• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Gaz_RB

Should I go PC (i5-3570k @3.4, GTX760 2GB, 8GB RAM), or PS4? I have friends getting it on PS4, and I'd rather play a lengthy open world game on my TV, so I'm leaning that way. I just don't know if the possible (probably minor if there is any) graphical upgrade is worth getting it on PC or not.

I vote PS4. I don't think your specs are high enough to get a significant boost over the PS4 to outweigh all the other positives you have mentioned.

RE_Player

You mean the "You are a scowling white man and [tragedy] has happened to you. Are you a bad enough dude to hack the Gibson?" plot wasn't actually that great after all? ;)
Well when you put it that way... Joking aside though maybe I was just hoping for something in the tone of the initial reveal and with some subtlety but that seems impossible with these "all hands on deck" Ubisoft projects.

BnAxLBe.png

pZTnPK0.png
LOL thanks, man.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
4770K, GTX 770 4GB, 16GB RAM
Should I go PC (i5-3570k @3.4, GTX760 2GB, 8GB RAM), or PS4? I have friends getting it on PS4, and I'd rather play a lengthy open world game on my TV, so I'm leaning that way. I just don't know if the possible (probably minor if there is any) graphical upgrade is worth getting it on PC or not.
borderline I guess. I think for ultra you need 3gb vram anyway? so, yeah, if you can't play your pc on TV, i say ps4.

Marcel

Well when you put it that way... Joking aside though maybe I was just hoping for something in the tone of the initial reveal and with some subtlety but that seems impossible with these "all hands on deck" Ubisoft projects.

Hm, yeah. I was saying in here earlier that the huge Ubisoft content pipeline means focus and nuance in design will be harder to come by. Too many cooks in the kitchen as they say.

Got a lot of hacking done tonight on my stream. Got completely wrecked one time though when my driver side door was blocked and I exited right in front of my target lol.

Really love the hacking stuff.

Oh and I found a super cheap spot to hack from. And now around 1000 people know about it. :p

Got a lot of hacking done tonight on my stream. Got completely wrecked one time though when my driver side door was blocked and I exited right in front of my target lol.

Really love the hacking stuff.

Oh and I found a super cheap spot to hack from. And now around 1000 people know about it. :p
i thought the game hasn't been officially released yet. it'd be funny if Ubisoft reset all the stats and data on release day.

HowZatOZ

Banned
After seeing the ending and most of the major story beats I'm very curious to how this game will be received. Seems like all hype and little substance.

It will be just like GTA's past stories - fun but will be forgettable when people get lost in the city's atmosphere and side missions. I loved GTA V's story, but it wasn't that which had me booting it up every day, it was the actual gameplay and the free-roaming aspect that really kept me going. Watch Dogs will definitely appease that.

Do not agree with this at all. In the U.S., college is an appropriate term for universities, it denotes nothing about the quality of the education. And nobody says "I graduated from University."

No shit, I said no one says "I attend university." The point is, in the context of the game, no one says that. It was listed in a bio that he attends a university. It's like the weirdest nit-picking ever in a thread already filled the brim with horseshit.

K.Sabot

That moment is a crafted ass moment if there ever was one, I would be offended if it didn't look close to the reveal. If only the rain looked as good, I'm still impressed by it.

Chanser

I guess my PC can run this, but the 5770 is holding me back. Still waiting for Nvidia to release their major maxwell cards.

Going to buy this if it runs well, thanks for the demo Ubi... ugh :(

i5 2500K CPU
4GB Ram
6950 2GB GPU

trying to run at 1080

What do you reckon? Not fussed with 30fps, not fussed with lower settings.

Anywhere you can buy this that give you the key straight away?

Ploid 3.0

It was just mentioned on the IGN stream but yeah, what if when you were looking through the CTOs Database going through random house cameras and crossed your own kinect cam (intentional)? Also what if people could upload a short clip from their kinect to be added to the random cam data (uploaded to the cloud) for even more awesome randomness?

Maybe Watch Dogs 2

maneil99

It was just mentioned on the IGN stream but yeah, what if when you were looking through the CTOs Database going through random house cameras and crossed your own kinect cam (intentional)? Also what if people could upload a short clip from their kinect to be added to the random cam data (uploaded to the cloud) for even more awesome randomness?

Maybe Watch Dogs 2

Nudity

Ploid 3.0

The CTOs cam surveillance that use the wireframes.
There's a guy in game doing the penis wiggle and there's a blip following it

Spoilered it in case a random CTOs cam content is a spoiler. Basically there's nudity wireframe in the game already.

Example but, maybe it would use some other less detailed style that matches the WD wireframe.
bKoRLM3.jpg

Shallwhat

Banned
So I guess GameFly already shipped me this game yesterday (Saturday). This is awesome, because now if I don't get it Monday, I will definitely get it on Tuesday!

Top Bottom