• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Open-world Splinter Cell? Nice.

Ps4. Taken from my facebook hence shit quality. But I like this art mural:

Lbrj4gr.jpg

Nice.

Multiple ways. Some npcs around the map will allow you to enter another players game, sometimes the game asks you if you want to try it, or you can ask the game to let you invade another player.

Once you invade you either try to steal info from a player by avoiding their eyesight. Or you have to tail them without being detected by the player.

The person you invade will have no idea or notification that you are in the game. They will only be alerted if you interact with them by starting the hack, or if you start dickin around with the environment.

The tailing was designed as a way to edge on other players by seeing how much you can fuck with their surroundings before they find you. You can black out their world, blow stuff up or even put custom messages on signs across the map.

It's more fun tailing people you know irl. Because you can hack signs saying I'm watching you "name". And they won't know it was you unless they find you.

Looks really cool, and a more casual version of dark souls.

That sounds so freakin' cool.

Come on Tuesday!!

JLeack

Banned
If anything is going to surprise people the most, its that this game has great online. I'm as shocked with this as The Last of Us. Similarly, the multiplayer feels unique and is really interesting.

jesu

If anything is going to surprise people the most, its that this game has great online. I'm as shocked with this as The Last of Us. Similarly, the multiplayer feels unique and is really interesting.

That's good to hear.
I hope it sells well on the X1 and there's a healthy online community.

Is the online racing any good?

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Played about an hour, nothing to complain about so far :p

Took some screenshots (PS4, capture card)

14257146251_ee80d24d86_o.png

14260461935_23dbb6149a_o.png

14280634743_bfc286be89_o.png

red731

Just bought it via key seller on PC for 31eur - promo code that makes the order on ubi store 0, zero, 100% free.

My buttcheeks are clenched now since there is still no email from ubi or game on uPlay.

Gaz_RB

Playing on PS4?

Indeed.

how are YOU playing it now? this is all too much, if someone could just make origin unlock it real quick that'd be great.
No one gives a shit about release dates in Montana, apparently :D

I'm going to play for a few more hours to try to get past the honeymoon stage that happens when playing a new open world game, and then I'll write up some in depth impressions.

fasTRapid

Banned
Aside from the wonky through-the-door animation, that's the best footage I've seen so far and that black trench looks sexay! PC with Xbox controller, I assume?
That LOD pop-in on the car...
I don't see it... am I blind?
PS4 and Xbone aren't be on par with PC high settings?
They are. It's just that the upscaling worsens the picture noticeably compared to native 'high' on PC. :/

Crackbone

So I've been playing the PC version for about 3-4 hours. (Have to wait until Tues for the ps4 version) and while it does have some Ass Creed inspiration, it definitely plays more like splinter cell.

It's damn fun. All of the nonsense aside(downgrades etc) ubisoft has a really fun IP on their hands here.

So is the downloaded version on PSN store the best one to get with the most content? I have it reserved at GameStop right now. Dont really care about getting the disc based version.

Dolobill

My Amazon order shipped early. I've been playing for over an hour now. I can't say I'm really into it yet. It feels like I'm doing a lot of chores so far. Lots of chasing dudes, either on foot or in vehicles. My first impressions are pretty "meh" at this point. I'd expect a meta average in the 70's, most likely.

SDCowboy

My Amazon order shipped early. I've been playing for over an hour now. I can't say I'm really into it yet. It feels like I'm doing a lot of chores so far. Lots of chasing dudes, either on foot or in vehicles. My first impressions are pretty "meh" at this point. I'd expect a meta average in the 70's, most likely.

Are you typically not into quest/mission based games?

Dolobill

Are you typically not into quest/mission based games?

It depends on the game I guess. I loved AC4, and Sleeping Dogs was great. I just think it's been fairly dull so far. I would say that Sleeping Dogs, for example, hooked me a lot earlier with its more interesting characters, style and combat. I can't be too down on Watch Dogs yet, since I'm pretty early in the game. Maybe it'll pick up... but the majority of sidequests are just like, hack the points within a time limit, or chase the dude before he escapes...

liunli

Neo Member
The graphics on PS4 are so god damn awful...compared to PC.

I aint getting the inferior version in any way. Might get in on PC when it's on sale for $5

For those with the game, anyone else getting skill points early on like ubi is handing out candy? Feels like it may be a bug, otherwise I'd think they'd want the skill tree to be fleshed out a lot more slowly to pace out those skill unlocks.

gossi

Got it early on Xbox One. 20gb install (surprisingly small). Played 90 minutes. To be honest - a bit meh so far. It felt like lots of chores combined with Assassin's Creed mated with Splinter Cell for stealthy bits.

Graphically, I compared playing with some MP4 versions of PC gameplay and I'd say it's about 'High' from PC. During the daytime the game looks.. really bland most of the time. There's some good weather effects - fog actually looks good, and when it rains you get puddles that pool well (i.e. it looks realistic). Open water looks great, reminds me of those Skyrim water mods people made.

If I'm completely honest I'd say the difference between driving around in GTA 5 for the first time, watching the sun set (on an 8 year console) and driving around in Watch Dogs for the first time is interesting. I had feelings during GTA 5, and remember thinking "Wow, this is amazing". Played the first big 'next gen' game and ended up order take out instead.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Got it early on Xbox One. 20gb install (surprisingly small). Played 90 minutes. To be honest - a bit meh so far. It felt like lots of chores combined with Assassin's Creed mated with Splinter Cell for stealthy bits.

Graphically, I compared playing with some MP4 versions of PC gameplay and I'd say it's about 'High' from PC. During the daytime the game looks.. really bland most of the time. There's some good weather effects - fog actually looks good, and when it rains you get puddles that pool well (i.e. it looks realistic). Open water looks great, reminds me of those Skyrim water mods people made.

If I'm completely honest I'd say the difference between driving around in GTA 5 for the first time, watching the sun set (on an 8 year console) and driving around in Watch Dogs for the first time is interesting. I had feelings during GTA 5, and remember thinking "Wow, this is amazing". Played the first big 'next gen' game and ended up order take out instead.
Watching GTAV makes me think, "Wow, I need Dramamine."

dreamfall

Thanks for the impressions! Splinter Cell stealth in an open world sounds glorious- thank goodness it isn't Assassin's Creed Stealth!

I'll probably play it on High settings on my PC- just bought it on Steam, and I'm really excited. But the driving is definitely what bothers me the most. I had problems really enjoying the return to arcade-ish feel on GTA V after IV (though I still loved it immensely) and I'm not a huge fan of what I've seen. I hope it feels better, but I imagined I'll be walking a lot.

I loved Sleepy Dawgs. But I absolutely hated the driving.

Top Bottom