• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Faith

umwwwbrh.png

Crazy VRAM usage. So you need 4GB VRAM for 1080p and Ultra with AA?

Gaz_RB

This isn't one of those goddamn games where killing people gives you less rewards is it? I hate that bs.
Pretty much the only difference is that, for instance with random crimes, if you non lethally take out a guy, you get 250 more xp than if you killed him. Not large by any means.

Sothpaw

Pretty much the only difference is that, for instance with random crimes, if you non lethally take out a guy, you get 250 more xp than if you killed him. Not large by any means.

OK I suppose it's fine as long as its like Human Revolution where the penalty doesn't matter. For games that emphasize choice it's ridiculous to me that I should be steered towards a non-lethal option.

scitek

umwwwbrh.png

Crazy VRAM usage. So you need 4GB VRAM for 1080p and Ultra with AA?

I know they're getting shat on for it, but I don't care. I'm glad devs are finally pushing the limits again, especially one like Ubisoft that doesn't have a PC focus. I'll play this with Ultra textures in the future.

Gaz_RB

Beat me to it.. lol.

Anybody try a "clean" non-GTA, no-killing runthrough yet? This seems to be a game I'd rather wreak havoc from the shadows than just blow everything up.

There are a few instances in the story where you have to kill people, but for the most part I've played it non-lethally- batonning guys, knee capping guys (haven't actually killed a cop yet), or avoiding them all together (which this game loves letting you do). My favorite moments have been when the game presents me with this huge area with tons of cover that looks like it belongs in a third person shooter, and then I hit the blackout hack and sneak past like 20 guys. Or when I'm supposed to "Defend the area while the hack completes, and a wave of guys rush in and I sneak around and take them all down stealthily.

It's reminds me a lot of Blacklist. I would advise everyone to play on Realistic as well, makes the game better, IMO.

My next playthrough I think I'm going to kill everyone though, as the shooting is really fun.
OK I suppose it's fine as long as its like Human Revolution where the penalty doesn't matter. For games that emphasize choice it's ridiculous to me that I should be steered towards a non-lethal option.

You aren't steered towards the non lethal options.
Though if you're going on murderous rampages and killing tons of civilians, there are some gameplay consequences (more people call the cops, more cops come).

KORNdoggy

As long as you're being rewarded more for stealth (no alerts, no alarms, no bodies found, no kills), which is inherently more difficult then blowing someones face off with a shotgun, then i'm happy.

It's not really steering you so much as giving you a higher reward for doing something more difficult. It's harder to pull off a non-lethal take down where you have to get close without being seen than shooting them from 100 feet away, for example. Therefore you get more XP.

MattyG

Banned
So is preloading only happening in the UK? Or is it the US too? Because if it's US too, this will probably be my first digital PS4 game.

Erasus

Just saw a poster in the metro in Stockholm. Looks like a PlayStation-exclusive. Nowhere did it mention Xbox in any shape, name or form. How odd. I wonder if EU will have the same marketing for Destiny.

Have you seen the CoD ads that ran last gen? So 360 focused.

As long as you're being rewarded more for stealth (no alerts, no alarms, no bodies found, no kills), which is inherently more difficult then blowing someones face off with a shotgun, then i'm happy.

That's a good question. I have been playing it and the XP popups appear all the time, whether you take down non-lethal stealth or shoot up the place. Haven't been able to notice if one approach rewards more XP than the other

styl3s

I know they're getting shat on for it, but I don't care. I'm glad devs are finally pushing the limits again, especially one like Ubisoft that doesn't have a PC focus. I'll play this with Ultra textures in the future.
What imaginary limits are they pushing?

Cancelled

Neo Member
Ready to play at 17% install on X1. (~ 5 minutes)

On PS4 digital I could play the the first intro-ish part
until you are about to exit the stadium
with the initial ~3.5gb download, but after that I needed the full game downloaded and installed. Open world, makes sense.

Lemondish

I've heard that if you sacrifice a beloved pet on your doorstep, UPS will appear within the hour with your copy.

Do I need to previously have announced the pets existence on Twitter or can I make one up and lie? It's dishonest, so I guess I'm asking for a friend, yeah?

I'm in, guys!

Eventually got the Special Edition for 49€, because the store employees gave me wrong information this morning and I had to drive a second time to the store.

Lakitu

st5fu
I'm going to stealth as many missions possible, looking forward to tomorrow. Shame tuesday UK releases aren't a thing yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE4ZgInuzDE

Epic motorcycle race i was having, i failed so hard at the end

The bikes seems to be the most manageable vehicles in the game. As long as you manage your speed in traffic (they turn really wide). Kind of bummed after playing The Crew at PAX, I thought that the vehicles would handle better in Watch Dogs. They all feel really floaty and slick to drive. Never get the feeling of the tires actually sticking to the ground.

scitek

What imaginary limits are they pushing?

It's a figure of speech, but I meant in relation to the past couple of years where practically every game without Crysis or Metro in its title was a breeze to max out on mid-grade hardware. Though, judging from the fact that people in the PC performance thread were having trouble running this game with Ultra textures on a Titan, I'd lean more toward it needing to be patched more than anything.

Top Bottom