• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Gaz_RB

Oh shit, observation mode is awesome. You can invade someone and follow him while remaning undetected (until the 100% bar is full) . He doesn't even know that you're in his game, lol.

It makes me so paranoid... Every time I see a pedestrian or car do something strange, I freak out.

Niven

There's 4 different levels, with Realistic being the hardest. You die in like two or three shots, and enemies can detect you easier.

After playing for a long time, the game is sort of easy, even on Realistic. The game just gives you so many options that it's hard not to be able to take on a situation in an easy way. Which might be the point, I guess. By the end I felt like Batman, blacking out an area and taking everyone out with ease.

That sounds amazing, I think I'll go for realistic. Thanks for the help with the decision!

SJRB

Gold Member
Oh shit, observation mode is awesome. You can invade someone and follow him while remaning undetected (until the 100% bar is full) . He doesn't even know that you're in his game, lol.

It's crazy. And because the same thing can happen to you at any time it works wonders on your paranoia. Suddenly every NPC that acts "off" is a potential player spying on you.

SpaceHorror

Quick question.

I've watched a lot of previews, streams, and videos for this, but for the life of me I can't recall Aiden swimming. Can he?

SilentFlyer

That pre loading is fun and all, but those PSN prices are retarded. If I drive to the store tomorrow, I pick it up for like 60. Which is 10 less than PSN. Thats the sole reason I am not going digital yet. I don't really have to do it for the casing, manuals and size anymore, just the price.

Unlike you I found PSN cheaper than retail. Retailers are selling it for at least $80 for standard edition. So PSN is ultimate choice. The only retail game I bought was Infamous:SS other than that its all digital.

I'm sorry if it's already been asked, but can anyone confirm if this game requires an online pass? I know most games don't these days but Assassins creed 4 still used one, so not sure. I can't find confirmation anywhere.

lordkosc

GMG won't be sending keys out until the game is released in the region you are getting the game... So a 10 hour wait for me....

:|

Thank baby Jesus I have 75Mb cable internet.

GavinUK86

I'm sorry if it's already been asked, but can anyone confirm if this game requires an online pass? I know most games don't these days but Assassins creed 4 still used one, so not sure. I can't find confirmation anywhere.

No it doesn't and they got rid of AC4's a few weeks after it came out. No one uses them anymore.

Dawg

As others said, tailing (observation mode) is pretty cool.

I'd argue it's one of the easiest modes to win though because a lot of players will never notice you :p One guy I tailed just stood there the entire time, was probably AFK :lol

GMG won't be sending keys out until the game is released in the region you are getting the game... So a 10 hour wait for me....

:|

Thank baby Jesus I have 75Mb cable internet.

1497.gif

GavinUK86

Think it works for everyone, I'm in the UK and managed to redeem the code to my Xbox fine.

I tried to redeem it for the PS4 and I got an error code. Googled the code and it means I'm in the wrong region from where the code was given. So, it doesn't always work if you're outside the US.

I tried to redeem it for the PS4 and I got an error code. Googled the code and it means I'm in the wrong region from where the code was given. So, it doesn't always work if you're outside the US.

I redeemed it on my US account, now I just have to wait for Watch Dogs to unlock to see if it shows up in my EU game. Not a big deal if it doesn't I guess. Only one gun after all.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Got the game and installing now. I caved after the impressions that it's like Splinter Cell.

Must be different policies for Playstation which is a shame.

Myaora

Neo Member
Hey guys, little question. I don't have a PS4 yet, nor am I planning on getting one before the holiday season (October-ish, summin like that)... So, for now, I have a decent if unremarkable PC and a 360. So, based on your experiences so far... Does the 360 version of the game hold up well enough?

ascully

Ordered from Amazon a couple of months ago for release day delivery, still says UPS have not picked it up from Amazon. Damn holiday weekend.

Qassim

I'm astonished how amazing this game can look, and also how ugly it can look during the day. It's weird how much of a difference there is.

BashNasty

Hey guys, little question. I don't have a PS4 yet, nor am I planning on getting one before the holiday season (October-ish, summin like that)... So, for now, I have a decent if unremarkable PC and a 360. So, based on your experiences so far... Does the 360 version of the game hold up well enough?

There are some videos of the previous-gen versions floating around, but to be honest you're probably gonna have to wait for release to get truly reliable impressions.

Online playing can be so intense. I was hidden in a car and some guy walked really close by 2 or 3 times. I was always prepared to bail but in the end patience paid off and I got away unseen. Really fun if you make yourself look like an AI car standing in some crash :)

Top Bottom