapon isn't even fused with much abilities yet!

I can see how broken this Lianshi is. Any other nice characters to recommend?

Easily my most favorite Warriors game so far, the only way that Warriors Orochi 4(or XL if it happened) could out do this would be with Gundam and Fist of the North Star characters.

Oh man, that'd be hilarious.

Easily my most favorite Warriors game so far, the only way that Warriors Orochi 4(or XL if it happened) could out do this would be with Gundam and Fist of the North Star characters.

Oh man, that'd be hilarious.

Kamille's a man's name, and I'm already dead!

Quick questions:

How do you get crystals?

What do you get for completing character missions? (speaking of which, you DO have to complete said missions with the specific character shown beside it, correct? So if you didn't bring that character, you cant do that mission?)

Do not all characters have 4 costumes? Because I haven't gotten a 3rd for some characters despite them being leveled up and played a lot.

Top Bottom