• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate |OT| Releasing Before Capcom Sues For A Game With Cameos

Pimpbaa

What's the verdict on the Vita port? They had a good track record of porting their games on the Vita up until DW8XL.

Korten

Banned
SW4 is going to have enhanced graphics like DW8 on PS4. This game is a pretty barebones port.

But regardless isn't WO3U have more content and such than SW4?

I am about to order WO3U for PS4, and I just want to make sure I'm not buying the inferior game...

Edit: What the hell, I ordered it. Seems like WO3U has more cool stuff anyway. I'll just get used to using pre-made character.

Pimpbaa

But regardless isn't WO3U have more content and such than SW4?

I am about to order WO3U for PS4, and I just want to make sure I'm not buying the inferior game...

WO3U might be the better game considering it's content (I certainly loved WO3 on PS3), but it's just such a lazy port especially considering what they did with DW8XL and SW4. If you don't care about the graphics that much, just go for WO3U.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Hows the Vita version looking?

It's great; I spent a lot of time with it last year and it runs very well.

Screens:
dT0IK7b.jpg
Abiw1XY.jpg

Wmk4oIo.jpg
tcuAOmw.jpg

8SxTHkr.jpg
AUSeIvt.jpg

mIzifvu.jpg
6mYupbK.jpg

5Lbu3nF.jpg

Hey Lyte, how does the enemy count hold up on the Vita version? Does the reduced numbers impact the game in any significant way? I've looked at some videos on youtube and the game seemed a little more "empty" but I'm hoping I was just looking at some dull videos/bad stages

mcz117chief

I am SUPER hyped for this game, I just hope it will be available in stores in our country and if not then I will just get it through amazon.

Excko

What game should I get? This one on PS4, on DW8XL complete on PS4. I never played any musou games, but they always intrigued me...

MoxManiac

So is anyone able to upload data for ps3 to ps4 transfer? The site says there is a title update that adds this but i can't find it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So is anyone able to upload data for ps3 to ps4 transfer? The site says there is a title update that adds this but i can't find it.

Koei's actually fucking this up big-time. The site said that there was supposed to be a title update on 7/31 that added the PS3 -> PS4/Vita upload functionality to vanilla WO3, but over a month later and it still hasn't happened yet.

Ashkeloth

What game should I get? This one on PS4, on DW8XL complete on PS4. I never played any musou games, but they always intrigued me...

The impressions I've read say that this one is the ultimate for character variety and is heralded as one of the better musou games, but is also older so may not be as visually impressive as DW8XLCE, especially since it's a straight up-port with very few adjustments, but I'd argue that you're doing something wrong if you're looking to musou games for good graphics.

Gameplay-wise, the age of this game also makes it feel a little stiffer than DW8XLCE.

One final thing to note is that DW8XLCE has english voices, whereas WO3U only has Japanese voices and subs. I'm not sure if that's a big deal to you, but I figure it's worth mentioning.

Ultimately, I'd recommend this just because it might be easier to get in to due to the amount of guest characters present. If the ancient Chinese/Japanese characters don't grab your attention, you'll probably find a guest character or two that fits your playstyle well.

Hystzen

I go with DW8XL it better introduction to series and not a half ass port. WO games are grindy as fuck with bond system which is his unlock characters. Only shit thing in DW8XL is free mode being pretty crap compared to old games it tends be kill x officer then kill commander. It used be better with counter plans and tricks with new events and quotes

Has Koei ever patched the online play issues for the Us Version of Dynasty Warriors 8 for Ps4? Last time we tried we would get random connection errors. That was a real kick in the teeth buying that day one specifically to play co-op since me and my buddy never got to in the vanilla 360 version thanks to the save wipe bug.

I was gonna pass on this due to getting burned on DW8(I like to play Musou games in co-op) but the $10 gift card + GCU discount pushed me to grab it. Gonna be all musoued out in the coming months. I just ordered the Euro import of Gundam Reborn, grabbed the Psn version of One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 when it was $7.50, Hyrule Warriors and Samurai Warriors 4 are both on preorder and if we aren't sticking to Koei I also just grabbed Kamen Rider Battride War, Gundam Breaker and Sengoku Basara 4.

So is the Color Edit something that needs to be unlocked?

And are there limits on when you can play as a color edited character? I hated how you couldn't change costumes during story mode of DW8...

So is the Color Edit something that needs to be unlocked?

And are there limits on when you can play as a color edited character? I hated how you couldn't change costumes during story mode of DW8...

You need to beat the new story mode once to unlock Color Edit.

I believe you could change costumes in story mode for WO3, so it should be same if it is basically like a new costume option to choose.

There are limits of what costumes you can color change. No DLC costumes and some of the guests characters can't be changed.

Mrbob

I came here to ask the same thing. There was no PS3 update so I couldn't transfer my save file to PS4.

GG Koei.

JPS Kai

I came here to ask the same thing. There was no PS3 update so I couldn't transfer my save file to PS4.

GG Koei.

I posted this before (somewhere. Might not have been Gaf) but my KT contact said the patch got pushed back to September 3rd.

Mrbob

I posted this before (somewhere. Might not have been Gaf) but my KT contact said the patch got pushed back to September 3rd.

Great. Whelp hopefully I can start playing this game sometime tomorrow then. Koei Tecmo USA so bad.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay yeah, I just checked. PS3 WO3U is 18.5GB on JPSN. There is no way the US version is a full 10.6GB bigger. Something isn't right here.

Okay yeah, I just checked. PS3 WO3U is 18.5GB on JPSN. There is no way the US version is a full 10.6GB bigger. Something isn't right here.

I wanna say dual audio but lol, it can't be 10 GB worth of English voices, lol

Maybe they screwed up on the compression of videos or something. :/

Orochi doesn't have English VA anyway.

Even weirder, the PS4 version is listed at 2.1MB.

So maybe the download sizes are wrong unless the PS4 version is just very expensive DLC costumes.

I think what's more troubling is that the patch for vanilla WO3 doesn't seem to be up for NA either. So unless Koei Tecmo America wants everyone to get the PS3 version of Ultimate to even use their vanilla save file, no one will really be playing this game :/

Thanks! Is the new story mode separate from the regular one? Does it take long to beat?

FYI game is up on Vita store!

Forgot to answer this.

Yes, its separate from the regular one I believe. Less stages than the original so it should be shorter...

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay, so someone on GameFAQs says that for some reason, the PS3 version has the original WO3 bundled with it in the package. Which makes no sense whatsoever. Someone screwed up somewhere.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Probably for versions on NA store and maybe EU as well, they are giving you a system requirement that may also tells you how much free space is needed to install the game as well, ala Wii U.

Nope. Like I said a couple posts up, the original WO3 is bundled in with Ultimate for some reason. That accounts for the extra 10GB. Makes no sense, since vanilla WO3 isn't required to play Ultimate. Someone at Sony messed up. :lol

fernoca

I want to buy a 'Warriors' game for PS4. Should I go with this one, the one that was released earlier or wait for the next one?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
game just got dispatched from shopto :p

I want to buy a 'Warriors' game for PS4. Should I go with this one, the one that was released earlier or wait for the next one?

If you want a more structured story, go for 8XL
If you like lotsa characters and don't mind the grind as much, go for this one
If you want to wait, either find one that's already out that might suit your needs a little better (Gundam fans get Gundam Reborn, and so on) or just go with one of the two.

I don't really get how remote play works for ps4/vita. Would streaming the ps4 game to the vita have better or worse performance than playing the vita version?

Also, did everything make it over to the English version or did they hold back patches/dlc again?

fernoca

If you want a more structured story, go for 8XL
If you like lotsa characters and don't mind the grind as much, go for this one
If you want to wait, either find one that's already out that might suit your needs a little better (Gundam fans get Gundam Reborn, and so on) or just go with one of the two.
Nice, thanks. Might go for this one since all I want is to beat tons of enemies at the same time in 1080p! XD

MoxManiac

Interesting note: back of package explicitly states that voices are in japanese only. Maybe this is what SCEA will mandate versus not allowing physical copies from now on?

Top Bottom