• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wasteland 2 Kickstarter project by inXile entertainment [Ended, $3 Million Funded]

Whelp...put in my pledge....I dunno why I'm so much more undecided with this one than the DF one...Hopefully this turns into a solid title...

Wildesy

I'm not sure if it has been covered, but do you guys think you'll be able to purchase a physical, boxed copy that is the equivalent of the $50 tier reward after the game has been released or is that a reward exclusive to backers (i.e. for its actual release it will only be digitally distributed)?

FELLOWS! LAUGH AT ME!

18726286.jpg

PaulLFC

So the Kickstarter is nearly at 2.9 million. With Paypal it's safe to say this will hit £3 million I think.

Now I just need to decide whether to keep my pledge at $30 or spend the extra $35 for the box and part 1 of the episodic novel. Decisions decisions.

Xater

I kind of want to up my $15 pledge but I think I want to save some money for Shadowrun Returns. I can see myself going very high there...

Acidote

Also, when do they charge, anyway? I've never been around when the period ended and only noticed the charge on my bank account later. Does it happen right when the funding says (in this case, 8:05EDT)?

I assumed it was instantaneous since it goes through amazon payments. That's why I asked, I want my money to go to the dev, not to amazon. Paying amazon is what my compulsive buys are for, not this.

dude

dude
I'm not sure if it has been covered, but do you guys think you'll be able to purchase a physical, boxed copy that is the equivalent of the $50 tier reward after the game has been released or is that a reward exclusive to backers (i.e. for its actual release it will only be digitally distributed)?

I think it's pretty much a given that it's exclusive. I don't see an indie title bothering with big boxed unless they're a reward...

Xater

Well fuck it. Went at least for the $30 tier. The boxed copy is tempting but with shipping it is too much right now for me.

Zeliard

I posted this on March 30th after The Avellone was summoned:

You know, this thing could very well hit 3 mill. The people who were specifically waiting for Obsidian to do a Kickstarter will jump on board, and a bunch of people seem to be upping their already-existing pledges.

hehehehe

Ok I'm done teasing :p

PaulLFC

Hmm that's a good point about boxed version exclusivity. So there will probably only be around 10-15,000 "normal" boxed versions and 7-8,000 premium boxed versions ever produced. It's making me consider upping to $65 for the boxed version. I wish I could afford the premium but $115 (£72) is a bit too high for me right now. Normal boxed version is about £40.

Zeliard

It's gonna be fun to hear more info come out about the game. Very curious to see what sort of visual style they'll go with, for one thing. We know it's gonna be isometric-style w/ limited zooming, but beyond that it's a mystery.

gotta say; watching the stream; and the party is completely out of whack with what is happening with the KS right now. I'm guessing BF is in bed now with his ipad tweeting. It should be with all the inxile staff like the DFA one. its weird way to end this :/

gotta say; watching the stream; and the party is completely out of whack with what is happening with the KS right now. I'm guessing BF is in bed now with his ipad tweeting. It should be with all the inxile staff like the DFA one. its weird way to end this :/

Most of the inXile staff is likely sleeping considering the time. :)

Top Bottom