• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

CSX

lol this is hilarious. This a video of one of the privacy invasions, some might consider it spoilery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K49u5jDxGA&feature=youtu.be

So this is coming full circle :p
32PBEj7.jpg

ttech10

Ubi releases all of their pre-order items shortly after launch so you can get them all and many games don't lend well to demos, nor do many teams find them to be a useful way to represent the game in the big picture when they can show it off in interview live plays and other releases themselves.

"Having" it is not necessary.

Personally, I find console gaming on the home theater more enjoyable in many cases, too.

I kind of get the demo thing, and how it can hurt more than help (not to mention having to spend additional resources on making said demo that may hurt more than help), but it's still something I miss. I just know I've bought numerous games based off a demo that I didn't even think about buying previously.

Are you positive about their pre-order bonuses. I'm on AC IV right now and can't see any of the pre-order items (islands, costumes, guns, swords or ship items). I would love to buy the game a month after launch, without that <insert store name here> Edition text/logo written on it, and still get all the bonuses.

That is a terrible comparison because trucks actually have different, useful purposes but oh well. I will enjoy playing Watch Dogs on my PC via the couch in any case.

That's true, but it doesn't necessarily make it better than a car, or vice versa. PC vs console. Cat vs dog. Car vs truck. Firm mattress vs plush mattress. Football vs soccer. They are all pointless arguments because they are based on opinion and preference. But as you said, this is getting off topic.

Are you positive about their pre-order bonuses. I'm on AC IV right now and can't see any of the pre-order items (islands, costumes, guns, swords or ship items). I would love to buy the game a month after launch, without that <insert store name here> Edition text/logo written on it, and still get all the bonuses.

ACIV and presumably Watch Dogs have a gold edition available, that comes with the season pass and all preorder DLC in the case of AC4, for $80.

EDIT: Digital gold edition on the PSN store, pc has a gold edition for AC4 as well.

Agh, I just CANNOT decide which version to get, though I'm leaning toward PS4. My specs are pretty much the same as whoever just recently posted theirs. (3570k, GTX 750 Ti 2GB, 8GB RAM) I don't care too much about graphical difference, though that pop-in was interesting. Regardless of which one I choose, i'll be playing it on the same monitor. I'm thinking PS4 just so it will get some usage.

Also, I really haven't been following this at all. Besides the graphics, are there any differences between the PC and PS4 version?

Dennis

Banned
Watch_Dogs PC has higher resolution and more AA compared to PS4 but other than that it really doesn't look like they bothered to make the versions much different.

I don't think people playing on PS4 should feel they are missing anything really.

sirap

Agh, I just CANNOT decide which version to get, though I'm leaning toward PS4. My specs are pretty much the same as whoever just recently posted theirs. (3570k, GTX 750 Ti 2GB, 8GB RAM) I don't care too much about graphical difference, though that pop-in was interesting. Regardless of which one I choose, i'll be playing it on the same monitor. I'm thinking PS4 just so it will get some usage.

Also, I really haven't been following this at all. Besides the graphics, are there any differences between the PC and PS4 version?

I'd probably go with PS4 version just for online, achievements and ease of use. I have a beastly rig, but man I don't want to deal with Ubi's shit PC optimizations.

hmmm do some research if the 750ti will be a chokepoint.

Theres also the factor that watchdogs pc codes on ebay are like $30-35, $45 on gmg, while ps4 watch dogs is $60 everywhere i've looked.

Denton

Watch_Dogs PC has higher resolution and more AA compared to PS4 but other than that it really doesn't look like they bothered to make the versions much different.

I don't think people playing on PS4 should feel they are missing anything really.

The greatest difference/improvement is, as usual, 60fps.

HowZatOZ

Banned
That is a terrible comparison because trucks actually have different, useful purposes but oh well. I will enjoy playing Watch Dogs on my PC via the couch in any case
GTA V's highways/feeder roads did the same thing, hopefully on the PC there is a pedestrian/draw distance toggle.

There is no, or very little pop-in with PC. I haven't noticed anything at the very least.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
So playability wise. I am really enjoying this game, but I am shocked at how poor it looks in the daytime on ps4 :( really is off putting

ttech10

ACIV and presumably Watch Dogs have a gold edition available, that comes with the season pass and all preorder DLC in the case of AC4, for $80.

EDIT: Digital gold edition on the PSN store, pc has a gold edition for AC4 as well.

But so if all I wanted was the GameStop bonuses but didn't want to pre-order because I couldn't get hands on with the game, the only way to ever get that pre-order bonus after release would be to buy a special edition of the game for a much higher price or wait additional months for the special edition to drop in price? That sounds like a terrible alternative to downloading the game a few days before release, spending an hour with it to see how it plays then delete it (which I do understand most don't) and either decide not to buy the game or to pre-order it for the bonus at regular price.

I will admit that some games don't require that method as the first batch will ship with the code in the case so you have the opportunity to get pre-order bonuses without pre-ordering as well as the chance to play the game (if a friend has it or the store has a demo) before you buy, but not every game does that.

Uploaded the best hacking job I've done yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjgaG74UYBg

Ripped from Twitch though so shit quality.

That was pretty good, definitely would have beaten me. Not sure how I feel about losing points for failing to stop the intrusion, has me hoping I'm not too bad at it (or come across anyone as good as you are). It does look really interesting though.

I'd probably go with PS4 version just for online, achievements and ease of use. I have a beastly rig, but man I don't want to deal with Ubi's shit PC optimizations.

I dunno, seems to be optimized fairly well, especially given the fact that it's not even officially out yet and AMD/Nvidia have yet to release new drivers. I've got a locked 30 FPS with everything on medium/high and SMAA on my laptop (GTX750m, i7-3630QM @ 2.40ghz, 8 GB RAM).

HowZatOZ

Banned
I dunno, seems to be optimized fairly well, especially given the fact that it's not even officially out yet and AMD/Nvidia have yet to release new drivers. I've got a locked 30 FPS with everything on medium/high and SMAA on my laptop (GTX750m, i7-3630QM @ 2.40ghz, 8 GB RAM).

Nvidia has released drivers for Watch Dogs and Wolfenstein, albeit they aren't available through their channels yet (only Guru3D).

imtehman

Banned

really, then whats up with all the noise concerning the minute resolution difference between the xbone and the ps4?

But so if all I wanted was the GameStop bonuses but didn't want to pre-order because I couldn't get hands on with the game, the only way to ever get that pre-order bonus after release would be to buy a special edition of the game for a much higher price or wait additional months for the special edition to drop in price? That sounds like a terrible alternative to downloading the game a few days before release, spending an hour with it to see how it plays then delete it (which I do understand most don't) and either decide not to buy the game or to pre-order it for the bonus at regular price.

the preorder DLC isnt sold separately on PSN for AC4, the gold edition isnt really that much more at launch than retail, its the same price as game + season pass, and you get the preorder stuff from all retailers as a bonus. Its not a good deal to buy that edition NOW, but if you were going to buy the game around launch, its a good deal. The preorder DLC may be listed in the in-game store in AC4, but i cant verify that as i own the gold edition so its there for me regardless.

EDIT: Also, the gold editions appear to be download only, no retail option. I feel that this move is intentional in order to justify the higher price for a longer period of time for people that want all of the games content. In any case, thats all i can really tell you with regards to your situation, either preorder at a retailer of your choice, or buy the gold edition on PSN (or steam/uplay for pc) if you want a specific bonus,

thatJohann

I really hope we get a patch on PS4 soon to at least fix the awful FLAT or non existent lighting on day time. It just looks off. I can't take how bland it looks. Nothing pops. It's just there looking generic and boring.

Also would like some anti aliasing please. Jaggies make the cars look like cell shaded low poly boxes.

Aside from that, enjoying the game. Just really needs a lighting fix.

The real disappointing thing so far is all the non story stuff in this kinda suck. The mini games are random and felt bolted on. Money is pretty pointless because you unlock most of the guns, and you don't need to buy cars. The game needs hideout system or something to out all this cash into. Tons of collectsthon crap that don't add much. The spying on civilians is pretty fun. Gang hideouts are real fun. But that's about it.

For an open world game made by ubisoft's nation size dev team, I'd expect an open world similar to rock star tier. This feels like a budget open world like sleeping dogs.

Animator

I really hope there is a way to unlock the spidertank for the main campaign once you beat the game or something because that would be amazing. :D

Also is there a new game+ ?

M.W.

The real disappointing thing so far is all the non story stuff in this kinda suck. The mini games are random and felt bolted on. Money is pretty pointless because you unlock most of the guns, and you don't need to buy cars. The game needs hideout system or something to out all this cash into. Tons of collectsthon crap that don't add much. The spying on civilians is pretty fun. Gang hideouts are real fun. But that's about it.

For an open world game made by ubisoft's nation size dev team, I'd expect an open world similar to rock star tier. This feels like a budget open world like sleeping dogs.

Well, I enjoyed Sleeping Dogs more than GTA5. Can't wait for this.

iMax

Any word on Xbox One vs PS4 graphics? Can't work out which platform to get it on. Most of my friends are grabbing Xbox One but if the graphics are that much worse, I'll pick it up on PS4.

Ellite25

I keep seeing people say 2gb of VRAM isn't enough and that's what I have on my 770.

So does that mean console would be the way to go? If so that's kinda shitty, I just bought the damn card.

Well, I enjoyed Sleeping Dogs more than GTA5. Can't wait for this.
It was great lol. Just the open world stuff was quite bare in SD and most was pretty meh. Hated the security camera drug bust thing. And the collectsthon stuff was meh after you get all the moves statues, which you get most from story progression anyhow.

There team was small and it was there first open world thing I believe. Ubisoft has no excuse IMO.

Any word on Xbox One vs PS4 graphics? Can't work out which platform to get it on. Most of my friends are grabbing Xbox One but if the graphics are that much worse, I'll pick it up on PS4.

There were some pics a while back, biggest difference seemed to be that the One had slightly worse textures and slightly worse lighting. I mean you can tell the difference when looking at them side by side but it isn't a massive difference.

Daedardus

It was great lol. Just the open world stuff was quite bare in SD and most was pretty meh. Hated the security camera drug bust thing. And the collectsthon stuff was meh after you get all the moves statues, which you get most from story progression anyhow.

There team was small and it was there first open world thing I believe. Ubisoft has no excuse IMO.

How is the interactibility with the game world? Is there a sense of openness and freedom like many accessible buildings (for an open world game)? Is there any attention to detail?

Riozaki

Banned
My friend has PS4 and X1 but he hasn't decide yet which version he should buy. He think X1 looks better in some comparison video in YouTube. Anyone here saw the two version? And which one do you think is better?

iMax

There were some pics a while back, biggest difference seemed to be that the One had slightly worse textures and slightly worse lighting. I mean you can tell the difference when looking at them side by side but it isn't a massive difference.

Cheers man, sounds good. Might pick it up on XO then.

Ploid 3.0

really, then whats up with all the noise concerning the minute resolution difference between the xbone and the ps4?

He was replying to the differences. Other than resolution, 60fps (depending on specs), and AA which are important, the PC version don't have much differences to the PS4 version. They both have same modes, features, and possibly similar textures.

How is the interactibility with the game world? Is there a sense of openness and freedom like many accessible buildings (for an open world game)? Is there any attention to detail?

Nada.

You can hack and listen to conversations of npcs, and I never have heard a repeat. That's about it. Even the stores have no personality. Every gun store sells the same guns. Every clothes store sells the same clothes.

I feel nothing about the world, which is like every open world city game besides rockstar IMO.

The good thing though is core gameplay is quite fun. Hacking + something similar to Blacklist predator playstyle of aggressive stealth. So overall I dig it. Not the best thing ever, but a solid 8 from about halfway done.

So how sick is this sick game? So sick.

http://a.pomf.se/frnmsw.webm

Yes, I love my new black trench :)
http://a.pomf.se/tatgva.webm

http://a.pomf.se/hnvsrr.webm

Little boat trip
http://a.pomf.se/rmlbqs.webm

PC with X360 controller, right.

Don't shoot people on benches, they gain strange super powers until they die. This man decided he could levitate.

http://a.pomf.se/mkcgev.webm

Higher resolution and ambient occlusion on PS4. I think that's the main differences.

Fun little glitch I stumbled upon, this asian lady became a man.
http://a.pomf.se/kxkotz.webm

Hah, that looks fantastic. I can see myself really enjoying this.

I'm sure this has already asked and answered already, but can those who have it comment on the mission design? Is it as repetitive as past Ubi open world games or is there some variety thrown into the mix?

Epcott

The online so fucking funny man, hacking ppl an watching them search for you in plain sight is hilarious lol

Yeah, I was pretty underwhelmed by the game myself. Even sat and watched a live stream to the very end with zero fucks given.

But when I saw multiplayer and the cat and mouse hacking, I was in love.

One player hacked this guy who, as a result, became frantic trying to find him. So the guy began indiscriminately shooting nearby citizens in a plaza trying to find the player hacking him, like a scene from a terror plot unfolding. Eventually, the police pinned him down and there was a massive shoot out. While watching this all unfold safely behind a truck, the player triggered a blackout during the police shoot out and walked away with the info.

It was at that moment I realized I need to buy this game, badly.

Top Bottom