• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Jhn

Everyone comparing the game to an open-world splinter cell is actually making me excited for it again.

But I do find it weird that, if it is indeed the case that the gameplay is very splinter cell-esque, every piece of leaked footage features someone playing it like it's saints row.

Everyone comparing the game to an open-world splinter cell is actually making me excited for it again.

But I do find it weird that, if it is indeed the case that the gameplay is very splinter cell-esque, every piece of leaked footage features someone playing it like it's saints row.

Given thats the major audience, Ubisoft has to sell it to them first

the stream that IGN did they played it really well and stealthy i recommend it. Definitely made it feel like the game is open world splinter cell

sflufan

Banned
no

u6RJ3oq.jpg

This is what happens when "procedural generation" (which is what Watch_Dogs uses in determining the description of an individual and their profession) goes very, VERY wrong!

Jhn

the stream that IGN did they played it really well and stealthy i recommend it. Definitely made it feel like the game is open world splinter cell

Coincidentally, that was the single stream after the embargo lifted that I didn't watch. Thanks, I'll check it out.

This is what happens when "procedural generation" (which is what Watch_Dogs uses in determining the description of an individual and their profession) goes very, VERY wrong!

There's also a very good chance that it was intentional for the purpose of being funny. After all, surely the Aisha Tyler stuff wasn't just random, so it's possible someone decided to toss in this little joke.

Yep, I never quite thought of it like open world splinter cell, but that really is what the game strikes me as.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
What's wrong about it? It's clearly on purpose. HIV positive and blood donor aren't together by chance.

I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm not that far into it really, I've just been dicking about profiling people and stopping random crimes and causing mayhem with the hacking. I was being chased by cops so I hacked the bollards and the sent a cop car flying. Pissed myself laughing.

The combat is good, the game is better when you take a more tactical approach to combat and missions. Using stealth and hacking together is a lot of fun and the way the game feels like it should be played. Thankfully though for the more trigger happy you can just do the old kill everything. Cars are also good but obviously as with most open world game it really depends on the car and the persons preference to this type of stuff. I have no issue with the driving.

Visually the game is great and at times beautiful, especially at night and with some bad weather. Like Far Cry you can collect material to craft bombs etc There is also a good sized skill tree for you to unlock new hacking moves amongst other stuff like driving/combat perks.

And its not at all like Assassins Creed.

I haven't seen any tearing.

The images were dong using the ps4's share function , copied to usb then upload to minus.

*perked ears*

This game is pretty damn good, guys.

I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm not that far into it really, I've just been dicking about profiling people and stopping random crimes and causing mayhem with the hacking. I was being chased by cops so I hacked the bollards and the sent a cop car flying. Pissed myself laughing.

The combat is good, the game is better when you take a more tactical approach to combat and missions. Using stealth and hacking together is a lot of fun and the way the game feels like it should be played. Thankfully though for the more trigger happy you can just do the old kill everything. Cars are also good but obviously as with most open world game it really depends on the car and the persons preference to this type of stuff. I have no issue with the driving.

Visually the game is great and at times beautiful, especially at night and with some bad weather. Like Far Cry you can collect material to craft bombs etc There is also a good sized skill tree for you to unlock new hacking moves amongst other stuff like driving/combat perks.

And its not at all like Assassins Creed.

I haven't seen any tearing.

The images were dong using the ps4's share function , copied to usb then upload to minus.

This is why I always trust my gut instinct on these things. I never stopped believing this game had a strong shot at being really damn good.

DagsJT

Just bought a uPlay code. Was really looking forward to this, then went off due to poor impressions from videos etc, now hype back up from comments here.

iNvid02

so can you approach the missions blacklist style? im guessing there are gonna be some mandatory "gunz blazin yo" missions, but if you can approach most of them how you want thats really promising.

sjay1994

so can you approach the missions blacklist style? im guessing there are gonna be some mandatory "gunz blazin yo" missions, but if you can approach most of them how you want thats really promising.

This is what most people are saying about the mission structure. There are some mandatory firefights, but for the most part you can choose how you approach almost everything. And the tools are made convenient to the player. The creative director kept bringing up player expression as the main focus, and members of the team in general have said next gen won't be about graphics, it will be about players.

DukeBobby

Well, after hearing it's not like Assassin's Creed, my expectations have gone up...slightly.

It is a Ubisoft Montreal game after all, so I can't get too excited.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Yeah, I haven't been able to redeem any code that I have.

They will probably work on official launch day. Just like second son
Makes sense, thanks
Been playing for hours but only on act 1, just been driving/walking round doing side stuff
It's great so far, I like the 80's score when doing car missions, graphics are what I expected if not better, not exactly infamous good but good especially when rains.

Ghost23

Ugh it's hard to judge off impressions in a games first week out. I've never seen a game here have negative impressions when it first came out.

sunnz

One thing I dislike about pre ordering on the PC, impossible of getting the game before the release date :p

Pretty much every single game I have preordered on the consoles have come a day or two before

Oh well, the price difference makes up for it.

JambiBum

How does it work? You randomly join someone else's singleplayer game?

You join their SP game. You look like a civilian on their screen and they look like a civilian to you. The person getting invaded gets a notification that a player has entered their game. Depending on what specific mode it is different things happen. I don't have any friends that play it yet so I'm not sure if you can specify who you want to join or if it is just random.

sjay1994

How does it work? You randomly join someone else's singleplayer game?

Multiple ways. Some npcs around the map will allow you to enter another players game, sometimes the game asks you if you want to try it, or you can ask the game to let you invade another player.

Once you invade you either try to steal info from a player by avoiding their eyesight. Or you have to tail them without being detected by the player.

The person you invade will have no idea or notification that you are in the game. They will only be alerted if you interact with them by starting the hack, or if you start dickin around with the environment.

The tailing was designed as a way to edge on other players by seeing how much you can fuck with their surroundings before they find you. You can black out their world, blow stuff up or even put custom messages on signs across the map.

It's more fun tailing people you know irl. Because you can hack signs saying I'm watching you "name". And they won't know it was you unless they find you.

Looks really cool, and a more casual version of dark souls.

Multiple ways. Some npcs around the map will allow you to enter another players game, sometimes the game asks you if you want to try it, or you can ask the game to let you invade another player.

Once you invade you either try to steal info from a player by avoiding their eyesight. Or you have to tail them without being detected by the player.

The person you invade will have no idea or notification that you are in the game. They will only be alerted if you interact with them by starting the hack, or if you start dickin around with the environment.

The tailing was designed as a way to edge on other players by seeing how much you can fuck with their surroundings before they find you. You can black out their world, blow stuff up or even put custom messages on signs across the map.

It's more fun tailing people you know irl. Because you can hack signs saying I'm watching you "name". And they won't know it was you unless they find you.

Looks really cool, and a more casual version of dark souls.

banderas.gif.

Top Bottom