• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wasteland 2 Kickstarter project by inXile entertainment [Ended, $3 Million Funded]

$3 MILLION!

champagne.jpg

PaulLFC

Woo 3 million!! Mod tools!

Keeping my pledge at $30 I think, I can't really justify the extra $35 for the box considering how much value is in the $30 tier and the fact that I still need to donate to Shadowrun and The Banner Saga.

DiscoJer

Woo 3 million!! Mod tools!

Keeping my pledge at $30 I think, I can't really justify the extra $35 for the box considering how much value is in the $30 tier and the fact that I still need to donate to Shadowrun and The Banner Saga.

That's one thing I find curious - this, Shadowrun, and the Banner Saga all did well (a combined what, 5 million? Or probably will when it's all done) even though mostly running at the same time.

Did it help or hurt running concurrently (mostly), with all three being turn based RPGs. SR and this in particular seem to be very close.

On the one hand, like you (or me) if you have only X amount of money, you have to spread it around. On the other hand, once you've been drawn to kickstarter, you notice the projects better...

DiscoJer

Not until Jon Van Caneghem kickstarts Might and Magic X and Richard Garriott kickstarts Ultima X.

While I would love to see that, I think it's simply neither one wants to make those sorts of games anymore. JVC works at EA as an executive and Richard Garriott has the money to do pretty much any game he wants (well, not something like SWTOR but virtually anything else) - he got what, 50 million from NCSoft?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Finally got around to pledging $30 to this via Paypal.

So lucky that I managed to get home with only two hours left on the kickstarter lullz.

e8nwuw1ge3d.gif

did my part by putting down 50 for the boxed copy.

i almost never pay anywhere near full retail for my games and physical media leaves me cold. this project however is something special.

Beautiful. Mod tools = more game for everyone. Would like to see this hit $3M just on KS too for visual effect.

So what can we expect in terms of development status and information flow after this is done? How is the DF one doing with that, just for reference?

Edit:
Forgot to add
bitdance.gif

Beautiful. Mod tools = more game for everyone. Would like to see this hit $3M just on KS too for visual effect.

So what can we expect in terms of development status and information flow after this is done? How is the DF one doing with that, just for reference?

DF has one docu out, it's a summation of how well the funding went. There will probably be one ever 2 moths.
Forums open for backers, but I don't think anything too official has happened there yet.

Theonik

Ok so in for $50. I wanted $100 really for the beta and special thanks but don't want to miss one on one of the boxes. :/

thy_

Ok so in for $50. I wanted $100 really for the beta and special thanks but don't want to miss one on one of the boxes. :/

I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly, but for $100 you get a better box than for $50.

What do I receive with the $50 reward?
You will receive a large boxed copy of the game (with cloth map and old school instruction book), early release digital episodic novella (part 1), digital concept art book, downloadable digital soundtrack, 2 DRM free digital copies of the game (PC or Mac or Linux), exclusive Ranger portrait collection, 4 episode video development blog, Chris Avellone novella, and unique and quirky skill.

Last updated: Sunday Apr 15, 11:44pm CEST

What do I receive with the $100 reward?
You will receive a collector's edition premium boxed version (with cloth map, instruction book, miniature, faction badge), your name in the credits in a special thanks section, early playable beta access, both early release digital episodic novellas (part 1 & 2), digital concept art book, downloadable digital soundtrack, 2 DRM free digital copies of the game (PC or Mac or Linux), exclusive Ranger portrait collection, 4 episode video development blog, Chris Avellone novella,and unique and quirky skill.

Last updated: Sunday Apr 15, 11:44pm CEST

Fjordson

God damn. What a great response this has gotten. Gotta be honest, I was a bit worried when it kicked off. Has completely blown past all my expectations.

Interesting note- kickstarters for RPG games have much much less trouble hitting budget than other genres (apart from Schaffer point&click).

Dipswitch

Just upgraded to the $50 tier. I went from not giving a toss about this game (Knowing nothing about it) to updating my pledge 3 times based upon the goodies and the artwork being released.

Very gratified to see that the DF Kickstarter wasn't an anomaly.

Zeliard

I wonder if inXile will follow in Double Fine's footsteps and offer the game up for pre-order after the Kickstarter drive ends.

Theonik

I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly, but for $100 you get a better box than for $50.
Better is not something that I could judge at this point not having seen either. My problem is that the $100 box replaces the $50 one, rather than at least giving the $100 tier an empty box from the $50 tier as well (or have the $100 box be big enough to fit the $50 one + contents and have the coin etc on its own) The problematic parts are as follows: 1) I don't know which box I would prefer 2) The collector's box will probably be larger than a regular "big box" PC release.
It may seem like a petty thing to complain about, probably is but it's a factor for me.

I'm interested in seeing how much goes to rewards and what the final budget ends up being.

Most likely not. But things are going fast in the last hour or so. There has been an additional $28,000 earned on Kickstarter since it hit 3 million. And there's still 12 minutes left.

Top Bottom