• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warriors Series Community Thread | Analyzing the complexities of Square and Triangle

I only have Shin Gundam Musou on Vita, so I'm not sure how it compares to the PS3 version (It may have some reduced or missing background detail), but it and Sengoku Musou 4 both run and play fantastically. Gundam has the best, most stable frame rate out of all the Vita musou games I've played, too. You definitely can't go wrong with either game.

Awesome, that's what I wanted to hear!

Just ordered DW8 and DW8 XL for PS3. Ended up costing significantly more than having both combined like the PS4/Vita versions. I only have a PS3 though so I guess that's the price you gotta pay.

I'm pumped to start playing! Haven't played a Warriors game since DW7 came out.

Hasney

I wanted to finish DW Next since I got it from Plus and it got me into the series again before diving into 8 Complete, but I just got another gimmicky mini-game. I may end up taking the plunge on the PS4 version tonight...

I imported my fav Warriors game ever, SW2+XL+E on PS3 a few months back. Not sure if I want to import SW4 now on PS3, knowing it's most likely coming to the US. Which means I'd have to buy the PS3 version first, knowing I'd definitely buy the PS4+XL when that comes out!

Curse you, Koei!

I imported my fav Warriors game ever, SW2+XL+E on PS3 a few months back. Not sure if I want to import SW4 now on PS3, knowing it's most likely coming to the US. Which means I'd have to buy the PS3 version first, knowing I'd definitely buy the PS4+XL when that comes out!

Curse you, Koei!

is there any improvements to that vs the 360 releases?

is there any improvements to that vs the 360 releases?

Yeah, I actually put them both on at the same time, and the PS3 HD Remake has better colors and higher contrast, The Battle of Sekigahara for example. 360 version The sky is dull, gray, where as in the PS3 version, it's actually blue and full of color.

Something nice they added to the PS3 remake is the ability to invert both y and x axis. You could only invert both or none in the 360. I prefer Y axis inverted and X normal, so this was a welcome change.

I bought the XL upgrade for the 360 SW2 which improved the graphics, but the PS3 HD remaster impresses me a bit more.

sensui-tomo

I also have Warriors Orochi 2 digitally.

sucks that, it may be the last DW games you get on the 360, unless koei wants to port sw4 on the 360(with all those compressed videos) and i wonder how the xbox one will be treated in comparison to the ps4 releases.

Recall

I'm just always surprised by the difference in prices here in the UK between the Playstation and Xbox versions of KOEI games.

Even on their own digital stores the price difference is £20 for Dynasty Warriors 8. £39.99 on 360, £59.99 (!!!!!!) on PSN. Even Amazon has cheaper versions on the 360 compared to PS3 :/

Yawnier

Banned
March 2006 give or take a month. 8 years ago now :)

Yeah, that makes sense. I spent half the summer of I think 2006 playing 5: Empires on the PS2, I must have put few hundred hours into it. Good times, still my favorite Empires game in the series.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
As requested, here's some screenshots from the Vita Sengoku Musou 4:

THEq6am.jpg
gGis63T.jpg

9DvPgA4.jpg
bstykcG.jpg

6G6dFD7.jpg
HHfjOO2.jpg

EZVyewp.jpg
Mv3FMYd.jpg

U1XLhy3.jpg
lCIN2wq.jpg

QNL2Ii0.jpg
7DRG8n3.jpg

cW5m5Hz.jpg
LhSrVjA.jpg

Looks great on Vita too. Still deciding whether to import or not. It seems rather likely we'll get it out west, whereas SW2HD had no shot...

Looks great on Vita too. Still deciding whether to import or not. It seems rather likely we'll get it out west, whereas SW2HD had no shot...

Man it feels good having confidence in the fact that Tecmo Koei might ACTUALLY bring over SM4 and maybe even WO3 Ultimate for the PS4. I-I just want more Tecmo Koei waifus

Recall

I've just pre-ordered the UK release of Dynasty Warriors 8 - Extreme Legends for PS3, as it is out in a week.

Has anyone played this yet and have opinions or is it not out elsewhere yet?

I've just pre-ordered the UK release of Dynasty Warriors 8 - Extreme Legends for PS3, as it is out in a week.

Has anyone played this yet and have opinions or is it not out elsewhere yet?
Probably best to check it out on the thread itself

Also after reading through the hilariously thought out rant thread. I do agree that Omega Force chose incredibly wrong on the Nintendo franchise to work with. Fire Emblem would've worked lovely....T-T

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Someone actually made a topic a few years back about how great a Fire Emblem Musou would be.

I recall everyone getting really nasty and dogpiling him and saying the idea was shit and it'd never happen. :

Probably best to check it out on the thread itself

Also after reading through the hilariously thought out rant thread. I do agree that Omega Force chose incredibly wrong on the Nintendo franchise to work with. Fire Emblem would've worked lovely....T-T

It makes more sense than a Zelda musou to say the least.

Loads of characters? Check.
Different fighting styles? Check.
The ultimate fanfiction cross-up of all the Fire Emblem games? Sign me up.

And hey, it could actually force Koei to make horseback fighting into something more enjoyable. At least it's better than BASARA's

Definitely super pretty and waifu.

*snippy snip snip*

Man, Ina is my Tecmo Koei waifu. Wang Yuanji and Xingcai are pretty great as well.

And hey, it could actually force Koei to make horseback fighting into something more enjoyable. At least it's better than BASARA's

Fuck it, just make a gigantic Nintendo cross-over musou game. Don't lie, that shit would be fucking awesome. You can cover pretty much all grounds, and have various enemy type armies and such. Oh god that'd be amazing. And of course you can still throw in Fire Emblem and Zelda characters, in addition to maybe like Mario or Donkey Kong.

Jel44

Banned
Someone actually made a topic a few years back about how great a Fire Emblem Musou would be.

I recall everyone getting really nasty and dogpiling him and saying the idea was shit and it'd never happen. :
If a game like that ever came out, I would play with Roy or Ike.
Man, Ina is my Tecmo Koei waifu. Wang Yuanji and Xingcai are pretty great as well.

Fuck it, just make a gigantic Nintendo cross-over musou game. Don't lie, that shit would be fucking awesome. You can cover pretty much all grounds, and have various enemy type armies and such. Oh god that'd be amazing. And of course you can still throw in Fire Emblem and Zelda characters, in addition to maybe like Mario or Donkey Kong.
Like Warriors Orochi?? Master Hand and Crazy hand as last bosses ~:)D)

Timmy00

I'd play it. Be sure to throw Captain Falcon in there though so I can falcon punch armies >.>

I've never actually played a Dynasty Warriors game. All I've played are the Samurai Warriors and Orochi Warriors games which I have loved a lot. I decided to make a jump in to the DW series, I take it DW8XL on Vita is a good place to start? It's not out till next week in the UK anyway but I've got a preorder down.
Every time I saw DW8 on PS3 it was always the same price and then DW8XL got announced so I held off and the Vita version is much cheaper than the standard version on PS3. Plus I played the demo of Next on my Vita and kind of enjoyed it, but the when a random touch screen mini game thing happened I just stopped playing. But that seemed more like a tech demo to show off the Vita's capabilities.

I'm really hoping SW4 comes out here. It looks great on Vita. I'm still a bit saddened 3 only came out on Wii here and we never got the PS3 versions that came later.

Yawnier

Banned
I've never actually played a Dynasty Warriors game. All I've played are the Samurai Warriors and Orochi Warriors games which I have loved a lot. I decided to make a jump in to the DW series, I take it DW8XL on Vita is a good place to start? It's not out till next week in the UK anyway but I've got a preorder down.
Every time I saw DW8 on PS3 it was always the same price and then DW8XL got announced so I held off and the Vita version is much cheaper than the standard version on PS3. Plus I played the demo of Next on my Vita and kind of enjoyed it, but the when a random touch screen mini game thing happened I just stopped playing. But that seemed more like a tech demo to show off the Vita's capabilities.

I'm really hoping SW4 comes out here. It looks great on Vita. I'm still a bit saddened 3 only came out on Wii here and we never got the PS3 versions that came later.

Any mainline DW game after DW6 is a good place to start, I would say.

TreIII

My problem with a FE Musou is just that: with so many characters from so many different FE games...how would you even hope to please everybody, or at least that such a game would give decent representation to all of the games in the series? (And how would they deal with games that didn't even get a release outside of Japan, for that matter, which is the same thing I've wondered about FE x SMT?)

At least with Zelda Musou, all you have to do is insure that you have a Link, a Zelda and Ganon/Ganondorf. The sky's the limit after you at least insure that much.

KnightHart said:
That's honestly what I'm hoping is "next", after Koei perhaps get 1-3 games out of their Zelda license.

"Smash Musou". A launch game for the next Nintendo console. I'd be there Day 1, and whatever silly story Sakurai ever wanted to tell, Omega Force would certainly help there.

Man that thread...well one good thing that came out of it is now I realized I never played any of the DW Gundam games. Anyone know what the best one to get is? Or a way to get a cheap copy (either ps3 or 360 would work)?

edit: also any framerate graphical differences between the ps3/360?

dhlt25

bought basara 3 and DW8 and I have been playing a lot of basara the last few days and it's awesome! I don't understand the hate in the reviews, the graphics looks great to me, the game smooth with no slow down and some of the boss battle can be pretty challenging. It's stupidly fun. And the voice acting and wacky scenarios are ridiculously over the top and dumb which is right up my alley. My only complain is that I wish there's more costume and weapons. Can't wait to finish this and move on to DW8 for more waifus

That's depressing =(

Also implementing the permadeath from Fire Emblem on characters if they aren't rescued or poorly placed, by you the strategist, would be great.

My problem with a FE Musou is just that: with so many characters from so many different FE games...how would you even hope to please everybody, or at least that such a game would give decent representation to all of the games in the series? (And how would they deal with games that didn't even get a release outside of Japan, for that matter, which is the same thing I've wondered about FE x SMT?)

At least with Zelda Musou, all you have to do is insure that you have a Link, a Zelda and Ganon/Ganondorf. The sky's the limit after you at least insure that much.

Well Awakening did just that with what characters showed up in the Streetpass teams so it could easily just be whoever is popular and whoever would provide an interesting moveset to a musou game. (so rip healers?)

Awakening also didn't have any problems showing all the unlocalized characters so it's probably nothing you can really do about it.

Also implementing the permadeath from Fire Emblem on characters if they aren't rescued or poorly placed, by you the strategist, would be great.

I can already imagine complaints about how we have to run across from one part of the map to the next cause Micaiah keeps dying.

Man that thread...well one good thing that came out of it is now I realized I never played any of the DW Gundam games. Anyone know what the best one to get is? Or a way to get a cheap copy (either ps3 or 360 would work)?

edit: also any framerate graphical differences between the ps3/360?
Currently probably the best one will be Gundam Warriors 3 I think, but 4 is apparently coming out soon for PS3 only so could wait on that. I'm not sure of framerate, but possibly safer to go with PS3 versions. What with DW8 on 360 prepatch being incredibly terrible XD
Well Awakening did just that with what characters showed up in the Streetpass teams so it could easily just be whoever is popular and whoever would provide an interesting moveset to a musou game. (so rip healers?)

I can already imagine complaints about how we have to run across from one part of the map to the next cause Micaiah keeps dying.
XD very true, but as long as you have only yourself to blame for them being poorly place it be worth it. Healers will be reinforcement officers =P
Also I think if they ever did Fire Emblem Musou, Omega Force should really make their own characters and add some fan favourites via Deus ex Machina Dimensional gates.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Alright, so I've asked in the other thread and somehow I can't seem to get a definitive answer, so I'm gonna ask here. And if I can't get a definitive answer this time I'm just gonna give up and not buy the game:

If I have digital DW8 on PS3 and get digital XL, can I delete vanilla after it verifies? There's no reason for both to sit on my hard drive when XL contains vanilla in its entirety anyway, and you can't sell digital games so there should be no reason for XL to have to verify vanilla 8 more than once. Having DW8+XL eating up 40GB of my HDD space isn't something I'm okay with.

Any help here?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Alright, so I've asked in the other thread and somehow I can't seem to get a definitive answer, so I'm gonna ask here. And if I can't get a definitive answer this time I'm just gonna give up and not buy the game:

If I have digital DW8 on PS3 and get digital XL, can I delete vanilla after it verifies? There's no reason for both to sit on my hard drive when XL contains vanilla in its entirety anyway, and you can't sell digital games so there should be no reason for XL to have to verify vanilla 8 more than once. Having DW8+XL eating up 40GB of my HDD space isn't something I'm okay with.

Any help here?

I think your question has gone answered because no one else has purchased both DW8 and XL digitally on PS3.

XL shouldn't be all of DW8 AFAIK. That's why it's a separate expansion on PS3.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I think your question has gone answered because no one else has purchased both DW8 and XL digitally on PS3.

DW8 is 18GB.

XL is 22GB.

There's no way the expansion content in XL is bigger than the base game.

Any help here?

You can delete it if you don't care about Trophies, as I've been told you can't unlock vanilla's trophy on XL. So if you are really sure that vanilla is in XL delete it if you don't care about the trophies.

Also this I'm sure the only version that has both games are the Vita and PS4.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Also this I'm sure the only version that has both games are the Vita and PS4.

No, the only versions that are advertised as having both games are the Vita and PS4 versions.

How do you think the mixjoy feature works? You can't just load an entire game's worth of data into RAM. The entirety of vanilla DW8 HAS to be on the XL disc. It's always been that way, as far back as the PS2 versions.

Top Bottom