• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wasteland 2 Kickstarter project by inXile entertainment [Ended, $3 Million Funded]

thy_

Better is not something that I could judge at this point not having seen either. My problem is that the $100 box replaces the $50 one, rather than at least giving the $100 tier an empty box from the $50 tier as well (or have the $100 box be big enough to fit the $50 one + contents and have the coin etc on its own) The problematic parts are as follows: 1) I don't know which box I would prefer 2) The collector's box will probably be larger than a regular "big box" PC release.
It may seem like a petty thing to complain about, probably is but it's a factor for me.

They only add a miniature and a faction badge, I'd imagine the box is the same. (The $50 tier already being a large boxed copy.)

cicero

The only reason I woke up and remembered to do this was because I forgot and left my windows open and awoke shivering to 35 degree cold, numb arms, a slight headache, and only 15 minutes to set up a kickstarter account and back this kickstarter.

Theonik

They only add a miniature and a faction badge, I'd imagine the box is the same. (The $50 tier already being a large boxed copy.)
You know what. I'm just gonna go for $115 and worry about all this later. Only a few seconds left. Rushed decisions ftw!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand.... it's over!

Kickstarter Final Tally: $2,933,147
PayPal Current Tally: $107,137

Total: $3,040,284

Wow, nicely done!

colbert_wedidit.jpg

Zeliard

can we now get Shadowrun Returns up there as well?

Around 3 million is very unlikely there, partly because they have a much shorter timespan for their funding drive. They only have 11 days left with Shadowrun. They may very well get to $2 million, however.

TimeKillr

Wtf is this...

I just got a message that my payment to Kickstarter from amazon payments has failed. Now what the hell can I do? There's not even anything to say *why* it failed, and I can't redo the payment?

Is there anything I can do about this?

Zeliard

Well only until the Pebble e-ink watch finishes then (which is at $3.4 million atm). I'm impressed. I really had doubts this would even make the $900,000 goal, to triple it says a lot.

Yeah that one is hugely impressive. It's gonna smash the record when it ends.

Wtf is this...

I just got a message that my payment to Kickstarter from amazon payments has failed. Now what the hell can I do? There's not even anything to say *why* it failed, and I can't redo the payment?

Maybe take it up with their customer service? If that doesn't work, the PayPal donations are still up:

http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/pledge.php

They give out all the same rewards if you pledge under PayPal.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Jesus.

All I can think is how much the Kickstarter.com staff must be rubbing their hands in glee, over TWO $3m projects successfully funded within a few months of the new year. I bet there's going to be some really big bonuses passed around there this year.

Zeliard

Jesus.

All I can think is how much the Kickstarter.com staff must be rubbing their hands in glee, over TWO $3m projects successfully funded within a few months of the new year. I bet there's going to be some really big bonuses passed around there this year.

As Retrocide was saying, don't forget about the crazy Pebble: E-Paper Watch one which has over $3.4 million with 31 days to go:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/597507018/pebble-e-paper-watch-for-iphone-and-android

Makes you wonder how big other Kickstarters are going to get this year.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Wtf is this...

I think you have a week to figure this out with Kickstarter's tech support.

I was successfuly charged.

thy_

Wtf is this...

There is supposed to be a "Action needed" button if you log into kickstarter and there were any billing problems.

eastmen

Banned

Zeliard

To be fair its $120 to even get a watch with that kick starter. its only $15 to get wasteland 2 . You'd need 8 minimum doners to wasteland to get 1 minimum doner to pebble.

True, though that almost makes it even more impressive, since the tier amounts start off so high. They've got quite a few backers at $115 so far, and a lot of days left as well.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
So, I should have been charged by now? My bank account doesn't show any less money than previously...

But I didn't get any error e-mails or whatever either.

Acosta

So good... It feels great supporting things you want to happen.

We did our part, I hope Fargo deliver, I think he will. Have a great situation being already fully backed, without Publishers to deal with, experience, a promising team and even Avellone on board. I expect big things.

akira28

My Amazon transfer said Valid until July 2012, so I assumed thats when they'd go for the money...I'm probably wrong though.

Anyway, congrats GAF. We did it. This couldn't have happened without us here. Just know that. Take solace in it.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Okee, got charged 24 mins ago :)

Man, I kinda gave a lot... $30 should have been enough, lol.

Ah well, first boxed game in ages, and it's a nice big box too.

Top Bottom