• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

iMax

Yeah, I was pretty underwhelmed by the game myself. Even sat and watched a live stream to the very end with zero fucks given.

But when I saw multiplayer and the cat and mouse hacking, I was in love.

One player hacked this guy who, as a result, became frantic trying to find him. So the guy began indiscriminately shooting nearby citizens in a plaza trying to find the player hacking him, like a scene from a terror plot unfolding. Eventually, the police pinned him down and there was a massive shoot out. While watching this all unfold safely behind a truck, the player triggered a blackout during the police shoot out and walked away with the info.

It was at that moment I realized I need to buy this game, badly.

So about that hacking... is it just random people or does it matchmake you with your friends if they're online?

ttech10

the preorder DLC isnt sold separately on PSN for AC4, the gold edition isnt really that much more at launch than retail, its the same price as game + season pass, and you get the preorder stuff from all retailers as a bonus. Its not a good deal to buy that edition NOW, but if you were going to buy the game around launch, its a good deal. The preorder DLC may be listed in the in-game store in AC4, but i cant verify that as i own the gold edition so its there for me regardless.

EDIT: Also, the gold editions appear to be download only, no retail option. I feel that this move is intentional in order to justify the higher price for a longer period of time for people that want all of the games content. In any case, thats all i can really tell you with regards to your situation, either preorder at a retailer of your choice, or buy the gold edition on PSN (or steam/uplay for pc) if you want a specific bonus,

I've already got it pre-ordered, so that's not the issue anymore. It's just a shame that if you want a pre-order bonus you either have to put complete faith in the game being worth it or pay more after release to get the bonus. I just wish more games would at least have the codes in the box so you can buy the game a day or two later and still get the bonus (this game, at least for GameStop, will have the code on the receipt).

I keep seeing people say 2gb of VRAM isn't enough and that's what I have on my 770.

So does that mean console would be the way to go? If so that's kinda shitty, I just bought the damn card.

You probably won't fully know until updated Nvidia drivers are released and tested. From what I've seen though, with High settings and Ultra textures/detail, VRAM is constantly between 2.6 and 2.8 GB (with a 280x). I'm not sure how much drivers can change, though, as well as how well optimization can be done to the game via patches. It may be possible at all high settings and locked at 30fps, I think a lot depends on your CPU as all my screenshots show CPU use in the 70s-80s and GPU at 50s-60s unless I'm inside, then GPU usage shoots up.

This thread might be worth looking at, guy with an "older" CPU at 4GHz, GTX 760 and 6GB RAM.

DOWN

Banned
I've already got it pre-ordered, so that's not the issue anymore. It's just a shame that if you want a pre-order bonus you either have to put complete faith in the game being worth it or pay more after release to get the bonus. I just wish more games would at least have the codes in the box so you can buy the game a day or two later and still get the bonus (this game, at least for GameStop, will have the code on the receipt).

You don't have to buy a physical pre-order. You can read reviews throughout the first few days of release and cancel or return. You also can often buy and redeem your pre-order, and if you really must, return the game itself.

And you can buy the ACIV bonuses separate from the game. They are just a pack available in the game store. You can get the game for less than original release even after buying that pack.

And to those saying that the console games are $60 everywhere, I'm a Best Buy GCU member and I pre-ordered so I get Watch Dogs for $48 and a $10 reward credit back. This applies for all the PS4 titles I'm buying this year. (Wolfenstein got me $20 in rewards).

Sevenfold

I have no idea, the streamer was mute and didn't respond to messages. I hope it's both!

From what I've read you can limit invasions to just your friends, as for having both (ie random but more likely players on your friends list) I'm not sure.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
I really like the AR stuff. Pretty fun.

And more screenshots. (PS4, capture card)

14260973151_c7f9a2d92b_o.png

14077644669_5d22fd90a6_o.png

14241185836_8bff965243_o.png

Tell me if you guys don't want more of these here.

iMax

Wow. I can't believe this is PS4. Damn, this game is gorgeous at night.

edit: more night shots please!! xD

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is the game optimized enough?
I have an i7 4770K, SLI GTX670 and 8gb RAM, will it be enough to run it in Ultra?

You'd need to drop texture quality down to High but everything else should be fine. At present the game's SLI profile is rather poor, however I'd assume that Nvidia is working on an improved profile and just wanted to get something out in time for launch (some level of SLI support is better than none).

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

O.O Wow, more people need to see this. So yes, please continue with these.
EDIT:Double Post, my bad.

Starting to wish I had gotten a Ti last month as planned but the 800 series can't be too far away. Hopefully my 670 will handle ultra at 1080P at 30 FPS. Game definitely looks stunning at points. People saying Sleeping Dogs looks better should go play that game during the day again :p

Lucent

Your screen shots and Gaz's impressions combined have sold me on the PS4 version. I was worried it was gonna look kind of meh but it looks very good.

I find it weird how a game can look crazy good in places (like the screenshots you took, post more if you can!) but also look pretty bad in other places. It does look pretty nice though.

Skeff

Thanks nbnt for these, makes me less concerned about the Deadsec edition I've ordered for PS4, looks like it should stand up nicely to the PC, but at lower res. It appears as if I can hold off on that 280x and new CPU cooler for just a little bit longer... Though I hope a 1080p patch gets released on PS4, 1:1 pixel mapping is such a nice thing to have.

I think if I was to upgrade my gtx 670, I'd rather wait until the dx12 cards arrive than buy another dx11 card. Yes, I can wait that long :).

ttech10

You don't have to buy a physical pre-order. You can read reviews throughout the first few days of release and cancel or return. You also can often buy and redeem your pre-order, and if you really must, return the game itself.

I know, at least at GameStop, I can pre-order the game and they'll hold it for 3 days, but I always figured by then you wouldn't get the bonus. Their site says 'while supplies last' and have heard stories of people picking up a day after release and not having their code on the receipt. You also cannot return an opened game to GameStop. It must be unopened or defective (which would just help me get another copy). The code in the case method was so much nicer.

You definitely want the game but you don't want a penny to go to the people who spent years creating it because next-gen consoles couldn't match their early PC-based demo?

I probably take this a little more personally than many posters on GAF, but that just never feels right to me.

I almost never buy games used, and I can usually let small things like performance issues slide (PS3 multiplatform days) or minor downgrades (MGS4) slide, but in this case a large part of the game's earlier appeal is lost to me, so no, I do not definitely want it and neither am I obligated to buy it.

Addnan

Saw it is cheap on Russian Origin, will that be in English? The Russian steam page shows only Russian language available for purchases made there, don't know if Origin will work the same.

kriskrosbbk

To the folks that played it ,I heard there are 4 difficulties.Can anyone share whats the difference between hard and realistic,except bullet damage you receive?Maybe smarter AI lol

Top Bottom