• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

SRTtoZ

This kind of stuff really gets to you doesn't it?

Lol seriously. I really didn't mean to stir up a PC vs PS4 debate, I have both and love both, I am MAINLY a PC gamer but some times I just prefer a game on PS4.

Btw, does anyone know if the game has a walk button? Meaning if I play with a keyboard can I still walk like Aiden does all calmly or is that only with analog sticks?

OrangeOak

I thought I will be able to buy it after midnight on GMG and start downloading it on Uplay so it would be ready in the morning :(
Why can't they sell it if it's 27th here already.It's not end of the world but it always must be so complicated.
On the other hand I wasn't even sure if I want it but all that gifs,videos and positive opinions made me hyped.

Gaz_RB

To those who've played it, how is the civilian and enemy A.I.? That's really the deciding factor in my purchase as, for me, that's one of the most important aspects of an open world title.

Constructive and detailed responses are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

My opinion on the AI is that it is serviceable. In combat, I have never had anything happen for me to go "wow that AI is really stupid". Often enemies will flank you and take you down pretty quickly (playing on Realistic, which I feel is really the best way to play). You really have to keep moving, use your hacks and gadgets, and stay behind cover or else they'll get an angle on you. Cop AI is relentless, but they're not dead shots like GTAV, which I love. You can actually bob and weave them to dodge some gunfire, at long range anyway. Short range they'll tear you up. During stealth they have their typical dumb moments, "Hey what was that?...oh must be nothing", but I think they strike a balance between fun and difficult. So in regards to enemy ai, it's not exceptional but it never stood out to me as poor.

Pedestrian AI seems to be slightly better than most other open world games. In relation to you, they react if they see you with a gun, if you run over their friends, if you're driving on the sidewalk, if you start shooting, etc. They do the call 911 thing, which is cool, and they do it regardless of who is shooting (could be a criminal you're chasing). They do a lot of other things other than just walk around, which adds to the experience I think. You'll see people fighting, drunk people hitting on chicks, people doing yoga, beatboxers and rappers, etc. When you point a gun, they run away. The only issue where I've been like "wow they're kind of stupid" is when I was on the highway just going down lanes headshotting people out of their cars. No one would call the cops and very few even got out of their cars to run. It was strange.

Can't think of anything else. but yeah there's really not much wrong with the AI, from what I noticed. It's nothing special though. I'll add something if I think of it.

Reviews were enough to get me to pull the trigger on the PS4 preorder, so midnight Eastern here I come.

It'll be nice to be able to "go home" to Chicago when I want as I've missed it dearly since moving two years ago.

Sweet home, Chicago!

kriskrosbbk

Yes. I even restored the licenses and got notification that Watch_Dogs is unlocked. And when I select it, displays error and takes me to the the store.

Mine will be unlocked in 20 mins .God ,its too late already ,hope it works around here.
Which store you bought it from mate?

Gumbie

Lol seriously. I really didn't mean to stir up a PC vs PS4 debate, I have both and love both, I am MAINLY a PC gamer but some times I just prefer a game on PS4.

Btw, does anyone know if the game has a walk button? Meaning if I play with a keyboard can I still walk like Aiden does all calmly or is that only with analog sticks?

I know that feel. I've got a 3770k over clocked to 4.5ghz with a heavily overclocked 780ti and I'm still getting it on ps4 just because most of my friends will be on ps4. Also if I get the game and hate it, I'll just sale it or trade it in.

SRTtoZ

One day Ubisoft will actually put games on their own fucking service before steam
Lol no they won't

That is pretty ridiculous.

I know that feel. I've got a 3770k over clocked to 4.5ghz with a heavily overclocked 780ti and I'm still getting it on ps4 just because most of my friends will be on ps4. Also if I get the game and hate it, I'll just sale it or trade it in.

Yea I'm a bit of a trade in nut since I have OCD. I like to move on from things I beat and will probably trade this in a few weeks after I buy it with some gamestop promos and get about $40 (thats what I got for InfamousSS). I'll get this game on steam when its on the cheap and all. I'm running a 4gb 680gtx and a 3820 i7, 16gb ram and I know I can run it on a mix of Ultra/high just fine but my other friend will be on his PS4 and I thought it would be cool to be able to chat with him while we play. Inb4 "YOU CAN CALL HIM ON A CELLPHONE TOO OR SKYPE IF YOU GET IT ON PC". Yea I know.

I really do wish it was 1080p on PS4 tho :D

OrangeOak

My opinion on the AI is that it is serviceable. In combat, I have never had anything happen for me to go "wow that AI is really stupid". Often enemies will flank you and take you down pretty quickly (playing on Realistic, which I feel is really the best way to play). You really have to keep moving, use your hacks and gadgets, and stay behind cover or else they'll get an angle on you. Cop AI is relentless, but they're not dead shots like GTAV, which I love. You can actually bob and weave them to dodge some gunfire, at long range anyway. Short range they'll tear you up. During stealth they have their typical dumb moments, "Hey what was that?...oh must be nothing", but I think they strike a balance between fun and difficult. So in regards to enemy ai, it's not exceptional but it never stood out to me as poor.

Pedestrian AI seems to be slightly better than most other open world games. In relation to you, they react if they see you with a gun, if you run over their friends, if you're driving on the sidewalk, if you start shooting, etc. They do the call 911 thing, which is cool, and they do it regardless of who is shooting (could be a criminal you're chasing). They do a lot of other things other than just walk around, which adds to the experience I think. You'll see people fighting, drunk people hitting on chicks, people doing yoga, beatboxers and rappers, etc. When you point a gun, they run away. The only issue where I've been like "wow they're kind of stupid" is when I was on the highway just going down lanes headshotting people out of their cars. No one would call the cops and very few even got out of their cars to run. It was strange.

Can't think of anything else. but yeah there's really not much wrong with the AI, from what I noticed. It's nothing special though. I'll add something if I think of it.

Thanks for that detailed description!
I think I will have fun with this game if shooting is good ,ai is ok and from what I saw it looks really good.Plus there is stealth and good music(not in the radio).
If mission design isn't really bad then it's all good for me.
Worst part is that I can't download it and play :(

Amon-Lau

Saudi Arabia Gaf folks, what's this talk of this being banned...?
Is it just another rumor? or can anyone confirm it...?

kriskrosbbk

Then you might have the same issue ( I hope not ). My timer ended 3 hours ago but I still can't access it. Plus they haven't charged my CC yet.

Yeah I was wondering the same today.I am still not charged as well.
Guys anyone managed to start the game preordered from PSN at all?PS4.

Dommel

Can anyone check who pre-ordered and pre-loaded the game on EU PSN if their credit card has been charged?

I just checked mine and it hasn't yet but the game shows up as 'bought' when I visit the store page and also in my download library.

Lrrr

This is exactly the type of reply I was hoping for when I made my post. Thank you, sir, for this. You have alleviated my fears quite a bit.

Would you say WD is worth $60?

GJS

That is not factual at all. Every single game this has never been the case.

Well it's what is happening right at this moment.

The steam front page just updated as well and the price tag next to watch_dogs was removed.

You can still buy the season pass and it has the 19 hours to release timer.
Edit:

Actually you pretty much can't buy any game in the coming soon part of steam atm.

AlterOdin

WTF, you cant buy it on steam any more??

It only now gives me the option to add the season pass, did they run out of keys or something?

SRTtoZ

Fuck I want this game badly. I keep watching Youtube videos which don't do the game justice (visually) but man it seems so good. Heading out to Gamestop soon to pay it off.

How is the 360 version of this game looking? I have a high end PC but i doubt i can run ultra without frame drops etc :(.

How high end? Even if you run it with medium/high it will be a generation ahead of the 360 version.

Amon-Lau

I meant why would they ban it? To play early? If so then I'm pretty sure its not the case.

Same issue why GTA5 was banned, sexual content most likely...
I just wanna know if this is another GTA5 thing or some arse is just spreading a rumor...

Ansatz

There's something about the camera position both when driving and on foot that puts me off, also the way the camera slightly shakes when you run. I remember GTA V was similar when I tried it. Is there any way to go back to a more "classic" camera perspective? Because I can't stand this. I want it more zoomed out and looking down at the character from a 45 degree angle, so you can see what's ahead of you but not far.

SilentFlyer

I just wanna know if this is another GTA5 thing or some arse is just spreading a rumor...

Its not. You can easily find the copy in Jarir or other game shops. If It was banned they would have removed the pre-order from Saudi Arabian PSN store from where I pre-ordered.

Gaz_RB

This is exactly the type of reply I was hoping for when I made my post. Thank you, sir, for this. You have alleviated my fears quite a bit.

Would you say WD is worth $60?

I mean yeah, I love it. Been playing it for like 3 days straight and I'm not bored yet. The core gameplay is the fun part, not running around just to be a completionist, which I think is important. Getting into a firefight in the middle of a crowded intersection has never been more fun in an open world game. I find that I do fixer missions because I want a driving challenge, and I do Gang Hideouts because I want a stealth/shooting challenge, not just to check them off a list. Not really going to comment on graphics because I don't really care as much, but I think the game looks great, even during the day.

It's certainly been worth the money to me. If you're still on the fence, I'd say wait for reviews. Maybe I'm an outlier. Full disclosure, I also loved AC4, Far Cry 3, Splinter Cell Blacklist, and Ghost Recon: FS, if anyone is interested in my taste. I tend to like Ubisoft games in general, though I thought AC3 was meh.

There's something about the camera position both when driving and on foot that puts me off, also the way the camera slightly shakes when you run. I remember GTA V was similar when I tried it. Is there any way to go back to a more "classic" camera perspective? Because I can't stand this. I want it more zoomed out and looking down at the character from a 45 degree angle, so you can see what's ahead of you but not far.

no way to change the camera angle. At least on PS4. I didn't even realize the camera shook when running until you said something, but I could understand if that could get annoying to people.

There are some serious sexual overtones in this game, and lots of boobies. i could see how it would be at least censored there.

Top Bottom