• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

looks like gamefly is shipping these out today?

the PS4 version went from "coming soon" to "low"

Site usually takes a few hours to update, so damned if I know if they shipped me a copy or if I got fucked like with Wolfenstein (gamefly has been terrible about getting in enough PS4 copies of anything)

edit: oh right, monday is a holiday, makes sense they'd ship today

They shipped mine today... Totally forgot Monday is a holiday damnit :(

Seems like you're getting shafted though man... I've yet to miss a ps4 release with the good old only game in the queue trick. Just finished plat on wolfenstein, heres hoping you get the it next!

Ty4on

And also that AF. So many people worked on this game and yet it's still busted from a tech standpoint.

I don't notice bad AF a lot, but it really sticks out there. Makes one side of the building look like it's from the N64.

Edit: AA just seems to be a filter.

Still looks like open world jank to me. I'm sure they stand there repeating the same one or two lines ad nauseam right? Lets not forget graphics were not the only thing downgraded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU7...ou can somehow replicate that each crossroad.

Has anyone heard what the size if the digital version will be for PS4?
If I remember correctly, someone mentioned couple of pages earlier it's around 20GB on PS4, and around 16GB on PS3.

Edit: now that I see people talking about soundtrack - how many radio stations are in the game? Also, any idea/estimate how many songs are there?

How are people finding the "Hacking" system because i am watching a video of someone doing a gang hideout and using fuse boxes to kill the enemies. Is it fun or tedious ?

Kuldar

This game isn't a GTA clone..............it's open-world Splinter Cell
0e3.png

Gaz_RB

If I remember correctly, someone mentioned couple of pages earlier it's around 20GB on PS4, and around 16GB on PS3.

Edit: now that I see people talking about soundtrack - how many radio stations are in the game? Also, any idea/estimate how many songs are there?

No stations- just a playlist of songs.

As for the soundtrack, I believe what most people are referring to is the fantastic music during missions. Reminds me a bit of Drive and a bit of Mass Effect, actually. And a little bit of the Grand Theft Auto V original soundtrack.

Game was shipped by Gamefly today, though it shipped from the shipping center in buttfuck nowhere.... still it shipped and I have the whole summer to play it so woohoo I guess. I'll just have to hope that my Wolfenstein arrives here quickly so I can play that until Watch Dogs arrives.

Oni3298

Has anyone here seen the Doge style text that has the possibility of appearing when you hack a billboard?

I loled when it popped up, but was too slow to grab a screenshot before it disappeared. =[

Kelsey

Banned
PS4 version has pre-load.

You can tell which games offer pre-loads and which don't. I have Watchdogs, Destiny, and Last of Us pre-ordered now. Only Destiny has a countdown clock running. It's not counting down to release day. It's counting down to when I can pre-load it. I would assume Last of Us will get that clock once a release date is made official. Watchdogs wont unlock until release day.

No stations- just a playlist of songs.

As for the soundtrack, I believe what most people are referring to is the fantastic music during missions. Reminds me a bit of Drive and a bit of Mass Effect, actually. And a little bit of the Grand Theft Auto V original soundtrack.
So they're not divided into individual/genre playlists? Good to hear that original music is good tho, especially that it reminds you of those soundtracks you mentioned :D

Gaz_RB

So they're not divided into individual/genre playlists? Good to hear that original music is good tho, especially that it reminds you of those soundtracks you mentioned :D

They are divided into different genres, and then you can pick and choose what you want from each genre to compile a playlist. Yeah, I'm not disappointed in the soundtrack at all. I wasn't really expecting too much, but it's pleasantly surprising.

Jedi2016

Still no AF on the PS4 version. What the actual fuck? And why has no one asked devs like this why their game is lacking this one simple little effect that costs practically nothing and yet has a noticeably detrimental effect on image quality when it's missing? And why does it plague the PS4 more than any other console?

How are people finding the "Hacking" system because i am watching a video of someone doing a gang hideout and using fuse boxes to kill the enemies. Is it fun or tedious ?
i just played the first stealth mission after the tutorial on difficulty 3/4. I find quite hard to gather enemies at some point to trap them within a explosion, mostly you try to distrac them to pass through. There are plenty of option but I feel like it needs more. It controls great, you can be enough precise to throw a bait near a fuse box, activate the bait then explote the box but don't expect doing it fast, when an enemy approaches, better to move instead of doing elaborated distractions. You can hack a camera and from that camera more around more cameras to set trap, that feels nice because there is a strong tension when you are no seeing your character

You can tell which games offer pre-loads and which don't. I have Watchdogs, Destiny, and Last of Us pre-ordered now. Only Destiny has a countdown clock running. It's not counting down to release day. It's counting down to when I can pre-load it. I would assume Last of Us will get that clock once a release date is made official. Watchdogs wont unlock until release day.
it has preload in Europe. I've already downloaded and installed it on my PS4, now I've just got to wait for it to unlock.

SkylineRKR

Still no AF on the PS4 version. What the actual fuck? And why has no one asked devs like this why their game is lacking this one simple little effect that costs practically nothing and yet has a noticeably detrimental effect on image quality when it's missing? And why does it plague the PS4 more than any other console?

Weird. Its suspicious if true.

Although Tomb Raider had superior AF on PS4 afaik.

atomsk

Party Pooper
They shipped mine today... Totally forgot Monday is a holiday damnit :(

Seems like you're getting shafted though man... I've yet to miss a ps4 release with the good old only game in the queue trick. Just finished plat on wolfenstein, heres hoping you get the it next!

It's 2:30 round these parts, and still no email.

Guess I'm fucked, yet again.

5 years of gamefly using the queue trick (20+ in queue, only unreleased games) and never had any issues until PS4 games. I've had WD in there for months.

Bet I get screwed on Murdered: Soul Suspect as well.

Top Bottom