• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate |OT| Releasing Before Capcom Sues For A Game With Cameos

5cDLwkk.jpg

pQJXRFJ.png

SUMMARY:
  • Developer: Omega Force
  • Publisher: Koei Tecmo
  • Platforms: PS3 (PSN Only for all regions)/ Vita (PSN Only for all regions)/ PS4 (Retail and PSN for all regions)/ Xbox One (all regions)
  • Release Date:
  • JP: September 26, 2013 (PS3/Vita) / June 26, 2014 (PS4) / September 04, 2014 (Xbox One)
  • NA: September 02, 2014 (PS3/Vita/PS4/Xbox One)
  • EU/AU: September 05, 2014 (PS3/Vita/PS4/Xbox One)
  • Audio: JPN audio only, English Subs

The 3rd re-release of the original Warriors Orochi 3, which takes characters from the Dynasty Warriors games and the Samurai Warriors games and place them with original characters in a new storyline. Now, this includes the original game plus a sequel story with more characters including guests characters from other series plus all new gameplay features. In addition, there are new modes for even longer Musou playing.

FAQ:
So what is this?
It's the 3rd (yes 3rd, a PSP, a WiiU and now everything else) release of Warriors Orochi 3. Just adds more characters, more shiny new moves and more hours of things to do!

Can I transfer my save data?
From the vanilla game, sure. As usual Koei-Tecmo has a page about it but it is generally the same method as how DW8 was. Some applies with the DLC with the usual time delay for them to actually release it and probably the same amount of compatibility errors between having your DLC work for the Ultimate games. You are unable to transfer your date from the WiiU game and I believe Koei forgot there was a 360 version for saved data.

What's the difference of this game between the other Musou games?
This one takes all the characters of Dynasty Warrriors and Samurai Warriors and throws in a bunch of new characters and guests characters in one basically fanfiction story. You go with a party of three characters that allow you to switch on the fly and is basically regarded as one of the best Musou games out there.

Does this include anything from Dynasty Warriors 8 or Samurai Warriors 4?
Nope, this originally came out before Samurai Warriors 4 came out and Koei was too lazy to really change any of the Dynasty Warriors characters for 8.

Here's the OT for the first game
And we have a fun Warriors Series Community Thread too!

aId4cYA.png

NEW FEATURES:
  • Duel Mode from Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper: A 3 vs 3 team battles mode where you use strategy cards to duel opponents in a fighting game-like format
  • Gauntlet Mode: Choose 5 characters and work your way through different stages like a dungeon crawler to find the exit and go deeper into the world. Exploring the depths can net you rare weapons, materials and equipment for your characters.
  • Two New Story Arcs: One that is set after the events of the original game featuring the new character, Tamamo and one that is set before the events of Warriors Orochi as it explains the origins of Orochi. Also includes additional sidestories of the new characters.
  • Musou Battlefields: More choices have been added to the create your own battlefield mode including being able to change the lines your characters say.
  • Aerial Special: Every character now has a new aerial R1 move.
  • Triple Rush: A new combo where each of your character can attack one after another following a charge attack.
  • New Battle Style: You can now have all three characters on the field at once instead of just the character you are controlling.
  • True Musou Burst: You can now activate all your teammates Musou attacks at once.
  • Horse whistling from DW8 is now in, you can now equip more items and you have a separate saddle slot, new weapons can be acquired, you can now change your characters colors of their clothing and characters can now be reincarnated to gain more levels and stats.

Da04NAd.png

NEW CHARACTERS:
1w9tkJ5.png

Kasumi: From Dead or Alive 5. The successor of the Mugen Tenshin Ninja Clan, a certain incident forced her to leave her village behind, never to return, and live her life in fear of being constantly hunted.
OLWbN8E.png

Momiji: From Ninja Gaiden. A kunoichi from Hayabusa Village, she is an expert in ninjutsu and the martial arts.
GuroIc7.png

Rachel: From Ninja Gaiden. A "Fiend Hunter" whose incredible strength due to the Demon Blood flowing through her veins betrays her unparalleled beauty.
RlB51Er.png

Sophitia: From Soul Calibur. A holy warrior and mother of two that was sent on a mission by the Olympian god of smithing, Hephaestus, to destroy the evil sword known as Soul Edge.
Xbvp5yd.png

Sterkenburg: From Atelier Meruru. A former knight of the Kingdom of Arland, he goes by the name of Sterk.
23LDmOS.png

Xu Shu: From Dynasty Warriors 7E. A strategist for Shu that was forced to join Wei due to a plot from Cao Cao involving his mother.
F3NO7P9.png

Nezha: A young officer from the Mystic Realm, he was originally born in the area that straddled the realms of both humans and mystics, but his skill in battle led him to be welcomed into the Mystic Army.
sFvSl5s.png

Seimei Abe: The most brilliant sorcerer and diviner in the Heian era. Although young, he is extremely powerful, being highly skilled in both astronomy and magic.
ibNaRQm.png

Shennong: A mystic who is an expert in agriculture and medicine, he possesses a semi-transparent body that allows him to see the effects various herbs have on him during his studies.
lizRrDC.png

Yinglong: An officer from the Mystic Realm's ancient past, he fought admirably alongside Fu Xi and the other mystics against the demon hordes.
eJXYHlf.png

Tamamo:A bewitching mystic that appeared following the defeat of the Hydra, she possesses an extremely high opinion of herself.
0aKlyRm.png

Kyubi no Kitsune: The famed nine taled fox of legends.
p0cFHTi.png

Hundun: Considered the source of all chaos

YVCmxyI.png

vNYmp7c.png

Videos:
Official Trailer
Duel Mode Trailer

kimtish

Neo Member
Sterk my boy. Main material right there. Heartbroken by the lack of a physical release (lmao) but this game looks so good I don't think I'll mind too much in the end.

Aizo

Banned
I got this free this month! I'm playing it right now, in fact.
Dakku, teach me how to unlock characters.

JPS Kai

Can't say anything on this but upon redeeming my review voucher, I received additional items for Sterk and Kaguya. Who's the latter from?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Can't say anything on this but upon redeeming my review voucher, I received additional items for Sterk and Kaguya. Who's the latter from?

Kaguya's an original character made for the game. There's a lot of those (like Nezha, Susano'o, Orochi, Da Ji, Taigong Wang, etc).

EDIT: Said characters still have their basis in mythology/legend, but aren't from any particular game. They're just in the WO series.

JPS Kai

Kaguya's an original character made for the game. There's a lot of those (like Nezha, Susano'o, Orochi, Da Ji, Taigong Wang, etc).

EDIT: Said characters still have their basis in mythology/legend, but aren't from any particular game. They're just in the WO series.

Gotcha. I played a *TON* of the original WO3 but I really don't remember much of the characters after the past couple years.

Should I go in with a nearly completed save, or start up from scratch?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Gotcha. I played a *TON* of the original WO3 but I really don't remember much of the characters after the past couple years.

Should I go in with a nearly completed save, or start up from scratch?

I wouldn't say there's any real reason to re-play everything you've already cleared. Plus you can get to the new content faster if you import your old save.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Actually the Vita version is free on Japanese PS+ right now.

Do stages, raises bonds for characters. Usually the unopened stages will mention who need to become closer to unlock them. It's actually kind of annoying raising bonds, lol

Ah, I see. Makes sense! And yeah, man...has raising bonds in ANY musou game ever been fun? It's always a huge pain in the ass in every game it's in. ESPECIALLY Gundam 2.

Also, thanks for putting the link to my OT for the first WO3 in the OP, dakku. Really appreciate it! :D

Sterk looks like he has pretty fun gameplay, only new character I'm really excited for. Still wish they'd go back and give characters like Musashi and Kojiro their C5's from SW2XL.

alexein

PREORDERED
i still got my save from wo3 and i got the platinum and this one too.
i'm sad i dont get the halloween or tokiden preorder bonus but cant beat 37€ on zavvi.

I'll main Sterk too.

Aizo

Banned
How? Don't think it's on PS+, unless you're in EU? Even then, don't recall that.
Review copy, I'm assuming.
Nah, nah. Japanese PS+.
Actually the Vita version is free on Japanese PS+ right now.
Do stages, raises bonds for characters. Usually the unopened stages will mention who need to become closer to unlock them. It's actually kind of annoying raising bonds, lol
Yeah, that's what I got for free. I had the original one, but getting Ultimate is nice. Too bad I have to do everything all over (my original copy is on 360). I just wanna get Sterk and Kasumi ;_;

Edit:
So what is this?
It's the 3rd (yes 3rd, a PSP, a WiiU and now everything else) release of Warriors Orochi 3.
Shouldn't this be 4th? It's the third re-release, which makes it the fourth release of Warriors Orochi 3.

Zhao_Yun

Thinking about getting this since the only Warriors titles I've played have been Dynasty Warriors titles and I want to change that. Only "problem" is that Samurai Warriors 4 looks intriguing as well. Which one should I get first Warriors-GAF?

Exr

Thinking about getting this since the only Warriors titles I've played have been Dynasty Warriors titles and I want to change that. Only "problem" is that Samurai Warriors 4 looks intriguing as well. Which one should I get first Warriors-GAF?
This is the definitive Warriors game regarding content and character size, Id get this.
Really excited for dungeon mode and the color edit. Great OP.

So the Vita version of this is supposed to be legit great right? Unlike DW8XL?

I'm trying to decide between portability and the beauty of the ps4 version, but within 2 months I'll also have Hyrule Warriors and then I'll probably jump on the PS4 version of Samurai Warriors 4...

Aizo

Banned
So the Vita version of this is supposed to be legit great right? Unlike DW8XL?

I'm trying to decide between portability and the beauty of the ps4 version, but within 2 months I'll also have Hyrule Warriors and then I'll probably jump on the PS4 version of Samurai Warriors 4...

I own the Vita version. Pretty ridiculous pop-in is present. Doesn't bother me too much, because that issue was present in vanilla (especially in local co-op). Also, it doesn't look like many enemies can be on screen at once. I forget the name, but when you do the attack in which your three characters run around, highlighting enemies in blue, then destroying them with a giant beam of light can only grab a handful of people in this version. As far as its general looks, though? It's fine, I think. I'm still playing it, so it obviously doesn't bug me too much. I would jump on PS4, if I were you. That sounds awesome (I have no PS4, and am envious).

Thanks for the response. In terms of pop-in/characters on screen/slowdown/etc, where would you put it in comparison to a ps2 or a ps3 dynasty warriors game?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Really looking forward to this. Played a bunch of Orochi 1 on PSP and Orochi 2 on 360, but never played the third game. Loved the PS4 port of DW8 and really excited to give this a shot alongside SW4(SW1+XL is probably my favorite of all the Musou games).

Aizo

Banned
Thanks for the response. In terms of pop-in/characters on screen/slowdown/etc, where would you put it in comparison to a ps2 or a ps3 dynasty warriors game?

Oh, man. I don't even remember. I was like 10 when I played DW2 and 3.The pop-in is worse than vanilla Warriors Orochi 3 on 360, if that helps. Enemies on screen... definitely better than PS2 era, I'd say. If the area doesn't have too much going on, there are quite a lot of enemies on screen. I haven't encountered bad slowdown, but I haven't been in heavy particle effect areas yet. Check it.

So if anyone gets this early, plus give me a heads up if Online Co-op has changed ;o

Gonna get my PS4 soon, so not gonna bother buying it for PS3.

They should have spread this out a little further from Samurai Warriors 4.

Oh well. Will buy both.

This should have come out months ago. Not sure why they waited so close to SW4 and Zelda.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Tomorrow's the day (for the US)! So ready for this.

And just like vanilla WO3, Sony completely forgot to list Ultimate in The Drop post for this week. =/

Korten

Banned
Question, so I know there's the PS4 version of Samurai Warriors 4 in October... Is it good get that instead? Whats the difference?

Question, so I know there's the PS4 version of Samurai Warriors 4 in October... Is it good get that instead? Whats the difference?

Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate is much better than SW4, even when you compare both PS4 ports. You practically have 98% of the SW4 cast in Orochi anyways, plus much more.

Enjoy peeps will be at the Hyrule Warriors thread, but yes the game's awesome but burnt out playing it fully twice lol, don't think I'll play it a 3rd unless PS4 drought is as bad as people say =P

So it's better to just go with Warriors Orochi 3U? Is their any character customization?

I'd go with Orochi 3U personally. Much more bang for your buck, far more versatile and deeper gameplay, the ability to switch between multiple characters midbattle on the fly.

Doesn't have create a character however, but SW4 has it if you were looking for that.

Korten

Banned
I'd go with Orochi 3U personally. Much more bang for your buck, far more versatile and deeper gameplay, the ability to switch between multiple characters midbattle on the fly.

Doesn't have create a character however, but SW4 has it if you were looking for that.

Hm... Really debating. I like making a character, but you do mention that Orochi 3U has much more. Like, exactly how much more content we talking?

Hm... Really debating. I like making a character, but you do mention that Orochi 3U has much more. Like, exactly how much more content we talking?
Like SM3 characters + DW7 characters + exclusive characters from other series and Orochi series, duel mode and edit battle mode.

Korten

Banned
Like SM3 characters + DW7 characters + exclusive characters from other series and Orochi series, duel mode and edit battle mode.

hm... Really at this point I am leaning towards Orochi 3U, the only thing holding me back is the lack of character customization. I have Dynasty Warriors NEXT on my Vita and that's one of my favorite parts. D:

Is there any form of customization?

hm... Really at this point I am leaning towards Orochi 3U, the only thing holding me back is the lack of character customization. I have Dynasty Warriors NEXT on my Vita and that's one of my favorite parts. D:

Is there any form of customization?
There's a change colours of warriors part I think that's been added for Ultimate:
5ZpVLsp.jpg

That's not in Hyper or the vanilla version, but I would say if you haven't played either DW8 or SW4 (quite obvious you haven't lol) at this point you won't find elements of WO3 feeling a bit old. As both those improved on their predecessor playing WO3 will feel slightly stiff and if you really want to create your own warrior better to go for SW4.

Son Of D

Sophitia is in this? That's a bit random. I can understand the Ninja Gaiden and DoA characters since Tecmo-Koei own the IPs. Same for Sterk, but I'm not so familiar with Atelier.

Korten

Banned
There's a change colours of warriors part I think that's been added for Ultimate:
5ZpVLsp.jpg

That's not in Hyper or the vanilla version, but I would say if you haven't played either DW8 or SW4 (quite obvious you haven't lol) at this point you won't find elements of WO3 feeling a bit old. As both those improved on their predecessor playing WO3 will feel slightly stiff and if you really want to create your own warrior better to go for SW4.

Well I guess it's why I'm conflicted. I LOVE character customization, but if WO3 is just a lot better than SW4, It may just be better for me to get WO3. More so if it has a lot more content.

Top Bottom