• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Larogue

Played about an hour, nothing to complain about so far :p

Took some screenshots (PS4, capture card)

14257146251_ee80d24d86_o.png

14260461935_23dbb6149a_o.png

14280634743_bfc286be89_o.png

No HUD, sounds fishy...photo mod detected.

gossi

Indeed.
I might even consider finding a way to make that type of weather permanent( aka looking for someone else to make it :p), looks so good.

Depends on how bad daytime looks.

Don't get me wrong, daytime isn't terribad... It's just a bit... "oh". When the weather starts to change (and it sometimes rains violently) or the sun starts to set it both looks and so feels different.

fasTRapid

Banned
The graphics on PS4 are so god damn awful...compared to PC.
Yes, they're inferior but you make it out to be a Far Cry 3 PC - PS3 difference. That was huge (and unplayable on the latter). PS4 version is totally fine if you chose it as is the XOne. The game's graphical flaws are present in all the versions and won't disappear through pure PC brute-force as 8K res and such. You'll always see its cross-gen roots but it has the potential to look stunning across the board in some conditions none the less.

This thread has single-handedly made me want this game ASAP. I wanted to hold off before but now it's rather a question of what version (read: Collector's / Vigilante / Deadsec and whatever the flying duck version there is) to get than for what price to wait...

omonimo

Banned
The graphics on PS4 are so god damn awful...compared to PC.

I aint getting the inferior version in any way. Might get in on PC when it's on sale for $5

Wait a minute, did you expected ps4 version was the superior? Oh wait, don't tell me: 900p high setting appeared awful compared to 4k ultra setting. This life is surprising.

liunli

Neo Member
Yes, they're inferior but you make it out to be a Far Cry 3 PC - PS3 difference. That was huge (and unplayable on the latter). PS4 version is totally fine if you chose it as is the XOne. The game's graphical flaws are present in all the versions and won't disappear through pure PC brute-force as 8K res and such. You'll always see its cross-gen roots but it has the potential to look stunning across the board in some conditions none the less.

This thread has single-handedly made me want this game ASAP. I wanted to hold off before but now it's rather a question of what version (read: Collector's / Vigilante / Deadsec and whatever the flying duck version there is) to get than for what price to wait...
It is a big difference imo
It's a blurry mess with no aa or af and not even 1080p resolution. Shadows are missing in some distant objects and trees that makes the game look flat and bland

So to those that have the game can I buy hats separately? Or can I at least buy suits with different hats? As of right now the black trench coat looks like the best option.

omonimo

Banned
It is a big difference imo
It's a blurry mess with no aa or af and not even 1080p resolution. Shadows are missing in some distant objects and trees that makes the game look flat and bland

A big difference to far cry 3 on ps360 compared to pc? O_O ps4 version it's basically the high setting pc version at 900p from what I have understood.

Maybe I'm not playing the same game. I'm really not attempting to troll or rain on the parade, as I was as excited as all of you, but so far, this is really average. Nothing stands out and it just feels disjointed.

For those who have more positive impressions, what am I missing?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I don't remember a downgrade of the graphic in the Last of Us to be honest.

I'm actually talking about the general representation of the game they showed in that unveil, not just the graphics. The game we got was VERY different. There was some pretty insane AI in that demo and it became clear that it was staged as hell once we got our hands on the actual game.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Maybe I'm not playing the same game. I'm really not attempting to troll or rain on the parade, as I was as excited as all of you, but so far, this is really average. Nothing stands out and it just feels disjointed.

For those who have more positive impressions, what am I missing?

Watched some streams on PS4 last night as a shit load of people were playing. Did nothing for me honestly, and I doubt the PC versions superior detailed tree shadows would change my mind.

Are there any real benefits to buying this with a preorder? By this I mean are there any preorder bonuses that are either really cool or significantly impact gameplay?

I still don't know if I want to get this right away or not. I am afraid that it will either be buggy for the first few patches or that they will release a 1080p patch in a month or two for the PS4 and I'd rather not play in 900p if I don't have too.

Plus, if I buy Watch_Dogs at $60 on release I won't be able to buy Sniper Elite 3 on release. I'm not too keen on paying $60 for games anymore.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
More. PS4, capture card.

14260739634_dc4d2c8979_o.png

14258981832_4403c4372c_o.png

can we get some daytime shots? many of the impressions i've read state that those look quite bland
Your wish is my command :p Yeah it doesn't look \hot in daytime, dat resolution and dem jaggies.. but hey at least the water looks great

14074482458_e43237a71f_o.png

14260734604_6e604c4618_o.png

14238005846_aedcdca9b6_o.png

More. PS4, capture card.

14260739634_dc4d2c8979_o.png

14258981832_4403c4372c_o.png

Your wish is my command :p Yeah it doesn't look hot in daytime, dat resolution and dem jaggies.. but hey at least the water looks great

14074482458_e43237a71f_o.png

14260734604_6e604c4618_o.png

14238005846_aedcdca9b6_o.png

Looking great!!

There are like 3 or 4 streams happening on live from playstation on the ps4 right now.

Top Bottom