• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Klendathu

I would not count on that, last time with Second Son I had to manually start the download.

Out of curiosity, what time past midnight release did you check? I think it's clear from the EU pre-load experiences today, myself included, that downloads did not start for everybody at the same time.

So with uPlay, you can still play the game if Steam is Offline right? Did it ever get confirmed that playing offline in the game resets your stats or whatever?

Sothpaw

As long as you're being rewarded more for stealth (no alerts, no alarms, no bodies found, no kills), which is inherently more difficult then blowing someones face off with a shotgun, then i'm happy.

Why is stealth harder? You alert all the guards when you blow someone's face off. If anything stealth should be smoother/easier.

ekim

What magic is this, early copy?

Yupp
BokP4GKIMAAwcIO.jpg

I'm going to stealth as many missions possible, looking forward to tomorrow. Shame tuesday UK releases aren't a thing yet.

They definitely are. I've been to some Tuesday midnight launches, and Game is holding midnight launches tonight for Watch Dogs all over the country: http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/HubArticleView?hubId=170519&articleId=170520&catalogId=10201&langId=44&storeId=10151

I'm considering going along and impulse-buying a copy tonight after hearing all the positive opinions!

S1kkZ

For me it exceeds the hype by a lot. Then again I expected GTA with Hacking, recieved Splinter Cell + GTA + Jason Bourne.

pretty spot-on description. have the ps4 version since saturday and really like it. its no masterpiece but its still a damn good and entertaining game.

story also starts to get interesting (at the end of chapter 2 now).

Spartix

What time does this unlock on Uplay? I got a free code for the game with my video card but it's not a steam code it's only uplay.

mrhej

For me it exceeds the hype by a lot. Then again I expected GTA with Hacking, recieved Splinter Cell + GTA + Jason Bourne.

Yeah that's why I always have low expectations of games. Hype something up to much and you will probably be disappointed.

SkylineRKR

That pre loading is fun and all, but those PSN prices are retarded. If I drive to the store tomorrow, I pick it up for like 60. Which is 10 less than PSN. Thats the sole reason I am not going digital yet. I don't really have to do it for the casing, manuals and size anymore, just the price.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
I love the "Alone" digital trip game! Makes me want an open world cyberpunk game even more.

And just two more screenshots (PS4, capture card)

14273799152_35d107a534_o.png

14089306177_1394d92f12_o.png

How did you get rid of the HUD?
Sorry I didn't see this earlier. When you press up on the d-pad, the hud disappears for a split second.

Even worse, it is going for £59.99 on the uk PS store. That is £25 more than the US version.

Yep. It should absolutely be 20% more than the US version, but 42% is nuts. I've gone for it due to discounted PSN credit & pre-load, but I still could've gotten it cheaper on the US store. Still, it's cheaper than the special edition at Game, at least.

Still hoping some more reviews arrive before midnight so that I can cancel if it's deathly average...

zychi

Banned
Not steam but GMG has it for $45 with a code.

Doesn't the steam version have to go through UPlay anyway? That seems pretty redundant. Gotta have two programs open just to launch a game? No thanks
You shouldn't be on the internet then, multiple programs running on your computer at once, including an OS. kind of redundant :p

Trejik

How long is the story meant to be ?

I've logged 10-12 hours, about halfway through. And I'm going very fast, barely touching the side stuff. Mainly because I find the story interesting. I would estimate a 18-20 hours for a story run, 40 hours for 100% or more. The world is littered with stuff, collectibles, side missions, briefcases, missing persons, random crimes...

ekim

The first mission was well done. Sets the vibe for the whole game. And damn - it's beautiful when it rains. But even at daylight, the lighting looks flat by it is by no means an ugly game.

Niven

I've logged 10-12 hours, about halfway through. And I'm going very fast, barely touching the side stuff. Mainly because I find the story interesting. I would estimate a 18-20 hours for a story run, 40 hours for 100% or more. The world is littered with stuff, collectibles, side missions, briefcases, missing persons, random crimes...

Thank you, I think you've just convinced me to buy it.

Grisby

The urge to pick this up is getting heavy, especially since I'm on the back half of Wolfenstien.

Couple of questions. I know there is a baton for non lethal stuff but is there any other options? Also, does the game have some sort of morality system? Like, will I grow horns on my head if I start lighting up guy's left and right?

Gaz_RB

Thank you, I think you've just convinced me to buy it.

Yeah, and the collectibles aren't just bullshit, I was surprised to find. They all have a story behind them, and some even have missions that are unlocked after finding them all.

Edit:

The urge to pick this up is getting heavy, especially since I'm on the back half of Wolfenstien.

Couple of questions. I know there is a baton for non lethal stuff but is there any other options? Also, does the game have some sort of morality system? Like, will I grow horns on my head if I start lighting up guy's left and right?

There is a meter that goes up and down depending on your actions. It's basically how the town sees you. The scale ranges from menace to protector, and changes based on if you're killing pedestrians or cops. The reactions from the civilians change based on your actions, i.e. they might not call the cops when you blow a hole in some guys head.

As for the non-lethal options, there is just the baton and shooting them in their knees. No stun grenades or weapons. Of course, there is usually just an option to avoid a fight all together.

Not sure about the baton, but the game does have a sort of morality system. Good/evil kind of thing, a sort of reputation system. Helping people and preventing crimes from happening is good karma, and killing civilians/cops is evil karma. That's a pretty basic version of it.

Niven

Yeah, and the collectibles aren't just bullshit, I was surprised to find. They all have a story behind them, and some even have missions that are unlocked after finding them all.

Well that's me sold, I'm going to pick it up first thing, what the difficulty like ?

Gaz_RB

Well that's me sold, I'm going to pick it up first thing, what the difficulty like ?

There's 4 different levels, with Realistic being the hardest. You die in like two or three shots, and enemies can detect you easier.

After playing for a long time, the game is sort of easy, even on Realistic. The game just gives you so many options that it's hard not to be able to take on a situation in an easy way. Which might be the point, I guess. By the end I felt like Batman, blacking out an area and taking everyone out with ease.

IcyEyes

I'm not moving fast through the story, but I second your opinion and I find the story pretty interesting. I really love how much stuff there are in this game!

Cheapest place to buy NA steam key?

it is not worth it to get a steam key imho. Uplay keys are much cheaper, and u have to run uplay no matter what. I got mine for 29 dollars on ebay. Some people getting the NVIDIA code, simply dont want them, and are selling them for cheap

Oh shit, observation mode is awesome. You can invade someone and follow him while remaning undetected (until the 100% bar is full) . He doesn't even know that you're in his game, lol.

Top Bottom