• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch an Uber Passenger Beat Up His Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denali

But how do they key that into the app then?

You don't have to have a destination in the app. When you get in the vehicle, the fare begins at that point, and doesn't end until they hit a button that says so. Then, it calculates the cost based on time and distance, since the GPS is tracking the vehicle the entire time.

That's how one of the drivers explained it to me anyways.

Oscar

Damn he slapped the shit out of him then pulled his hair.

Glad he got mased, and wow @ that only being a misdemeanor. No wonder it's an ongoing problem.

Ashhong

lmao dude is screwed now. He was a brand/marketing manager for Taco Bell, who the hell is going to hire him now?

CDX

Dang the front seat is a vulnerable position if someone from behind wants to attack you.

The guy's deleted twitter profile says:

Sushi lover. Bourbon drinker. The end.

almost too perfect lol

Rookje

Haha, that's Triangle Square in Costa Mesa where I live. Costa Mesa really has a drunk problem.

I've also lived at Park Newport, where he's trying to go. Miss that place, but it was expensive.

Did the drivers tone come off as a little arrogant and rude to anyone else? watching the video again I said to myself damn dude after listening to the driver when the passenger was trying to reason with him. He gave him basically a absolute destination not a housing address and the driver was still not having it.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
This is why you don't get drunk.

Dumb fucks all around. Deciding to get drunk in the firstplace and being drunk. Dumbfuckery all around.

Can't stand these fucks.

Did the drivers tone come off as a little arrogant and rude to anyone else? watching the video again I said to myself damn dude after listening to the driver when the passenger was trying to reason with him. He gave him basically a absolute destination not a housing address and the driver was still not having it.

Yeah he did. Obviously the passenger is a tool and deserves everything coming to him, but the driver could have made that not as combative at the same time. It was a little too confrontational imo.

jasonng

I thought with the uber app you give the address of your destination before a driver comes pick you up. My friend swears by this service because she almost never have to interact with the driver if she doesn't want to.

Do you pay an uber driver with cash like a taxi, or is it done with your credit card through the app? Asking, because i can see the driver thinking there's no way this asshat is going to pay him if he's not giving him a proper address.

Sanjuro

This is why you don't get drunk.

Dumb fucks all around. Deciding to get drunk in the firstplace and being drunk. Dumbfuckery all around.

Can't stand these fucks.

Do you pay an uber driver with cash like a taxi, or is it done with your credit card through the app? Asking, because i can see the driver thinking there's no way this asshat is going to pay him if he's not giving him a proper address.

The payment portion is already on a credit card linked to your app. The service is really to avoid the whole payment process at the end of the trip.

I thought with the uber app you give the address of your destination before a driver comes pick you up. My friend swears by this service because she almost never have to interact with the driver if she doesn't want to.

At the very least it should save your home address, so you can just hit a HOME button in case you're too drunk to enter an address.

Salmonax

You can enter your destination, but you don't have to.

At the very least it should save your home address, so you can just hit a HOME button in case you're too drunk to enter an address.

It does.

John_B

How come video from cop cars look like VHS tape quality, but some random Uber driver has crystal clear HD footage?

Leaving a drunk guy stranded in the middle of nowhere doesn't sound like great service to me.

Apparently you can refuse service if they're drunk. Wonder how that works though, driver looks at you decides your drunk and drives off and your money get's taken from your bank account regardless?

No, it didn't come off as rude. We only caught a few minutes of this, who knows how long this guy was in the car for. The passenger was clearly already wasting the drivers time, he was not cooperative when being asked the address/directions and the passenger tried to "reason" with him only after driver made up his mind not to service him. You don't have to be nice to someone who is wasting your time/money and can't even finish a sentence.

No, it didn't come off as rude. We only caught a few minutes of this, who knows how long this guy was in the car for. The passenger was clearly already wasting the drivers time, he was not cooperative when being asked the address/directions and the passenger tried to "reason" with him only after driver made up his mind not to service him. You don't have to be nice to someone who is wasting your time/money and can't even finish a sentence.

I thought people who work those kinds of jobs already understood what type of customers they could potentially be dealing with? Cab services get allot of business from drunk customers at night. If I signed up for the job I think I would be a little more patient and would feel obligated to get a intoxicated person safely to there destination. I would kind of feel like a dick to kick a drunk person out of my cab after knowing my system already took there money.

Nekofrog

Banned
Guy is a executive level employee at Taco Bell in his 30s, and is getting too piss drunk to get home, wearing his baseball hat backwards and assaulting a cab driver. What a loser. Grow up, dude.

Probably a Limp Bizkit fan, too. Crucify that man.

Salmonax

Then why couldn't the driver enter it himself if the guy was too drunk to do it?

Leaving a drunk guy stranded in the middle of nowhere doesn't sound like great service to me.

It doesn't give the driver the ability to determine where you live - it gives you that button as a passenger. If you're too drunk to slur out where you live, I'm not sure how anybody should be able to magically help you at that point.

Fbh

What an idiot.

I definitely wouldn't want to be an Uber (or cab at that) driver. At least not working night shifts, you have to deal with the same idiots than in a customer service job.... except several of them are drunk.

I'd say getting piss drunk at 32 to the point where you assault cab drivers is a pretty big issue for ANYONE, regardless of age.

Honestly, I think it comes down to the person more than the drunkenness level.
In all the times I've been drunk I've never felt like assaulting someone

sarcastor

Then why couldn't the driver enter it himself if the guy was too drunk to do it? Leaving a drunk guy stranded in the middle of nowhere doesn't sound like great service to me.

As a uber driver I have dealt with many drunk people. and people who are absolutely horrible with directions. 90% of the passengers I pickup are not where they are supposed to be cause they use the GPS function on their phone, and trying to get them to tell me where they actually are is like pulling teeth.

He's not in the middle of nowhere. He's in a parking lot in newport beach. With a cell phone. He's an adult, he'll live.

You know what's not great service? Getting pummeled about the head and shoulders and then getting your face slammed into a car door.

PreFire

Lol far from "hardcore". Just a fucked up situation

Drunk passenger slurring his words, can't give directions
Uber driver gets fed up, ends trip and asks passenger to leave
Passenger refuses and as he exits, throws a couple of haymakers behind the drivers head and pulls on his hair.
Driver pulls out mace from idk where, sprays the fuck out of the passenger and he exits
Driver follows passenger screaming "call the police" and "yeah! You got maced, motherfucker!"

No one was injured, not even a drop of blood (I didn't read the article lol). The driver's ear will be ringing for a while, for sure.

Sucky situation for the driver. Smart move to turn the dash cam around too.

I fucking LOL'd when he pulled the u-turn and the passenger was basically a rag doll at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom