• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

HowZatOZ

Banned
Anyone one having luck with VPN's on uplay? I've tried singapore and both australian servers and can't get a preload going.

Heh that's kind of funny considering it has always worked for Australians to VPN into US to unlock early. What VPN you using?

Also Green Man ain't passing their keys through until 12am UK time which is rather annoying, they clearly describe on the page that "Keys are sent out on the release date for your region." Australian and New Zealanders should have received keys eight hours ago, but nope.

Fedele

Ubi, your pre-order menu is really fucking annoying.

Because of all the options, I really have no idea which one to pick on the PS4. I'm currently between the standard physical copy, Digital Standard and Digital Deluxe.

PS4 owners, tell me your choice and help me choose, please.

And yes, I've seen the pre-order Wiki chart.

SilentFlyer

I have downloaded a gmae through PSN and it should start but when ever I try to play it says 'Cannot start the application. This application can be started only by a user who has license for it.' I restored lisence and even got notification that I can play thr game but when i select the game it takes me to the store to the Deluxe Edition whereas I bought Classic Edition. Any one else having this issue?

Skyzard

Banned
They want everyone to say tomorrow at work: yeah I got no sleep as I was playing Watch_dogs all night.

Not going to happen ubi. ... not going to happen...

GlamFM

Banned
I have downloaded a gmae through PSN and it should start but when ever I try to play it says 'Cannot start the application. This application can be started only by a user who has license for it.' I restored lisence and even got notification that I can play thr game but when i select the game it takes me to the store to the Deluxe Edition whereas I bought Classic Edition. Any one else having this issue?

Same. We should probably go to sleep and check again tomorrow...

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Heh that's kind of funny considering it has always worked for Australians to VPN into US to unlock early. What VPN you using?

Also Green Man ain't passing their keys through until 12am UK time which is rather annoying, they clearly describe on the page that "Keys are sent out on the release date for your region." Australian and New Zealanders should have received keys eight hours ago, but nope.

You're avatar scares me
it really does ;)

ColEx

Seems strange that GMG's "official" region time release for the UK is different to Steam and Origin, on those platforms we have to wait until 9am. :(

I pre-ordered from GameStop for the PS4 and have the season pass with my code. It is say that it may not be active until tomorrow at 5PM EST, sigh. I hope it goes live at midnight so I can just download all the crap in my sleep.

oti

Banned
Yeah, I'm waiting, too.

Do you know, if we have to sign-out and sign-in again to see the game or will the game just appear under the "Games" section?

I have no idea. I already did that a few times, still nothing. I tried to go on the web version of My Games, that site doesn't even load properly.

Dommel

Just booted up my PS4 after preloading this morning, got 4 notifications that Watchdogs + items are now usable but I get this message when I actually start it;

Cannot start the application, only users who hold a license for this application can start it.

Then a choice to cancel or go to Playstation Store, which directs me to Watch Dogs overview page where I can do nothing?

Halp :(

EU PSN, Belgium

Ubi, your pre-order menu is really fucking annoying.

Because of all the options, I really have no idea which one to pick on the PS4. I'm currently between the standard physical copy, Digital Standard and Digital Deluxe.

PS4 owners, tell me your choice and help me choose, please.

And yes, I've seen the pre-order Wiki chart.

If you ever plan on getting the Season Pass, get the digital standard copy. If you get the Digital Deluxe version, it's $70. And then if you want the Season Pass, you will have to pay an extra $20 to get most of the stuff you already got in the Digital Deluxe version. That's $90 total you've spent.

If you get the digital standard copy at $60, and later you want the Season Pass, you will pay $20, making $80 total, and you'll have all the stuff from the Deluxe edition plus the extra DLC.

Acidyl

Just booted up my PS4 after preloading this morning, got 4 notifications that Watchdogs + items are now usable but I get this message when I actually start it;

Cannot start the application, only users who hold a license for this application can start it.

Then a choice to cancel or go to Playstation Store, which directs me to Watch Dogs overview page where I can do nothing?

Halp :(

EU PSN, Belgium
same here, great :(

BY2K

Membero Americo
Honestly I'd prefer Gifs. I'm on a Macbook Pro using Safari and all that happens for me when I click a webM link is Safari tries to download something that I can't do anything with.

That's because Apple doesn't want to support WebM. Everybody else does.

Says 6 hours to unlock for me, too. Montreal, Quebec (Canada).

valeo

Honestly I'd prefer Gifs. I'm on a Macbook Pro using Safari and all that happens for me when I click a webM link is Safari tries to download something that I can't do anything with.

Punishment for using a Mac.

Soo how many people actually have and are playing the game?

Dommel

same here, great :(

Glad I'm not the only one but this looks like somebody fucked up basically the biggest launch of the first half of this year. Really Sony?

There's no unlock file or something to be downloaded, checked my library. Rebooted PS4, logged in/out.

FFS!

Akai__

I have no idea. I already did that a few times, still nothing. I tried to go on the web version of My Games, that site doesn't even load properly.

I have a feeling, that we'll wait the whole night.

I just checked my e-mail and it says the following: "pre-ordered release date: Fri Nov 21 00:00:00 CST 2014"

Dayum...

Lrrr

To those who've played it, how is the civilian and enemy A.I.? That's really the deciding factor in my purchase as, for me, that's one of the most important aspects of an open world title.

Constructive and detailed responses are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Fedele

If you ever plan on getting the Season Pass, get the digital standard copy. If you get the Digital Deluxe version, it's $70. And then if you want the Season Pass, you will have to pay an extra $20 to get most of the stuff you already got in the Digital Deluxe version. That's $90 total you've spent.

If you get the digital standard copy at $60, and later you want the Season Pass, you will pay $20, making $80 total, and you'll have all the stuff from the Deluxe edition plus the extra DLC.

Thank you so much, dude.

Digital standard + season pass that is, so! :)

Ok now the unlock time changed to 19 hours after being 10 a few minutes ago.... what the fuck :/

zKL2Tbm.png

Symax

I have the same issue. :/

GJS

So... according to Steam Germany the game will be unlocked in ~19h. It's 00:21 right now. What?

That's the season pass, the game itself has dissappeared from the store page for some reason.

Also supposedly GMG/playfire support have said UK release is still on for midnight.

kriskrosbbk

Do you start it under the same account you have bought it ?

Top Bottom