• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wasteland 2 Kickstarter project by inXile entertainment [Ended, $3 Million Funded]

mclem

Whelp, I've said a couple of times that my (crazy, but I'm sticking to it!) prediction for the last 24 hours is $300k. Anyone else want to take a stab at it?

Card Boy

Banned
People didn't believe me this would do 2.8 to 3million. Mark my words it will reach 2.8mil at least. Remember that last minute 48hr rush i mentioned with pubfunds?

zkylon

zkylewd
People didn't believe me this would do 2.8 to 3million. Mark my words it will reach 2.8mil at least. Remember that last minute 48hr rush i mentioned with pubfunds?
Hope you're right. 3m would be such a positive moment for gaming :)

Zeliard

Something would have to go very wrong for it not to break $2.8 million at this point. When you include Paypal it's basically already at $2.7 million.

I'm gonna say $3 million, with perhaps more if enough people catch wind of the $30 tier upgrade.

The upgrade from $15 to $30 is a no-brainer unless you're strapped for money in your gaming budget. The final amount is going to partly depend on how many people who have already pledged hear about the $30 tier in these final hours.

last8daysdiffd3x34.png

Zeliard

2.8- 2.9 mil seems like a reasonable goal!

Then, you wait for 1 year and a half for the game. :(

Heh yeah, the wait will be roughest part of these big Kickstarters.

Fortunately they are keeping people up-to-date on progress throughout, and in the case of Double Fine in particular, they are releasing videos throughout that will showcase the game's behind-the-scenes development. That should be fun to keep up with.

akira28

can't resist. upping my pledge to 30. New portraits, maybe they'll even have a black guy! Buffalo soldier cavalry hat covering my neon green mohawk, a suppressed rifle, and a Blue Heeler cattle-dog companion...

PaulLFC

I hope this makes $3 million so we can get the editor.

Amazon payments from outside the US are okay right? I'm in the UK, donated to this using my card through Amazon, but I've just noticed on the Shadowrun kickstarter page they recommend Paypal for payments from outside the US - I assume Amazon is okay as well?

zkylon

zkylewd

Amazon payments from outside the US are okay right? I'm in the UK, donated to this using my card through Amazon, but I've just noticed on the Shadowrun kickstarter page they recommend Paypal for payments from outside the US - I assume Amazon is okay as well?
I had no problems with Amazon payments for DFA with my card from Argentina.

Zeliard

As long as you can go through Amazon payments it should be perfectly fine.

Even though I hope it gets to $3.15M+ to offset the KS fees, I'm content with it stopping below $3M. All that is fueling me now is the love of the Donation Game, which I'm sure is what a lot of people that partake in Desert Bus feel.

The $30 tier bump has been good for the KS. I tweeted BF telling he needs to update the main page so that the tier improvement isn't hidden behind an "update" page. Make it clear for all to see. Sometimes, it think he's obtuse. The KIF stuff should be pushed to the bottom of that main page, it should start with the final push + $30 tier improvement and then paypal and then everything else.

* My prediction of 2.6 has been beat more or less. :)

btw. my ipad+pc. I see in a couple of hours (about 4), they've added 30-40k.

* i see that brian fargo has updated the main page touting the $30 tier improvement :) :) :)

2.727.309 (tally with paypal)

I don't think this is going to hit 3 million. Did DFA ramp up like mad on the last day or did it build up over the last 2? Brian said that tomorrow sits are going to give his KS coverage so maybe thaat will help

eastmen

Banned

I don't think this is going to hit 3 million. Did DFA ramp up like mad on the last day or did it build up over the last 2? Brian said that tomorrow sits are going to give his KS coverage so maybe thaat will help

Sell me on why i should double up and spend $30 instead of $15. I'm really trying to figure out if its worth it to me.

zkylon

zkylewd

I think DFA got over 400k on the last day alone, and over a million on the last 48 hours.

Sell me on why i should double up and spend $30 instead of $15. I'm really trying to figure out if its worth it to me.
C'mon dude, 30$ is the sweetest deal ever:
Artbook
Soundtrack
Chris Fucking Avellone's novella
Extra portraits for your rangers
4 part "making of" videos
Extra copy, so you can just split it 15$ each with a friend and share the extra goodies.

Aselith

I think DFA got over 400k on the last day alone, and over a million on the last 48 hours.

C'mon dude, 30$ is the sweetest deal ever:
Artbook
Soundtrack
Chris Fucking Avellone's novella
Extra portraits for your rangers
4 part "making of" videos
Extra copy, so you can just split it 15$ each with a friend and share the extra goodies.

Wait what? How many copies do I get for my $100 pledge? I should be getting 1 boxed and 2 digital if this is the case. Have they commented on this at all that anyone heard?

I last checked when it was at $1.4 million, now it's at $2.7 million.

I went ahead and bumped my pledge from $50 to $100. Why the hell not, I'll get my name in the credits!

zkylon

zkylewd
Wait what? How many copies do I get for my $100 pledge? I should be getting 1 boxed and 2 digital if this is the case. Have they commented on this at all that anyone heard?
Don't despair, you will get your CE physical copy and 2 digitals.

100$ FAQ said:
You will receive a collector's edition premium boxed version (with cloth map, instruction book, miniature, faction badge), your name in the credits in a special thanks section, early playable beta access, both early release digital episodic novellas (part 1 & 2), digital concept art book, downloadable digital soundtrack, 2 DRM free digital copies of the game (PC or Mac or Linux), exclusive Ranger portrait collection, 4 episode video development blog, Chris Avellone novella,and unique and quirky skill.

Minsc

Gold Member
Yeah, it's going up at a ridiculous rate.

I wonder if it's going to hurt a little that they have the final hours of the kickstarter ending while a lot of people are sleeping in the US (4am - 7am depending on location)? The end might not be quite as big as DFA's which ended around 3pm in the afternoon.

probably going to hurt it. Oh well, what silliness BF.

well, hopefully some decent sites will carry that "LAST DAY OF WL2 KS"..

Oh shit. 22 hours to go. Does this mean nolan bushell will be in the inxile office in the morning? LOL good work BF.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Upping my pledge to $30.

I hope the novel is going to be in ebook format too, I don't really wanna read it on PC or with in awkward pdf format.

The process is, to manage my pledge, change the $15 to $30, change the reward to the $30, login to amazon and confirm, yes?

Just making sure I don't get doubly billed or something.

Alexios

Oh shit, $50 includes a physical copy. Good choice, not like Shadowrun which has the first physical box at $125. Going for that me.

Upping my pledge to $30.

I hope the novel is going to be in ebook format too, I don't really wanna read it on PC or with in awkward pdf format.

The process is, to manage my pledge, change the $15 to $30, change the reward to the $30, login to amazon and confirm, yes?

Just making sure I don't get doubly billed or something.

Yes.

Minsc

Gold Member
Oh shit, $50 includes a physical copy. Good choice, not like Shadowrun which has the first physical box at $125. Going for that me.

And $75 lets you not have to wait months and months to play the game while you read about everyone else's gruesome deaths (well all those playing the beta). :)

Alexios

Yeah, I can't really afford more, $65 (shipping) is already is stretching it.

I cancelled my Diablo 3 preorder for 3 kickstarters. I've been buying too many (cheap) vidya gaems.

Edit: the all digital $55 gives beta access too but yeah, not giving that much without a box.

Edit: wait, the box doesn't include all previous digital rewards? Man, I still want the extra Avellone novella and in game portraits...

I think they need to clarify this. None of the rewards outside the $30 mention having that stuff. Now I'm thinking of scaling back...

Minsc

Gold Member

I cancelled my Diablo 3 preorder for 3 kickstarters. I've been buying too many (cheap) vidya gaems.

Edit: the all digital $55 gives beta access too but yeah, not giving that much without a box.

Edit: wait, the box doesn't include all previous digital rewards? Man, I still want the extra Avellone novella and in game portraits...

I think they need to clarify this. None of the rewards outside the $30 mention having that stuff. Now I'm thinking of scaling back...

Oh, I didn't realize they put the beta access in the $55 digital tier, good catch. But there's a FAQ section at the bottom that explains all the tiers better, does that clear up your question? It says the $50 boxed copy includes the novella / portraits among other things.

epmode

From the most recent update:
Of course, all backers who are in at higher levels will also get all of these added items too.

Souplak

eehh doesnt all tiers include all lower level rewards. I think even Brian fargo said that every tier over $30 include the new rewards.

Alexios

Ok just making sure cos in the rewards section on the right it says that it includes some things from the previous reward but it specifies just a couple things not all of them. And the novel is a different episodic one, not the new Avellone one. I guess they didn't update the text there and left it just to the FAQ. Keeping that boxed copy then. Most expensive game I've gotten in a while :p

I wish there was a comparable tier for Shadowrun but that one has the first boxed stuff at $125, lol...

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I remember we were sceptical if it reaches 900 000 at all.

You mean..

So basically, the game is looking to cost a million bucks at least, with a 1.5 year dev cycle (6 months of pre-production, 1 year of full development), and they're not interested in looking at any localizations or ports until they hit at least 1.5 million dollars. That's a pretty high goal and it might be a tad unrealistic. What is interesting is that if they get 1.25 million dollars, they're more interested in expanding the game first rather than making the game available to more people. That doesn't sound great to me...

;)

PaulLFC

Getting near 2.8 mil. It'll probably inch over 2.9 in the end, but the big 3? We'll see.
I'm not sure how likely it is now, but I hope it gets to 3 million. I'm sure the editor would add a lot to the game since there will obviously be a dedicated community around it as proven by the response to the Kickstarter.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Yeah, it sucks that the editor is behind that oh-so-close-but-probably-unachievable 3 million barrier. I think people would have a field day making content for the game.

Hopefully they release it post-game anyway.

Top Bottom