• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Kinthalis

Banned
Nope, doesn't make sense either

I don't know who runs things, but people in their positions always seem to do the exact opposite of what I'd do:

Theoretical Kinthalis head of Ubisfot: Hmmm, looks like the pirates have struck! They're all playing the game early. Well, release the cracken. Call it a pre-order bonus, but I'll be damned if I'm going to have my paying customers watch on the sidelines while the pirates have all the fun!

Actual heads of Ubisoft: DELAY THE RELEASE!

My copy is set for release day delivery from UPS, but I know for sure it's going to come at the latest possible time of around 8pm :(.

For game's I'm excited about, I usually go to Walmart when it opens and play all day. Urgh...

Anyone trying to pick this up at a store at midnight?? whats your plan? I called gamestop but they told me i had to pre-order before 9, then pay it off after 9 and get a ticket, and then wait till midnight.

wtf i just wanna buy it at midnight god dam

Anyone trying to pick this up at a store at midnight?? whats your plan? I called gamestop but they told me i had to pre-order before 9, then pay it off after 9 and get a ticket, and then wait till midnight.

My Gamestop is doing a midnight launch as well, but I don't really feel like making the trip. I'm just going to pick it up after work tomorrow. I have off on Wednesday anyhow.

Symax

Maybe ubisoft and sony are just nice people who want us to read the reviews first before we pay off our preorders.

Nintyb

Banned

They told me the same thing. I'll just get it at 10am tomorrow. Could always pop into Walmart at midnight but you run the risk of an employee who knows nothing and can't find it.

SilentFlyer

For those who are not able to play the game and have not yet being charged, someone suggested solution on EU Blog:

If it's past midnight your local time and it's still not working and money has not been taken from wallet, you can go to Account Management on PS4, go to your wallet, then choose transaction history and then choose your preorder and cancel it.

After that you are able to purchase the game straight away from PS Store and it takes the money from your wallet straight away and then you are able to play the game.

Canceling the pre-order does not delete pre-downloaded files and you are ready to play straight after purchasing it from Store.

Some have confimed on the blog that this works.

Well, I have played some of the online modes on PS4 (Hack, Trail and Race) and until now the experience is smooth. But with the game release officially on few hours, I have a doubt: Watch dogs uses dedicated servers or is P2P?

malfcn

How many people are getting the Season Pass?

• The Palace Pack
  • The Breakthrough Pack
  • The Signature Pack
  • Conspiracy Digital Trip
  • T-bone Campaign
  • 5 Additional Player Packs
  • Untouchedable Mobster Pack

Guesses on individual prices, release schedule and trophy or achievment values?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
So on GMG it used to say "Keys will be made availabe at game launch"

It now says "No Keys available for this game"

This is getting very worrying

Looks like the GMG codes will probably go out when the game unlocks for the US at 4am local time or something stupid. Guess I'll just have to go to bed and download the game in the morning. Complete shit show by GMG.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Well, I have played some of the online modes on PS4 (Hack, Trail and Race) and until now the experience is smooth. But with the game release officially on few hours, I have a doubt: Watch dogs uses dedicated servers or is P2P?

P2P I think. Can't be sure on that though so don't count on my word.

So on GMG it used to say "Keys will be made availabe at game launch"

It now says "No Keys available for this game"

This is getting very worrying

God dammit GMG, you had one job.

Put up some videos of the PS4 version at youtube.com/riotpelaaja

There's a pretty stunning amount of things to do in this games. Stating the obvious here, it's an Ubisoft game after all, but still... I'm not feeling the driving much. Feels more like just a way of getting from A to B, so just cruising around doesnt feel that interesting. One small thing I really like is that you can turn off the soundtrack by just holding down the d-pad. Small thing but very welcome if you want to listen to the tunes.

• The Palace Pack
  • The Breakthrough Pack
  • The Signature Pack
  • T-bone Campaign

I already have my code from Gamestop for my season pass. I also have whatever pre-order GameStop has. Going to just give it away tomorrow once I make sure my season pass goes through.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Would you be content with some PS4 footage of me tailing random online people?

Vid 1
Vid 2

The song I linked a few posts ago is in Vid 2 :D
That's super creepy, being watched without being alerted to it. Wow. Thank god years of AC multiplayer have taught me how to act like an AI.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Mwahaha, I had some points left in my Uplay account and I could unlock the gold gun and the stealth car right away.

MattyG

Banned

That's strange. I've never heard of them doing that, even for massive launches. Glad I'm not going to Gamestop (going to a local store called Bullmoose).

Downloading from Amazon UK just after 00:15. Currently at 36% after 45 minutes of a 21.42 file download. I'm guessing it will be complete in around another hour and a bit. Hmm, not that quick considering I usually get 9MB a sec on Steam so theoreticlly should only take 40 minutes at full whack (if my maths is right). As it looks like it's gonna take more than twice as long I'm guessing I'm only getting 3 or 4MB per second which is annoying.
Oh well, they were the cheapest. Guess I have to wait.

ButchCat

• The Palace Pack
  • The Breakthrough Pack
  • The Signature Pack
  • T-bone Campaign

Count me in.

Top Bottom