• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate |OT| Releasing Before Capcom Sues For A Game With Cameos

So it looks like the bonus for the digital versions are just two weapons, one for Sterk and one for Kagura.

Kinda lame that if you get the PS3/Vita version, there's no way to get the preorder costumes until later.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Um, so...I think someone SUPER fucked up.

I went back to PSN to check if there was any day-one DLC, and noticed this...

ekepfoH.png

Um...

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
And doing some reading around, it seems people trying to buy the PS4 digital version are getting the PS3 version instead.

What a shitshow Sony's handling of this game has been.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Um, so...I think someone SUPER fucked up.

I went back to PSN to check if there was any day-one DLC, and noticed this...

ekepfoH.png

Um...

Same problem with me. Bought PS4 version, its listed unavailable to download on my PS4(bonus DLC did download to my system), but I can download the PS3 version of the full game. On my PS4, if I go to the WO3 page in the PSN store, it says "Start" but says it can't find the game or files at all on the store or on my system.

Something got fucked up bad. Will be crazy pissed if somehow the PS3 version is the only one I am able to play.

Dahbomb

How many total characters are in this?

Seems like this has over a hundred characters.

Edit: NVM I saw the previous OT... so basically almost 150 characters!! ABSURD!!!

Edit: NVM I saw the previous OT... so basically almost 150 characters!! ABSURD!!!
And you'll have a favourite 12 that you will only play till you gotta build up certain character's bonds XD

are you guys able to download the PS4 version? (remotely via pc)

i only see in the download list and qeue the bonus stuff but not the game, also whats the size? i think it could be that

edit:

And doing some reading around, it seems people trying to buy the PS4 digital version are getting the PS3 version instead.

What a shitshow Sony's handling of this game has been.

im fucked.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I picked this up on PS4 (retail) and it's really a lot of fun. The time traveling premise fits really well with collecting a massive army. Great excuse to have endless battles. Also, now I see what people have meant when they said the crafting system was better than other Koei games.

The Gauntlet is also pretty great once you figure out WTF is going on. Though at first glance Duel Mode seems kind of boring, kind of like those forced attempts at a Vs mode in old side scrolling beat-em ups.

While the framerate doesn't stay locked at 60, it does at least run way better than Dynasty Warriors 8 on PS4 - that is a kind of trashy port, you can't even stand still and spin the camera without the framerate stuttering and hiccuping when nothing is on screen.

I do hope Samurai Warriors 4 is technically tightened up on PS4.

MoxManiac

So i'm thinking (and am no means sure about this) that the issue stems from the fact that according to PSN, PS4 WO3U (NA version) doesn't even exist (yet).

I can't sync my trophies and WO3U PS4 will not appear in the trophy list even though I earned a trophy for it (physical version, obv)

When I click on the trophy I earned through the notification tab, it takes me to the WO3U trophy list for PS3 and Vita..and not PS4.

I guess a switch wasn't flicked or something.

Can someone please tell me what's new over the Wii U version? I heard the Wii U version already had new stuff, so what's the newer stuff here?

shaowebb

All I need is Nemea <3
Though since its a 3 person team my others will just be Xu Shu, and Ne Zha

Can someone please tell me what's new over the Wii U version? I heard the Wii U version already had new stuff, so what's the newer stuff here?

Basically everything in the New Features of the OT expect the Duel mode. Plus a bunch of new characters too.

It's more of a significiant upgrade from Hyper to Ultimate than from the vanilla game to Hyper.

Couple of questions:

1. How do you unlock
Sterk

2. What is the blue meter under the character icons and how do you spend it?

3. What is the difference between having your team out fighting with you or not? Is there a reason to do one over the other?

Same problem with digital version on PSN. Download only gives me the dlc. I get a start option but it says it can't find the application. The game is also not in my library. Called Sony support and the guy said that this was weird and said the only thing he could do was refund the money back to my psn wallet. So I'm trying to decide to either go out and get a physical copy, or wait and see if this ever gets fixed.

MYeager

I picked this up on PS4 (retail) and it's really a lot of fun. The time traveling premise fits really well with collecting a massive army. Great excuse to have endless battles. Also, now I see what people have meant when they said the crafting system was better than other Koei games.

The Gauntlet is also pretty great once you figure out WTF is going on. Though at first glance Duel Mode seems kind of boring, kind of like those forced attempts at a Vs mode in old side scrolling beat-em ups.

While the framerate doesn't stay locked at 60, it does at least run way better than Dynasty Warriors 8 on PS4 - that is a kind of trashy port, you can't even stand still and spin the camera without the framerate stuttering and hiccuping when nothing is on screen.

I do hope Samurai Warriors 4 is technically tightened up on PS4.

You can farm some easy Growth Points in survival mode in Duel.

Same problem with digital version on PSN. Download only gives me the dlc. I get a start option but it says it can't find the application. The game is also not in my library. Called Sony support and the guy said that this was weird and said the only thing he could do was refund the money back to my psn wallet. So I'm trying to decide to either go out and get a physical copy, or wait and see if this ever gets fixed.

Same here, now though is asking me for 60$ again instead of the unworkable download option lol

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay, so maybe I don't *get* Gauntlet Mode quite yet. Just got my shit wrecked on the first stage, and I had endgame-level Aya and Nobunaga on my team.

xXDGFXx

Neo Member
No idea why, but I'm not liking the combat compared to Dynasty Warriors 8 XLCE. Something feels very off....

fernoca

Well, got the digital version on PS4. Download is 21GB, can be played with (PlayGo) 4.6GB.

Wanted a 'Warriors' fix also since I don't have a Wii U to play Hyrule Warriors combined with the impressions that this seems to be a better port on PS4 than Xtreme Legends, has more content and overall more fun...went for it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'm having a hard time understanding how Gauntlet Mode works with respect to the new promotion system. You need very high level characters for Gauntlet, it seems. Given that my end-game characters from vanilla regularly get destroyed when the miasma levels get up to around 25-30. But you get a ton of XP in Gauntlet, and inevitably your characters are going to hit 100. At that point, you are of course going to want to promote them so as to not waste any XP you get. But then they're back at level 1, and as a result completely useless in Gauntlet. Unless you burn through enough growth points to get them up to 50 or so right away, so they at least have a chance at survival.

Or maybe I just don't understand how I'm supposed to be controlling the miasma levels? The game says that activating Dragon Portals lowers it, but whenever I do it only seems to lower it by a few levels, like 2-3 at most. And at other times I see it drop much more than that for no reason I can figure out.

I don't know, Gauntlet Mode is confusing.

So i'm thinking (and am no means sure about this) that the issue stems from the fact that according to PSN, PS4 WO3U (NA version) doesn't even exist (yet).

I can't sync my trophies and WO3U PS4 will not appear in the trophy list even though I earned a trophy for it (physical version, obv)

When I click on the trophy I earned through the notification tab, it takes me to the WO3U trophy list for PS3 and Vita..and not PS4.

I guess a switch wasn't flicked or something.
Thanks for this. I came here to ask about the trophies. I have WO3U on the PS3, barely played it but it is on my trophy list. I'm now thinking about trading in the PS3 copy for a PS4 copy and just wondering if the trophy list will stack. Hope this will get sorted in the future.

Can someone that has this now tell me if the online co-op is like it was for Vanilla Warriors Orochi 3? (Making both players have to complete the same stage offline, before you can play it together)

hamchan

Want to bite on the Vita version but I think I'll wait for more impressions and a general consensus of the port quality. I find my attention span to these games drops off quickly on consoles but is way longer when I can play it anywhere.

deim0s

Well, got the digital version on PS4. Download is 21GB, can be played with (PlayGo) 4.6GB.

Wanted a 'Warriors' fix also since I don't have a Wii U to play Hyrule Warriors combined with the impressions that this seems to be a better port on PS4 than Xtreme Legends, has more content and overall more fun...went for it.

Bought it on PS3 the queue has WO3U at 19gb, WO3 at 11gb, and additional freebies.

2. What is the blue meter under the character icons and how do you spend it?

On WO3 vanilla you press L2 + R2 to activate a mode where time slows down and all three characters attack at the same time, good for collecting gems. Not sure of the official name though or if that is still what the bar does/how it's activated.

Those with the Vita version, how does the enemy count compare? Will pick this up once I can transfer saves.

Does the ps4 have the increased on screen unit count like dw8xl did or is it just a higher resolution?

Not sure which type of port this is

No idea why, but I'm not liking the combat compared to Dynasty Warriors 8 XLCE. Something feels very off....

Not many people know this, but the DW are very, very different games if you look beyond the surface. From my own personal understanding, 8 feels more reliant on powerup/drops and timing big assaults on groups from that.

The drop rate in here feels lower, so it's more dependent on the moveset, and some of the moves are VERY situational compared to the multi-usage of some attacks in 8, especially in regards to the Samurai characters.

Ultimate is also more reliant on teams, so don't be afraid to use switch attacks to extend combos.

Does the ps4 have the increased on screen unit count like dw8xl did or is it just a higher resolution?

Not sure which type of port this is

The resolution doesn't look higher, but it does overall look and run cleaner.The onscreen count looks upped, but there's still that random pop-in that 8 didn't have.

I know people are looking for Vita impressions, so here are some very quick ones:

Graphics are very pretty on the Vita screen and look much better in person than on all the youtube videos I was researching

Game seems to run fine framerate wise. I've experienced about 2 quick slowdowns in the 5 or 6 missions I've done so far, other than that it hasn't been an issue

The main concern I had was about the amount of enemies on screen. It was a little jarring at first, seeing as how I'm used to playing maxed out PC DW8, but I quickly got used to the smaller numbers of enemies and it hasn't impacted my enjoyment at all. You still manage to run into big groups that you can slaughter in one well timed Musou. I don't think the on screen enemy count is all that different from the PS3 entries

Overall if you are interested in the portability, this is a great option

Brandon F

Spoke to Playstation Support this morning regarding the PS4 issue of the game not being delivered properly digitally.

Apparently they are working on a fix, have no ETA on that fix, could be tomorrow or up to a week. Meanwhile many of us are out $60 and the storepage reflects that I need to repurchase the game.

Seriously what the fuck? Anyone else having the same problem and completely unable to play the digital PS4 version purchased?

Same problem. Not sure who to get hold of for this.

Spoke to Playstation Support this morning regarding the PS4 issue of the game not being delivered properly digitally.

Apparently they are working on a fix, have no ETA on that fix, could be tomorrow or up to a week. Meanwhile many of us are out $60 and the storepage reflects that I need to repurchase the game.

Seriously what the fuck? Anyone else having the same problem and completely unable to play the digital PS4 version purchased?

yeah same here lol, finished chatting up and he told the'll get back to me in 2-4 business days when it's fixed

Mrbob

This launch is a disaster on multiple levels it seems.

Anyone at home to see if the PS3 patch is out yet?

Brandon F

This launch is a disaster on multiple levels it seems.

Anyone at home to see if the PS3 patch is out yet?

Doing research online regarding the issue with the PS4 version, it does appear that the patch is online for cloud transferring a save now with vanilla WO3.

When Sam War 4 hits, I will definitely be cautious about buying the digital copy until it is clear that another PSN snafu does not occur as well. I am confident that eventually this PS4 error will be fixed, and it is very possible there is a LOT of backend issues to clear through legal and testing(especially those of us getting the PS3 version unintentionally), but what a mess. Cannot fathom how the internet would respond if this occurred next week with Destiny.

Xander51

I'm in this boat exactly. I do actually own a PS3 so I'm contemplating just downloading the PS3 version that they've accidentally given me. It's crazy that the fix is taking so long for this.

The End

This looks pretty rough coming from DW8XLCE (yeah, yeah, I know, this came out after 7E) , so I may wait for a sale and just jump straight to SW4.

fernoca

Yeah. When I got it around 10 hours ago, got the update and two items: Kaguya and Sterk. Download List also shows the items for PS3 and Vita, so that was nice too.

The issue with trophies though hasn't been fixed yet.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I'm a huge musou casual, what's the difference between this, samurai warriors, and the dynasty warriors series?

Xander51

I'm a huge musou casual, what's the difference between this, samurai warriors, and the dynasty warriors series?

Warriors Orochi is a crazy mashup of the Dynasty and Samurai franchises, with its own original fantasy plot. It has the most characters and the wackiest story line.

Probably asked but I didnt see it.

This is probably the best bet as a casual fan who likes battles and armor, coming from Diablo and Dark Souls, correct?

This one looks fun, Dynasty and Samurai never appealed to me. Or would I just be better off waiting for Hyrule Warriors.

The character roster here seems like MvC2 crazy.

Top Bottom