• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Kibbles

So it looks like my Amazon copy is arriving late, can I still pre-order Watch Dogs at GameStop and just go to the midnight release?

ascully

If you payed for RDD and don't recieve it on the release day, contact Amazon and they'll make it right.

I chose release day delivery but I have Prime so no extra payment was made for the shipping. Last time they messed up like this they said because I am a Prime member they cannot issue a shipping refund.

Grisby

Yeah, and the collectibles aren't just bullshit, I was surprised to find. They all have a story behind them, and some even have missions that are unlocked after finding them all.

Edit:

There is a meter that goes up and down depending on your actions. It's basically how the town sees you. The scale ranges from menace to protector, and changes based on if you're killing pedestrians or cops. The reactions from the civilians change based on your actions, i.e. they might not call the cops when you blow a hole in some guys head.

As for the non-lethal options, there is just the baton and shooting them in their knees. No stun grenades or weapons. Of course, there is usually just an option to avoid a fight all together.

Not sure about the baton, but the game does have a sort of morality system. Good/evil kind of thing, a sort of reputation system. Helping people and preventing crimes from happening is good karma, and killing civilians/cops is evil karma. That's a pretty basic version of it.
Cool, thanks.

The Splinter Cell name drops got me a bit hot under the collar.

sunnz

It is the 27th here in the UK in like 5 hours yet the game will unlock in 14 hours? BS.

Plus no pre loading on UPLAY...

Kinda wish I didn't get it from G2A, sure it was a hell of a lot cheaper ( £19) but I don't even have the key yet.

though when the game unlocks, I most likely will so not really a problem.

JerC

Ordered it on steam today. Pre-loading it now. Anyone know how to get the DS4 to work on pc? I tried the wrapper but that caused uplay to crash when I used it with far cry 3.

Ordered it on steam today. Pre-loading it now. Anyone know how to get the DS4 to work on pc? I tried the wrapper but that caused uplay to crash when I used it with far cry 3.

I use something called ScpServer, if I remember the name right. I havent had any problems with that and uplay. Not sure if it is the same thing u are using

Flintty

Oh shit, observation mode is awesome. You can invade someone and follow him while remaning undetected (until the 100% bar is full) . He doesn't even know that you're in his game, lol.

This sounds amazing, I can't wait to stalk my friends! Tomorrow can't come quick enough. My copy was posted on Thursday so I was hoping to get it Saturday but Royal Mail let me down again dammit.

Gaz_RB

Not only did I cancel four separate pre-orders TLOU based on a video of a very similar bug, but I appealed to retailers to remove the game from their shelves.

pXHWe.gif

Dave_6

GMG won't be sending keys out until the game is released in the region you are getting the game... So a 10 hour wait for me....

:|

Thank baby Jesus I have 75Mb cable internet.

Since I'm CST in the US, I wonder if that means I'll get a code around 11PM when the East Coast gets it at midnight...?

I use something called ScpServer, if I remember the name right. I havent had any problems with that and uplay. Not sure if it is the same thing u are using

ScpServer bugs the hell out with uplay for me as well. It works but it makes uplay freeze for about a minute between every action. I have no earthly idea why. I mean it was already standard practice for me to look at uplay for the least amount of time possible anyway so I've gotten pretty streamlined at getting the game launched as soon as possible but it still slows you down a bit. Works fine when the game launches though. I just wish I could have Dualshock 4 button prompts instead of 360 ones.

Mr. Hyde

This game seems amusing. Sleeping dogs remains my favorite open world game ever but the hacking in this game will hopefully provide a lot of entertainment. I don't care either way how the driving is.

Top Bottom