• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Gaz_RB

The downgrade is in every watch dogs thread. Hopefully when the game comes out, we will be talking more about it and its content, and not just its visuals.

Yeah the problem is that the majority don't have the game and don't have much else to talk about besides what they can see.

Gaz, one point that might be why the camera system doesn't work in bringing the cops to you, is that Aiden doesn't really show up to them. Whenever you see yourself through the camera, you get an ID error. Could be why a camera system won't bring the cops after you(guesswork, it's probably an oversight on ubi's part).

That's a good point actually. That's how I'll explain it to myself when I'm playing haha

Hope to see more posts like Gaz's instead of the tired downgrade talk (yes, I know it looks worse now - no, I don't still care).

I don't want to armchair moderate, but would it be possible to have downgrade talk separated into a different thread?

I use OTs to gauge quality, find out more about the game and get impressions from other users but it's been largely impossible in this one because there's such a blatant vested interest from some to guide the discussion towards negativity. It just isn't useful for anyone.

No one said you did need to care, but thanks for the update. When I see a screenshot of this game my brain cannot help but say "wow, that looks so much worse than I expected", and do you know why that is? Because Ubisoft chose to lie to people, and they showed the game back in 2012 looking AMAZING, and they even showed it again in 2013 looking very nice, and now today, in 2014 we're getting a game that looks a whole lot worse. So please, direct your anger with the complaining where it belongs, to Ubisoft. They are the reason so many people are complaining now.

For those interested, here is a shocking comparison moment in a preview video I just watched. They're showing how the game looks at night, and the guy begins complaining about it's visuals being lackluster, and then he transitions right into the 2012 footage, and having not seen that footage in a while now, my mind was kind of blown just how big a downgrade this game this game got.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-dOTDo1EKQ#t=333

DrBo42

Mid Act II and the story is surprisingly solid so far although I can see a very predictable "twist" coming. Whole lot of stealth opportunities in this game.

Kelsey

Banned
I meant using the music I have on my PC, but I guess that means no. :(

Spider Tank looks so much fun.

Sorry, as a console gamer I always respond as if the question was about the consoles. On PS4 and Xbox One you can create custom playlists from the included tracks. I can't answer for PC. Hopefully you have more freedom there.

2013, PS4:

wd3bfkca.jpg

2014, PS4:

watch_dogs_20140523_12fulz.png

What happened to the game?

Well, Kim and Kanye are getting married so that explains their absence.

No one said you did need to care, but thanks for the update. When I see a screenshot of this game my brain cannot help but say "wow, that looks so much worse than I expected", and do you know why that is? Because Ubisoft chose to lie to people, and they showed the game back in 2012 looking AMAZING, and they even showed it again in 2013 looking very nice, and now today, in 2014 we're getting a game that looks a whole lot worse. So please, direct your anger with the complaining where it belongs, to Ubisoft. They are the reason so many people are complaining now.

For those interested, here is a shocking comparison moment in a preview video I just watched. They're showing how the game looks at night, and the guy begins complaining about it's visuals being lackluster, and then he transitions right into the 2012 footage, and having not seen that footage in a while now, my mind was kind of blown just how big a downgrade this game this game got.

That's such a drastic difference.

RoKKeR

Biggest takeaway from the downgrade for me is the loss of atmosphere. The world just looks unbelievably sterile now, and that was something the 2012 and 2013 shined in not being.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"

Thanks for responding to me saying I'm tired of hearing about this by repeating everything I've been informed about ten times over. The point isn't that people shouldn't be angry at Ubisoft, it's that it's all been said by now. A lot. As you've demonstrated.

Pyronite

I'd absolutely love to know what sorry state this game was in before the delay. I think I'll get Wolfemstein instead. 1080/60 and looks sharp.

The most shocking thing in all of this is I've seen some gameplay streamed now and some.of it looks fun but the driving, pedestrians, story looks horrible. It reminds me of something like True Crime.

Sleeping Dogs isnt my favourite game ever but it's certainly memorable and I get the vibe that this game is a couple of notches below that, certainly no GTAV.

Obviously I'll reserve my final judgement until I've played it but damn colour me dissapointted and a little sorry for Ubi, they really failed on this one.

Game isn't released and gamer hasn't played game; game called failure by gamer because reasons.

Most of the impressions here (by people who have played the game) are pretty positive, though clearly nobody loves everything. Some gamers seem to lose all sense of perspective when discussing gaming – you're going to call Watch_Dogs a failure and take pity on Ubisoft prior to the first review, sales figure or personal experience with the game?

sunnz

How immersive the game looked and felt back in 2012 is what I really miss the most, as do most people.

Thankfully nighttime/cloudy daytime with rain looks quite good.

Well, Kim and Kanye are getting married so that explains their absence.

XD

I work in games as an artist. I don't see what people see wrong with these pics? one is more blury and compressed. Its like how on webcam people look more attractive because it hides the issues and you fill in the blanks. rose tint anyone?

as for the floor, lighting, angle and specular all come into it. also dx11 displacement anyone? in one shot and not the other. maybe it got pulled because it ruined things to load it in and out on foot but to remove it when you drive as you don't need all that memory if you speed past it and its on screen for half a second.....then you get the driving bottleneck issue

Infamous Second son trailers, all in game footage ( That I seen here on TV in the UK)
Watch dogs, CGI ( that I have seen here on TV in the UK)

Says it all really.

hmmmm. does it? most people don't nit pick like we are. on their HD tv's it will look fine to them. the CGI can pull people in better. take dead island's CGI trailer.
I'd be more worried about the day 1 embargo. what are they hiding? it playes well for me.

Still really looking forward to getting my hands on this. I guess the whole downgrade situation hasn't really bothered me, much like it didn't bother me with Dark Souls II simply because I don't trust reveal trailers.

Do I wish it looked like the reveal? Of course, but I never really expected it to. Especially when it comes to Ubisoft, did people just forget about Far Cry 3? I fully expect to see the same again next year with The Division.

Performance issues? That is a complaint I can get behind.

Katyusha

The fact that Move On Up by Curtis Mayfield is on the soundtrack means that it's a winner in my book. It also helps that there's a Weezer song from Pinkerton and a Chicago song from Chicago II. I guess I could understand not liking the soundtrack if you were a metal fan though.

Facepalming at the speed of light

BobMpfACQAALKKC.jpg:large

To be fair, Ubi probably put this in the game early in their development because it was and IS still a popular meme. Just because it's getting overused because it is popular isn't a reason to facepalm. Hell, half of the current jokes about Watch Dogs utilize the doge meme.

HowZatOZ

Banned
2013, PS4:

wd3bfkca.jpg

2014, PS4:

watch_dogs_20140523_12fulz.png

What happened to the game?

Funny enough, current one looks far cleaner now then the 2013 footage. Looks way too blurry and just not natural, where as the bottom one seems to actually represent real life daytime. Maybe that's why everyone is up in arms, it doesn't have a stupid amount of sun flares and DOF added to it.

How immersive the game looked and felt back in 2012 is what I really miss the most, as do most people.

Thankfully nighttime/cloudy daytime with rain looks quite good.

What does this mean exactly, everyone keeps falling back on this when comparing the 2012 footage? Watch Dogs still has everything that 2012 featured, including blackouts, jamming, pulling poles up and all that jazz. It still feels immersive to me and I don't think graphics have changed how the gameplay works.

The fact that Move On Up by Curtis Mayfield is on the soundtrack means that it's a winner in my book. It also helps that there's a Weezer song from Pinkerton and a Chicago song from Chicago II. I guess I could understand not liking the soundtrack if you were a metal fan though.

I was really happy to see Alkaline trio, weezer and kid cudi, some good tunes right there!

so tell me, when did you grow out of metal?

Katyusha

I was really happy to see Alkaline trio, weezer and kid cudi, some good tunes right there!

so tell me, when did you grow out of metal?

I didn't really grow out of metal. I just started branching out into other genres like soul, jazz, classical, and funk because I figured being more open minded with music would help me become a better bass player. I still listen to metal, but these days it's more older thrash like Metallica, Megadeth, etc.

Also, sorry for going off topic

rashbeep

Banned
I didn't really grow out of metal. I just started branching out into other genres like soul, jazz, classical, and funk because I figured being more open minded with music would help me become a better bass player. I still listen to metal, but these days it's more older thrash like Metallica, Megadeth, etc.

Also, sorry for going off topic

9d2fb44d7a3a7d76a987868d4d15f7c92dae9df86d0b635424b6670919d0ac13.jpg

HowZatOZ

Banned
Tired of hearing about the graphics, just want to know if it is a fun game!

It is :) Very fun, very open-world in its nature and I can easily see myself coming back into at any time to just mess around with the world. It gives me the exact same feeling of GTA, where I don't feel "done" with the game and can just keep revisiting Chicago finding something new.

Yeah, it got downgraded. We got it now..don't need anyone else mentioning it. Let's discuss the game. I bet half the people bitching in this thread aren't even purchasing the game.

I like the soundtrack so far. the OST is pretty righteous as well

Top Bottom