• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

BY2K

Membero Americo
lol this is hilarious. This a video of one of the privacy invasions, some might consider it spoilery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K49u5jDxGA&feature=youtu.be

1MvqGTD.gif

Just... wow.

Yes, and the soundtrack is great. Made better, you can customize what is played and what isn't, unlock 21 new songs, and listen to the music while NOT in a car if you want.

Hah, what? I've honestly never actively disliked a videogame soundtrack until I played Watch Dogs. It's terrible.

ttech10

Stand corrected, my university I went to a "college of engineering." I'd still be interested to hear of a college named school performing research. While universities are broken into colleges I'm not sure that college only named schools perform research. W/e glad the game is getting some positive impressions, will pick up later on a deep discount, Mario kart will own me for some time.

The University I went to has a building on it called "University College". Wikipedia tells me only 12 Universities in the US have that.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Wait, people are complaining about it saying graduated from university? Really? In Australia that is exactly what we call the highest education level, why is this so immersion breaking? Actually why is it even being discussed?

For those wanting it cheap on PC, GMG has it at $59 for the Deluxe Edition, $49 for standard. I don't think they have a coupon going at the moment.

Mik2121

You missed my point but maybe I wasn't clear.

United States Americans call higher education "college". It doesn't matter if you went to a university like me. It doesn't matter if you went to a two-year community college. It doesn't matter if you got a doctorate at Harvard University. People refer to it as college. In Canada (and the UK too, as far as I know) it's refered to as University or Uni.

So: Higher Education in the United States is referred to generally as college. (Again, this is despite whether the individual school is a college or a collection of colleges in the form of a university.) Higher Education in Canada/across the pond is referred to generally as University.

And it was used in that context, trust me.

None of that matters though. The point I was trying to make, in concurrence with the poster I was replying to. Is that little things like that matter when the world of the game is such an important part. "An helicopter" would take me out of the experience as well.

I feel for you.... :/

I'm more than fine with things like "An helicopter" or going to "university". If it's part of their description and those descriptions are supposed to be (in-game lore-wise I mean) written by their owners in some sort of social network or some census or something, it's expected that they all write things in different ways.

Even if it isn't... being taken out of the experience because someone's description says "an" instead of "a" sounds like a bit too much to me.

Marcel

I feel for you.... :/

I'm more than fine with things like "An helicopter" or going to "university". If it's part of their description and those descriptions are supposed to be (in-game lore-wise I mean) written by their owners in some sort of social network or some census or something, it's expected that they all write things in different ways.

Even if it isn't... being taken out of the experience because someone's description says "an" instead of "a" sounds like a bit too much to me.

It's almost like he's overly fixated on his immersion level in a game where you hack with a single button press, collect giant AR coins, and control a robot spider tank. Those things aren't a big deal but one word versus another is just too much, man.

Gaz_RB

How is the OST? I don't really care about the licensed tracks.

I really like it. I kind of mentioned earlier, but they definitely took some cues from GTAV. I'd say it's not quite as good as GTA's but it really makes the missions better. I think someone on the last page had a link to the OST..

I've also been spoiled by Wolfenstien and Transistor's great OSTs too.

DukeBobby

I really like it. I kind of mentioned earlier, but they definitely took some cues from GTAV. I'd say it's not quite as good as GTA's but it really makes the missions better. I think someone on the last page had a link to the OST..

I've also been spoiled by Wolfenstien and Transistor's great OSTs too.

Well, GTA V had Tangerine Dream, and it doesn't get much better than that.

Found the link on the last page. I'll check it out.

Just ordered this on Amazon...should be fun :)

In canada game prices went up to $69.99 (plus 13% tax where i am) but amazon.ca had it for the good old $59.99 + free shipping so i jumped on it :)

Pyronite

I like the concept of a "splinter cell" type GTA, so definitely getting this game, but used. Just can't condone this kind of downgrade that removes a large part of what drew me to the IP in the first place.

You definitely want the game but you don't want a penny to go to the people who spent years creating it because next-gen consoles couldn't match their early PC-based demo?

I probably take this a little more personally than many posters on GAF, but that just never feels right to me.

Furyous

It took me eight hours to download trials so hopefully the preload starts Monday morning.

Is online disabled for players that don't have PSN/XBL?

MattyG

Banned
Should I go PC (i5-3570k @3.4, GTX760 2GB, 8GB RAM), or PS4? I have friends getting it on PS4, and I'd rather play a lengthy open world game on my TV, so I'm leaning that way. I just don't know if the possible (probably minor if there is any) graphical upgrade is worth getting it on PC or not.

Xyber

I like the concept of a "splinter cell" type GTA, so definitely getting this game, but used. Just can't condone this kind of downgrade that removes a large part of what drew me to the IP in the first place.

A bit better graphics is the main thing that made you interested in the game? And because you can't get that graphics (that they showed on a PC that is more powerful than PS4) on consoles you skip the game?

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

Should I go PC (i5-3570k @3.4, GTX760 2GB, 8GB RAM), or PS4? I have friends getting it on PS4, and I'd rather play a lengthy open world game on my TV, so I'm leaning that way. I just don't know if the possible (probably minor if there is any) graphical upgrade is worth getting it on PC or not.

That's why I was asking as well. I know my PC will handle it on Ultra but I feel like this is more of a couch game and PC is in my office. Too bad you can't play through the game on either and have saved data transfer back and forth between the two.

RE_Player

After seeing the ending and most of the major story beats I'm very curious to how this game will be received. Seems like all hype and little substance.

Marcel

After seeing the ending and most of the major story beats I'm very curious to how this game will be received. Seems like all hype and little substance.

You mean the "You are a scowling white man and [tragedy] has happened to you. Are you a bad enough dude to hack the Gibson?" plot wasn't actually that great after all? ;)

Top Bottom