• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

bitoriginal

For those of you who don't own a next gen console, I'm playing this on the 360 so I thought I'd chirp in with some comments on the game to let you know how it runs/plays.

In terms of performance, I'm not noticing anything to get your panties in a twist about. Obviously it's not as creamy as next gen, but it's perfectly serviceable and fun to play. I was quite surprised at how good it looks on the 360. There's certainly no glaring issues as far as I'm concerned, and it seems to run well and look good. For those sensitive to frame rate issues, I can't comment.

I'm hugely surprised at how much I'm enjoying the game and how much there is to do. I love that you're given options to hide in your car, holster your gun, and determine whether you're going to put your bandana up. The stealth is surprising good, and for me it's more Blacklist than Assassins Creed. Gives you plenty of different ways to approach situations and some really fun tools to use to overcome obstacles.

The world is definitely not as alive at GTA, but being able to identify everyone and intercept calls and texts makes up for it in some ways. You can really have alot of fun just discovering new people and making your own fun whilst roaming. I do think the atmosphere of the world is good, and it's kinda got this gritty futuristic big brother dystopia thing going on.

Overall, I'm finding it quite enjoyable and would recommend it, even if don't own a next gen console.

I'm sure they took you very seriously and did some soul searching before deciding that ya, they were indeed going to go through with putting one of the top sellers of 2013 on their shelves.

The fact that the game shipped with a bug I never personally encountered was a disgrace. I had to try my best to thwart it.

M.Steiner

I will never understand why developers continue to do tailing missions. Does anyone actually enjoy these?
When it's another player you're secretly tailing, sure.

I was tailing some guy last night who managed to spot me hidden in and among some other NPC traffic. A vehicle chase then began as I tried to escape him whilst he was pulling blackouts and shit on me, hacking alleyway street blockers, causing traffic accidents etc. I managed to pull a bridge up eventually and break free from him down a back alley on the other side but only just. It can be a lot of fun, was on the edge of my seat the entire time.

BoljK07CUAAJU_Z.png

So ready.

basefree

Got my pre-order on Origin. I'm assuming this will only provide me a UPlay key when it's released, and wont actually be downloaded/played through Origin, correct?

The Ps4 version look really good but... The first thing to do is lower the brightness in game, is too fucking high on default that ruins almost everything.

M.W.

Ok, so the game is out on PSN at 12am EST and the review embargo ends at 3am EST. Got it. Pre ordered, now gimme.

What do people mean when they say the driving is too arcadey? Too slippery? I've seen some pretty good driving on streams so I just wanted some clarification if possible.

QaaQer

What do people mean when they say the driving is too arcadey? Too slippery? I've seen some pretty good driving on streams so I just wanted some clarification if possible.

Too easy.

GTA IV had the best combo of arcade and sim, imo. Many vocal people hated that they had to learn how to drive in the game, so we got V and now WD driving.

dex3108

Too easy.

GTA IV had the best combo of arcade and sim, imo. Many vocal people hated that they had to learn how to drive in the game, so we got V and now WD driving.

Best driving mechanic is in Mafia 2 with Simulation turned on :D GTA IV driving is frustrating sometimes (usually in car chase).

Gaz_RB

I want more of you to get the game so I can talk about some of the missions. There are some really awesome missions in this game.

MayMay

Banned
Played for roughly 3 hours now (after unlocking it via VPN on Steam). Did 2 missions, and the rest of the time I was just roaming around trying to find MP stuff. Took a while to find someone to tail or hack each time - but I guess that's because the game isnt out yet in most regions.

So far so good, I like it.

I too would like to know this (primarily the MP stuff) as AC4's Platinum took FOREVER due to the shitty level up trophies.

they really arent that bad...nowhere near the level of BS that is AC mp trophies. They are mostly for doing 10 of something. Doing 10 observes, completing 10 races. Its all a cakewalk. Only one that could be potentially hard is not being spotted during an observation or whatever its called. I know there is one achievement that is different from the trophies, cant remember what it was though

I just bought the Season Pass for PS4 from Gamestop (traded in AC4 for PS4 for $29.90). The code does not work yet.

It does say on the receipt that the code may not be redeemable until after 2pm PST on 5/27/14.

For those of you who don't own a next gen console, I'm playing this on the 360 so I thought I'd chirp in with some comments on the game to let you know how it runs/plays.

In terms of performance, I'm not noticing anything to get your panties in a twist about. Obviously it's not as creamy as next gen, but it's perfectly serviceable and fun to play. I was quite surprised at how good it looks on the 360. There's certainly no glaring issues as far as I'm concerned, and it seems to run well and look good. For those sensitive to frame rate issues, I can't comment.

Good to know. I'm not buying a next-gen console until sometime over the summer, so I'll be picking this up on the PS3. As long as the game is playable on current/last-gen machines, I'll be happy. If I like it that much, I'll just re-buy it later when I have a PS4.

dex3108

I liked the driving in that game. Still amazes me what that studio did with the budget they had.

No matter what others are saying about Mafia 2 i love that game. I am waiting for Mafia 3 to be announced on E3 since M2 was released. driving from station to home with Let it Snow in background is one of the best moments in video games.

NicolasVH

Neo Member
Somebody an idea how the Xbox One Marketplace handles the digital release of Watch_Dogs? I live in Belgium but since the Xbox One isn't released here yet I have my store region set to the US and I'm wondering at what time I can expect it to unlock.

M.Steiner

Took a while to find someone to tail or hack each time - but I guess that's because the game isnt out yet in most regions.
Yeah, I figured the same. I expect the wait times will be significantly shorter once the game has fully released everywhere and more people are connected. At least I hope so. I can see myself playing a lot of multiplayer.

icespide

Banned
since I preordered this digitally on PS4. once its available at midnight will it automatically start downloading or do I need to manually start the download?

Skeff

since I preordered this digitally on PS4. once its available at midnight will it automatically start downloading or do I need to manually start the download?

Some people have been having having success pre-loading all day, not sure how, try downloading.

icespide

Banned
Some people have been having having success pre-loading all day, not sure how, try downloading.

I already figured it wasn't going to preload, I mainly am just wondering if i need to stay up late to actually start the download or will it automatically begin downloading while I'm sleeping

SilentFlyer

Mine didn't start itself but have to manually download it. If you are in UK/EU or any PAL region you should have pre-loading option.

I turned on my PS4 at lunch and it automatically started downloading, didn't have to do anything. Just got to wait for midnight to roll around for it to unlock.

I'm in the UK if that makes a difference :)

Edit - Seems it may be EU/UK only for pre-loading.

Top Bottom