• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

HowZatOZ

Banned
Sigh Green Man still refusing to actually follow their own guidelines of releasing a key when it hits your purchasing country. Ah well, at least I got it cheap.

Agh, there's that.. f'ing Ubisoft.

Uplay has achievements just like Steam, not sure why it matters so much. You can even buy in-game stuff with the achievement points.

Seanspeed

Banned
Too easy.

GTA IV had the best combo of arcade and sim, imo. Many vocal people hated that they had to learn how to drive in the game, so we got V and now WD driving.
The problem was the more realistic approach in GTAIV was not actually realistic and most cars had an insane amount of understeer and super low rear grip, making it fairly unpleasant. People say 'you have to learn how to drive', but no, if you knew how to drive already, you would know that the cars drove like crap. It wasn't fun, even for somebody who LOVES realistic handling. If they cant do it right, they were wise to go to a more forgiving, arcade-ish driving model.

Not that you cant ruin an arcade-ish driving model, of course.

Wag

I WANT IT!!!

Damn. Why don't they ship/unlock these big games on a holiday so people can play them on their day off?:(

pahamrick

Is it right that if I buy the Standard Edition and the Season Pass that I get all the DLC items so far?

For Playstation? Yes.
For Xbox? No. There's a piece of playstation timed exclusive content.
For PC? No. You get the playstation exclusive content with the digital deluxe version.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I WANT IT!!!

Damn. Why don't they ship/unlock these big games on a holiday so people can play them on their day off?:(
They usually despatch on a Friday if its a bankholiday, hence why I got my deadsec edition Saturday, where you order from?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Wait, the Steam version won't have the achievements?

(I didn't even realized that with Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. Shows how little I actually care...)

oti

Banned
Uplay people,

anybody received there code yet?

:(

Have you already "purchased" the game through the web browser? I got my code from the Nvidia promo and activated the game over the web. Nothing's showing up on my Uplay account as of yet, but I did get a purchasing confirmation via mail.

Jeremy

So the PC digital deluxe version essentially comes with all preorder DLC + PS exclusives?

The game is so fragmented I can't piece together what version and where to buy to get everything.

Wag

They usually despatch on a Friday if its a bankholiday, hence why I got my deadsec edition Saturday, where you order from?

I ordered mine on Origin, so I'll have it tonight, but won't really get to play it until later this week.

I WANT IT!!!

I feel you! Bank holiday weekend would have been perfect for this. Wolfenstein it was for me instead & watch dogs can wait till payday at the end of the month.

pahamrick

So the PC digital deluxe version essentially comes with all preorder DLC + PS exclusives?

The game is so fragmented I can't piece together what version and where to buy to get everything.

To get every piece of DLC for the PC version currently revealed, you need the digital deluxe + season pass.

Which is a shame because the season pass gets you everything the digital deluxe version has BUT the PS exclusive content.

Excellent! Ordered it for PS4. Thanks for the fast answer =)

No problem!

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I ordered mine on Origin, so I'll have it tonight, but won't really get to play it until later this week.
Digital? I take it a lot of people got it digitally as there seems to be a lot waiting lol

def sim

Wait, the Steam version won't have the achievements?

(I didn't even realized that with Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. Shows how little I actually care...)

Not steamworks, so no. It will have Uplay achievements and points to be used for extra items, I'm sure.

Jtrizzy

Anyone one having luck with VPN's on uplay? I've tried singapore and both australian servers and can't get a preload going.

Mookow

I'm going for PS4 because of the lack of Steam Achievements. I like tracking my progress with trophies/achieves.

Along similar lines I've got a good enough PC to run well, but I really don't like loading Steam, clicking a game, and having Uplay load a 2nd launcher. For that reason I'll get it on PS4.

Along similar lines I've got a good enough PC to run well, but I really don't like loading Steam, clicking a game, and having Uplay load a 2nd launcher. For that reason I'll get it on PS4.

It has no effect on anything, doesn't take up performance and you don't even see it after the first 4 seconds. So silly!

Jeremy

To get every piece of DLC for the PC version currently revealed, you need the digital deluxe + season pass.

Which is a shame because the season pass gets you everything the digital deluxe version has BUT the PS exclusive content.

No problem!

Now that I'm looking at the deluxe edition, I want the extra content but not all the boost advantages. I want to play the game as is without the additional ATM cash or extra battery or free vehicles.

I'm excited for WD, I just got my game paid off but the people at GameStop did not have any tickets--one of the lady didn't print them out--so I have someone's initial on one of the two receipts I have.

I plan to head to GameStop around 11:00-11:30, is this a bad idea for a midnight release? I don't care about being there at 9 to play demo's. . I guess I'm no longer GameStop's main target audience.

Also I appreciate the fact that you can kill random people without the game killing you (AC I'm looking at you).

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
It appears I'm about to join you PS4 guys in just about minutes. Turns out my local store received their copies quite a while ago.

Kinthalis

Banned

But booting up a console, switching inputs on your TV and putting in a disc is soo much easier....

Hip Hop

Have you already "purchased" the game through the web browser? I got my code from the Nvidia promo and activated the game over the web. Nothing's showing up on my Uplay account as of yet, but I did get a purchasing confirmation via mail.

Yup, did it with an Nvidia promo code through the browser like a week or two ago and I've also received the confirmation email but it has been a no show for the actual game.

From what I understand, it won't show up in your Uplay account, it will come in via email in form of a code.

I guess we need to give them a few hours more or so. It's gonna suck having to download all of it, a preload would have been nice.

Anyone know the actual size apart from the required 20gb?

pahamrick

Now that I'm looking at the deluxe edition, I want the extra content but not all the boost advantages. I want to play the game as is without the additional ATM cash or extra battery or free vehicles.

Yeah. I kind of don't want the boosts too, but I want to do the missions relating to them at the same time.

But booting up a console, switching inputs on your TV and putting in a disc is soo much easier....

Behold the power of the Logitech Harmony remote!

I push one button, and my TV switches to the proper input, my console turns on, and my stereo receiver is switched to the proper audio channel. It's almost like magic!

Oh, and I have the game digitally, so no disc required.

Top Bottom