• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wasteland 2 Kickstarter project by inXile entertainment [Ended, $3 Million Funded]

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Finally watched the gameplay video they put out and I'm SO freaking impressed. I especially love the text box in the corner that gives you constant observations about your surroundings in the style of Wasteland or a text adventure or a point and click game or a visual novel. It sort of feels like a feature that might get cut though because I could see players being annoyed at text constantly flying at you as your exploring, but I hope it makes it to the final game in some form, whether they make it something you have to trigger yourself by clicking on things or whatever.

Finally watched the gameplay video they put out and I'm SO freaking impressed. I especially love the text box in the corner that gives you constant observations about your surroundings in the style of Wasteland or a text adventure or a point and click game or a visual novel. It sort of feels like a feature that might get cut though because I could see players being annoyed at text constantly flying at you as your exploring, but I hope it makes it to the final game in some form, whether they make it something you have to trigger yourself by clicking on things or whatever.

Me too. That's a feature that was beloved in Fallout & Fallout 2 as well.

zkylon

zkylewd
The keywords system being dependant on conversation "tree-level" is actually pretty cool. Seems like it'll feel different and familiar at the same time, I like it.

some new concept art
166780_50115773660016rxk7r.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
Why not Zoidberg?
wat

edit: ah, a meme. because the original font is iconic and this looks close enough for them clearly wanting to make a similar logo?

also I'm not a particular fan of this logo, not sure why but it feels like you just pasted a rusty metal texture on top. and I dunno, I don't get that feeling with say, bioshock:

I guess because it's beveled and fit to in a bigger logo thing so it looks like it's metal placed on somewhere rather than some flying metal letters or something

JDSN

Banned
Good shit:
DRM-Free Release

We have been getting a lot of questions regarding our plans for DRM-free releases moving forward. To clarify, we are offering the game on as many digital distributors as is viable. Currently we are confirmed on Steam, Origin, and GOG. The Steam and Origin versions will work just like any other games on those services and will not have any additional DRM. The GOG version will be DRM free. We will look at more digital retailers – including other DRM-free ones (such as Desura) – as we get closer to release. As well, we won’t require you to be online to play the game.

We are not currently actively planning any DLC or expansion, since we’re fully focused on delivering our promises with Wasteland 2. It’s not out of the question, but we have made a commitment to 65,000+ people to deliver a fully-complete, bad-ass successor to Wasteland and that’s all we’re concerned with right now. Once the game is released and we can take a deep breath, we’ll evaluate the next best steps for the game and our fans.

Chris Keenan
Production Director

pa22word

I like this one, but it would be much better if they put more emphasis on the "2". Perhaps something like leaving the "WASTELAND" part of the logo as is, but simply filling in the "2" part with red so that it is starkly contrasted with the black background.

Top Bottom