• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Dommel

Aaaaannnnd it doesn't start on PS4 in the UK. Only users who have the license, apparently.

It looks like Sony hasn't actually charged people yet. I'm reading that the amount is still in people's wallets waiting to be deducted or CC's to be charged.

My CC also hasn't been charged.

GJS

I just went to the steam store and you can't even buy the game at the moment... There's no price listed or anything.

It's not just watch_dogs. Almost every game up for pre-order in the coming soon category can't be ordered at the moment.

There's a problem in the system.

Kadayi

Banned
That is not factual at all. Every single game this has never been the case.

Go to the purchase page. You'll note it says 'you already own this game' but it doesn't give you the option to buy it as a gift. It only lets you buy the DLC.

At what time Watch_Dogs is officially releasing in UK/EU? One hour from now?

Probably 1AM GMT. Although you never know it might be available in between.

QaaQer

The problem was the more realistic approach in GTAIV was not actually realistic and most cars had an insane amount of understeer and super low rear grip, making it fairly unpleasant. People say 'you have to learn how to drive', but no, if you knew how to drive already, you would know that the cars drove like crap. It wasn't fun, even for somebody who LOVES realistic handling. If they cant do it right, they were wise to go to a more forgiving, arcade-ish driving model.

Not that you cant ruin an arcade-ish driving model, of course.

The cars that drove like crap drove that way because they were crap, or big SUVs, etc. The nice cars drove nice. Each car had its own feeling, and you needed to develop some skill.

Further, they had a really nice damage model that penalized shit driving, which gave some motivation to want to get better.

People didn't like it because it was hard and not 'fun'. So we get Saints Row III stuff, which is so boring.

At what time Watch_Dogs is officially releasing in UK/EU? One hour from now?

Its passed 12am here now. It's 12.08AM so it's technically the 27th

Also a side note I used the Steam CD key on Uplay and it activated but when I launched it I got the same "you can play this when it unlocks" stuff..... sigh

Nintendo is actually really good at putting up games right at midnight. Can't say the same for Sony.

Well, if it's not available elsewhere in Europe despite having passed midnight an hour ago, it's obviously not coming tonight. I may as well cancel & buy at retail in the morning.

Rolfgang

I'm so happy right now! I've been waiting months for my PS4 (I live in The Netherlands and they are insanely rare), whilst the initial waiting time was five weeks. But then this evening I ordered the Watch Dogs PS4 bundle at a different shop and I can pick it up tomorrow.

You+re+awesome+have+a+claptrap+dance+gif+_a5fc8706c0d0519e34ebfe43cdaf0f5f.gif

Sojgat

Well, my xbox melted. I'm going to guess that it's unrelated, but part of me hopes it's not. Thank fuck shops open in 20 minutes.

Game seems like the real deal though.

Would not worry about the steam countdown timer said - we had 8 hours to go show up in Australia 2 minutes to midnight and then at midnight it magically unlocked with 7 hours left on the clock.

Don't Despair!

Wag

I bought it through Origin India using Hola and it still says the game will be available Monday 26, 9PM (I live on east coast US). Whether that's true or not, I don't know.

CanaryRob

Are you sure it's out? which marketplace?

UK, checked an hour ago and it was unavailable. Checked at 0015 and it's £59.99. As I said I'll be picking up a boxed copy in the morning, so no idea if you can successfully purchase and play. But you can go and pick up a boxed copy now at GAME so I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Drewfonse

Very encouraged to hear that the game has a meaty, engrossing campaign. I'm not much for side missions in open world games, but I may do a few. I'll be very happy for ~20 hrs of straight story with a sprinkling of side missions.

This game has generated happiness in me.

LNBL

UK, checked an hour ago and it was unavailable. Checked at 0015 and it's £59.99. As I said I'll be picking up a boxed copy in the morning, so no idea if you can successfully purchase and play. But you can go and pick up a boxed copy now at GAME so I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Aye, i'm waiting for the USA marketplace to put it up. Though i'm not expecting it before 06:00 AM my time

rob305

When will this be out on the US marketplace for the Xbox One? 12am EST or 03am EST? I remember Titanfall came out at 3am EST

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I want to stay up till the key comes so i can download it while I sleep, but I have very little faith GMG is going ot send keys this evening.

Linconan

Mines on the way!
*stares at tracking*

Been watching tons of streams and vids, and very much liked what i've been seeing regardless of the GTA comparisons (which is selective) etc.
I do have my concerns, but i can overlook minor things.

Cannot wait :)

*sits by mail box, with mobile phone out*
"Time for some Hacking.."

*pulls blade out*

Pandemic

I want to stay up till the key comes so i can download it while I sleep, but I have very little faith GMG is going ot send keys this evening.
Agreed... wonder what happened. Very dissapointed. Shouldnt complain though considering I got the game for cheap.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Agreed... wonder what happened. Very dissapointed. Shouldnt complain though considering I got the game for cheap.

Theres a lesson to be learned from GMG which i should have picked up on before, 80% of the games ive got from there, adn ive bought around 20, the keys have come before the date. The other 20% have been promised on the date at midnight and came substantially after, usually in the morning. Like you say though at least its cheap.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Theres a lesson to be learned from GMG which i should have picked up on before, 80% of the games ive got from there, adn ive bought around 20, the keys have come before the date. The other 20% have been promised on the date at midnight and came substantially after, usually in the morning. Like you say though at least its cheap.

That's how I'm dealing with it. Most times I get the key pretty early on for pre-loading, other times it can take a few extra hours. Doesn't bother me too much as I already saved myself $50 thanks to the cheaper price compared to our Australian product pricing.

Wasn't sure I wanted the Season Pass so I preordered the PSN PS4 version. Now I watched the Season Pass trailer and definitely need it, but not seeing it on SEN.

I guess I need to wait til the store updates then? I should have just snagged the Gold edition...

The pre-ordering/pre-loading process wen't so smoothly on my aus psn account last night, i was actually thinking to myself how much sony have improved with this stuff... I wake up this morning ready to play and nope, normality restored and it's back to the classic psn experience.

Top Bottom