• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

It is a shame the lighting seems so bland. Ubi is probably aiming for a realistic look, but I can't help but think a bit more contrast would do wonders for the daylight graphics. PC modding community to the rescue (I hope, even some decent SweetFX tweaks might be enough).

In real life, there is a thing called shadows. Cities are full of them. Not in Watch Dogs :p.

You buy it, then it appears in game. Think you'll have to do a couple of story missions to unlock your hideout to get the gun though, not sure on the car.

Do you know if the car or the gun will be the best in their class? I might not want to just go easy mode and get the best stuff right away.

-
Also if anyone else has unlocked either the gun or car with uplay point can you post pictures?

http://uplay.ubi.com/en-GB/news/watc...ctions-rewards

theytookourjobz

Target has a couple sweet deals for Watchdogs this week for anyone interested. But WD and get $25 off a PS+ or Live Gold 1 year sub. And cartwheel (targets iphone app thingy) has a 10% off Watchdogs coupon this week too.

PS4 Watchdogs and 1 year of Plus for $79 (cheaper if you have a redcard)!

gossi

Okay, so I posted my impressions based on 90 minutes Xbox One yesterday. Back today after another three hours.

It has grown on me. The game has atmosphere - it's paranoid and oppressive, even through to the music, weather etc. This is not a "HEY EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!" open world game. There's lots of humour in the hacked messages and such you will see - but the main story is played straight, and it's depressing.

While the graphics, to be honest, look bad last gen some of the time, as you get into it there's moments of it looking stunning. I just finished unlocking a ctOS station in the game (which took over half an hour and was not easy at all, by the way) and it started to both fog up and thunder during this. For those 30 minutes, it looked and played incredible. It was more stealthy than, well, Thief.

Also, the unlocks are great.

Downsides: the map isn't massive (I saw somebody superimposed the Watch Dogs map with GTA 5 map online... well, it isn't to scale properly as Watch Dog isn't GTA 5 sized at all). Also - minor bugs sometimes challenge immersion. I saw a dude NPC randomly fall into the water and immediately disappear. I also saw a car 'lagging' earlier - a computer controlled one rubber banding around the place. It was hilarious and weird.

Overall I'm much more positive after spending some time in the world.

I'm finding that the opposite is happening. The target flies about a bit too much.

Not for me. Like I said it's been smooth for me, no issues with aiming. And I'm playing with a 360 controller.

You might be talking about recoil, which is a different matter from aiming. (There is supposed to be recoil. There's a perk that reduces it).

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I excluded GTA5 from the list on the assumption that most people had played it, but I'd put the SR games ahead of Watch Dogs just because it's pure fun and I actually want to do things within the sandbox. The lack of melee on peds hurt it a little bit in that respect. I found the main story missions in Sleeping Dogs a lot better and I'm halfway into Act 2. Maybe I just really dislike Aidens character. It is touch and go between the 2 for me, but I'd recommend Sleeping Dogs to anyone who hasn't played it due to the fact you can find it a lot cheaper and hopefully, find this cheaper by the time you're done.

I have them all, all are good games but if I was gonna put them in a grade
tier 1: GTAV,Watch Dogs,RDR.
tier 2: Sleeping Dogs,LA NOIR.
Tier 3: Saint's Row, True Crime, Mafia
That's just my opinion so far, but yeah I would recommend SD,but not over WD at the moment, Watch Dogs may drop to second tier by time I complete but at the moment I think it's really good.

ButchCat

Big red button in the OT

Edit: Well the background behind it. Thought it would link to the actual graph. oops lol
Appreciated! I got a laugh out of it too.

Essentially, is the psn download the way to get nearly everything? Or will the retail copy also give me the same?

It seems buying the standard edition along with the season pass is the cheapest and best way around getting all the content. Man I really wanted that steelbook but the UPlay edition is out of stock.

In real life, there is a thing called shadows. Cities are full of them. Not in Watch Dogs :p.

8098.jpeg

Some of you guys need to go out a bit more.

Also, this type of realistic lighting is going to be more and more present in certain next-gen games that strive for a photo-realistic look, especially those open world games with 24 hours cycles.

I like it personally. Get used to it. :)

Ragona

im wondering if its my pc spoiled eyes or my tv but the slight aliasing is prolly the biggest downer for me on the ps4 version. Apart from that i really dont see why people would explicitely say it looks bad. For an extended launch window open world game (which clearly sufferes from being cross gen) im happy and intrigued to see what Rockstar and co show us in the next few years

Mikey Jr.

It seems buying the standard edition along with the season pass is the cheapest and best way around getting all the content. Man I really wanted that steelbook but the UPlay edition is out of stock.

I don't want "all" the content.

Just wondering which one gives me more.

ButchCat

I don't want "all" the content.

Just wondering which one gives me more.

Digital Deluxe or Gold is the way to go then but you'd be paying more than Retail Classic edition + Season pass for less content.

Question. I assume the retail copy doesn't have region protection, so does that make the purchase of the season pass from say an US account compatible with a UK retail copy? Anyone tried this before?

GHG

Does anyone know of a key seller who is already sending out uplay PC codes? PM me if you need to.

I'd like to start playing this today if possible.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, the first three exclusive PS missions are standard "download while tailing a target" missions (meh) while the fourth is a pretty cool gang hideout.

Overall I'd say other versions aren't missing much. But the gang hideout is pretty good(two targets instead of the usual one).

Edit: oh, we do get the "Superior Capacity" hacking boost for completing, which amounts to an additional battery. Not sure if that means PS versions have one more battery slot than the others, though...

Vuze

How are people finding the songs? I am pleased so far.

Yeah, I kinda like what I heard so far. Funny enough there was one song with lyrics like "We're so sick of all those old ideas" (forgot the name/artist). Broad hint?

So far, I like the game but the gameplay doesn't feel extremly fresh to me but solid. Had a few cool moments tho, i.e. I was chasing a thief but almost gave up since I fell behind quite a bit. Guy tries to cross the street, I hack the traffic lights and lucky as he is the thief gets hit by two cars at once lol

I also noticed a random car crash with the drivers getting out and arguing, thought it was pretty cool, haven't seen something like that in the last Open World games I played :)

I wasn't sure where to post this, whether in here or in B/S/T, so I'm posting in both.

I ordered a video card last night that comes with Watch Dogs on PC. However, I already have it preordered on Steam/Uplay. I was wondering if there was someone here who was already going to buy Watch Dogs on PC who would be willing to buy me Wolfenstein. I'll give said person Watch Dogs (when it arrives, which should be Tuesday or Wednesday) and a $10 game of their choice.

If posting that in this thread isn't okay, let me know and I'll edit. Otherwise, PM me. You'd be a big help.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Will there be a Steam pre-load?

That's the million-dollar question. Ubi has offered pre-loads for its "AAA" games in the past but the clock is ticking. There's no point asking Ubi, either, as ever since the Black Flag region-lock snafu last year apparently whenever there's a question or issue regarding Steam the official line is "Ask Steam", which is patently stupid when it comes to matters regarding say, oh, the availability of the game in the UK.

My advice to others who have pre-ordered on Steam is to just download the cracked version of the game so if there's to be no pre-load, or if a pre-load period would already be too little, too llate, then you're not wasting hours on release day downloading data. Instead you can: Create a Watch_Dogs folder in steamapps\common -> Move the data from the cracked installation into the folder -> Install again -> Wait as Steam "discovers existing files". You'll likely have to re-download some data due to the nature of how cracking works, but the bulk of it should pass Steam's validation check.

Seems like a pretty good game after playing an hour, but the car controls? Man what were they thinking? They're just awful, i don't know how else to describe them. This alone ruins a big part of the game for me..

The graphics also left me a bit disappointed, especially since Morin said that the final game would look like the e3 2012 gameplay video. Playing on PC with high settings and it looks nowhere near that good i'm afraid.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That looks awesome mate.

Question, with Green Man gaming, when do they send out uplay codes? On the 27th, Aus time which is the 28th for us or 27th US time?

Uplay doesn't support pre-loading so I'd guess the keys will be sent out at some point on the 27th UK local time as GMG is based in the UK.

Top Bottom