• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Spazznid

This game seems amusing. Sleeping dogs remains my favorite open world game ever but the hacking in this game will hopefully provide a lot of entertainment. I don't care either way how the driving is.

SD had some of the best side missions I've ever played and all the little minigames (screw/unscrew, hack, bug, triangulate, etc) were amazing. I don't think we'll get another SD until SD2, but hopefully WD is fun.

It would be if the people you were tailing just walked everywhere. People tend to drive or run really fast though.

I will tail everyone in my list, everyday - for continuous paranoia

My first impressions (PS4):

Sugar: It's a huge sandbox game. Endless details, sidemission, gimmicks, things to do. Everyone, who needed his/her open world, fix will have fun. It's always something to do and I'm intrigued what I will discover during the story develops.

Salt: The IQ is not the bomba everyone expected after the infamous E3 presentation. I think this is clear by now. This is not the next-gen oh mein gott game and Infamous SS, for example, looks better (yes, don't compare pre-baked lighting with real-time stuff. I do this, but don't do this). Think of a highly polished GTA5, with many and more small weather details, and stuff, but without Trevor. Driving is very arcade and not as fluent as GTA5. Finally, the quality and details of the charactermodels are strangely very mixed. Some look good, some (Jack, wtf?) look like direct from Toy Story 1.

I can't say much about the story and the game so far, hence, really a very "first impression".

TheCloser

Banned
I know they're getting shat on for it, but I don't care. I'm glad devs are finally pushing the limits again, especially one like Ubisoft that doesn't have a PC focus. I'll play this with Ultra textures in the future.

You should get shat on because this statement is so wrong. Just because your engine is not optimized doesn't mean you're pushing shit. There are games that are older than this and look better while using less gpu and cpu power.

oti

Banned
Even the German mainstream press covers this game. Fits the whole NSA-story (Germany really cares about privacy in general) rather well. You can read the article here (German).

BolVSvhIAAAZdsM.jpg:large

You should get shat on because this statement is so wrong. Just because your engine is not optimized doesn't mean you're pushing shit. There are games that are older than this and look better while using less gpu and cpu power.
That's the thing these days, if a game runs badly people say its demanding first

TheCloser

Banned
That's the thing these days, if a game runs badly people say its demanding first

Yea and thats wrong. This game is really not doing anything special so for it to be such a resource hog is unacceptable. This is typical ubisoft though, their software is always a bloated mess.

Here's a quote from a ubisoft pr guy on AC 4 i believe:
"It's always a question of compromise about the effect, how it looks, and the performance it takes from the system. On PC, usually you don't really care about the performance, because the idea is that if it's not [running] fast enough, you buy a bigger GPU. Once you get on console, you can't have this approach."

Ragona

finally been able to redeem my ps4 code and finished the bonus missions. kinda meh 3x the same mission more or less + bonus.
I Hope they deliver on DLC here tho caus i kinda like the game..but usually dlc doesnt motivate me to come back

GJS

GMG won't be sending keys out until the game is released in the region you are getting the game... So a 10 hour wait for me....

:|

Thank baby Jesus I have 75Mb cable internet.

Staff in the GMG section of the playfire forum have said they are planning to send out UK keys at midnight, and Australian keys in "a little bit". They might just push them all though if people keep moaning at them, provided they have the keys.

Trevelyon

The PlayGo implementation in this game is very very disappointing. 5 minutes slice of gameplay and then you're required to download + install the rest of the game. InFamous had at least 2 buffers zone before it asked you to install the full game and iirc Black Flag PlayGo was a sizable chunk of game before you hit the first buffer.

Boo I say Ubi Montreal, Boo!

I still don't know what to think. I was hyped when it was announced at E3, but lost all interest. Now...tbh...the game seems very interesting to play and an open world Splinter Cell sounds really appealing..

Does the PSstore version for PS4 have any exclusive content like the physical editions do? Still going digital regardless, just curious.

How do I start the online tailing/invasion missions? It says I need to do an introductory mission but I don't see it anywhere in my map. When does this mission become available?

Dajanksta

Banned
Can't wait to get this game tomorrow. Will enjoy it with my time off. Anyone have a link to all the gun codes that have been released? I've seen quite a few in the past few weeks.

meanspartan

Not only did I cancel four separate pre-orders of TLOU based on a video of a very similar bug, but I appealed to retailers to remove the game from their shelves.

I'm sure they took you very seriously and did some soul searching before deciding that ya, they were indeed going to go through with putting one of the top sellers of 2013 on their shelves.

kanuuna

I love the "Alone" digital trip game! Makes me want an open world cyberpunk game even more.

And just two more screenshots (PS4, capture card)

14273799152_35d107a534_o.png

14089306177_1394d92f12_o.png

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. When you press up on the d-pad, the hud disappears for a split second.
The framing is nice. Pretty.
I feel so conflicted about this game. Some of it looks like a blast, but in other parts it puts me off. Specifically the driving, which just seems way too arcadey for my tastes. The world, too, seemed quite empty from what I saw of it.

meanspartan

So just to be clear, since I am on Pacific Standard time, will I be able to see reviews at 9pm (midnight on the east coast), or do I gotta wait til midnight?

skynidas

Banned
So just to be clear, since I am on Pacific Standard time, will I be able to see reviews at 9pm (midnight on the east coast), or do I gotta wait til midnight?

i think the review embargo lifts at midnight pacific standard time. so everyone will have to wait until then

Nintyb

Banned
Went to Best Buy to see if they would sell it to me. Dude says they have it in the back and goes to get it. When he came back a manager was with him and I knew I was screwed.

Denied.

lucius

Anyone know what time the PS4 PSN digital copy is suppose to release?

Really wish they did preload for this in US, I don't feel like waiting until midnight at a Gamestop and Amazon really sucks now for games even with Prime no more release day free, 2 days later with Prime yeah no thanks.

Top Bottom